Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...an-hitch-june/

They're actually planning a 50 issue run?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Linkey-poo?
    Using bit.ly to avoid spoiling a series that isn't announced yet. I know that you, in particular, don't believe a thing's going to happen until it actually does but this seems pretty solid. There have been several BC stories about this with lots of twitter hints...

https://bit.ly/2HqDNcr

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...an-hitch-june/

They're actually planning a 50 issue run?
    Planning a 50 issue run and actually getting to write a 50 issue run aren't the same thing unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Planning a 50 issue run and actually getting to write a 50 issue run aren't the same thing unfortunately
    They're not but if the quality keeps up it's not out of reach. I find this run on Hawkman to be more compelling than any before it, including Hawkworld or the Johns run.

Since CoIE resulted in combining Katar and Carter (something I've never liked), Hawkman's origin/continuity has been a mess. Venditti's solved that in a really great way IMO. Can't wait to see what's next. I do hope Kendra or Shayera will join the series though and that it will be retitled to reflect that.

Conrad also confirmed on his twitter feed he is the new ongoing artist for the book.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Using bit.ly to avoid spoiling a series that isn't announced yet. I know that you, in particular, don't believe a thing's going to happen until it actually does but this seems pretty solid. There have been several BC stories about this with lots of twitter hints...

https://bit.ly/2HqDNcr
    Ellis? Damn... wouldn't have guessed that.

I've long figured Hitch must be working on a bigger DC book behind the scenes. Sad to see him leaving HAWKMAN though.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Conrad also confirmed on his twitter feed he is the new ongoing artist for the book.

-M
    Nice. The art has been one of the best aspects of the book, glad to see the quality ain't going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Ellis? Damn... wouldn't have guessed that.

I've long figured Hitch must be working on a bigger DC book behind the scenes. Sad to see him leaving HAWKMAN though.
    Hitch said his next two DC projects are as artist only because it was a chance to work with writers he couldn't pass up an opportunity to work with. Re-teaming with Ellis on a project does make sense in that context. He was only supposed to do the first few issues of Hawkman but liked working with Vendetti so much he extended it to 6, then 12 issues, and is only leaving because he has committed to the other two projects. In this day and age, a 12 issue monthly run with no fill ins and without any lead time to get ahead, is a pretty solid run. Sad that the bar is so low on that, but it is what it is.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Yeah, in today's climate you're likely to make it to 25 issues, if you even stick on a book that long.

I admire Venditti's passion though.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Hitch said his next two DC projects are as artist only because it was a chance to work with writers he couldn't pass up an opportunity to work with. Re-teaming with Ellis on a project does make sense in that context. He was only supposed to do the first few issues of Hawkman but liked working with Vendetti so much he extended it to 6, then 12 issues, and is only leaving because he has committed to the other two projects. In this day and age, a 12 issue monthly run with no fill ins and without any lead time to get ahead, is a pretty solid run. Sad that the bar is so low on that, but it is what it is.

-M
    Yeah totally, its cool that he did 12 issues. That's a nice big collection, ya know?

I've enjoyed the heck out of HAWKMAN. Feels like a real Adventure comic, capital 'A' n all.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Please excuse the bump, but I've just finished the first 12 issues of this run. While I found it enjoyable and pretty well-drawn, I found the episodic and decompressed nature of his investigations into past lives a bit pointless at times. I'm also unsure about the redemption origin being added in, though I didn't hate it. Can anyone who kept following the series give me a clue about how it progresses? Now that he has a foundation underneath him, I was hoping for just pure Hawkman adventures.