Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I think she would fit best in a team of New Mutants, but I see that problematic bc of Magma, considering most writers in modern times have written their powers similarly

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I actually liked it better when she was the outsider. I have never been a fan of the x-office taking control of every single mutant, and thought it was better when her and few others were not sucked into the x-books. Her and Justice being out there and members of the New Warriors and Avengers showed that mutants did not HAVE to be part of the x-verse. Her getting sucked into the x-books was bad for her character in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I actually liked it better when she was the outsider. I have never been a fan of the x-office taking control of every single mutant, and thought it was better when her and few others were not sucked into the x-books. Her and Justice being out there and members of the New Warriors and Avengers showed that mutants did not HAVE to be part of the x-verse. Her getting sucked into the x-books was bad for her character in my eyes.
    I honestly think Firestar is getting featured a little to prepare for Absolute Carnage. I think she is going into that event and she may even get recruited back to the avengers if Absolute Carnage touches more than the spider books. Firestar is powerful enough to actually hurt and kill Carnage, so I think she is going to be recruited to take him down. House of X / Powers of X is just setting the current state of mutants before the September X-relaunch of the X-books, from that point on Firestar may go outside the X-books after she gets some story in the House of X and Powers of X. If Powers of X (10) means the 10 most powerful mutants, then obviously Firestar is an Omega so she may be in the top 10.

I hope that Angelica's cancer issues are put behind her. We've kind of seen this play out with Jane Foster's story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    What does everyone think of her costume? Do you think she needs an upgrade? The yellow is pretty iconic but it looks a bit out of date in my opinion.
    Keep the classic...no "upgrade" needed. It is a classic. I would keep her out of the X-Books. Put her on an Avengers team. Mutants need a more positive public face.

That's the thing with Angelica. She's been on a lot of different teams already. So there should be places for her to go even if the X office don't have plans for her.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's the thing with Angelica. She's been on a lot of different teams already. So there should be places for her to go even if the X office don't have plans for her.
    who, if anyone, officially "has dibs" on Angelica-- is she officially an "X men character", an "Avengers character" or "freelance"? Editorial turf-claiming has ruined and stunted lots of characters (e.g., Beast being "off-limits" for Avengers stories for many years)
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 05-02-2019 at 05:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who, if anyone, officially "has dibs" on Angelica-- is she officially an "X men character", an "Avengers character" or "freelance"? Editorial turf-claiming has ruined and stunted lots of characters (e.g., Beast being "off-limits" for Avengers stories for many years)
    That is tricky...she did debut in the X-Office...her limited series and X-Men 193 (IIRC). But no one used her for years til Warriors.

Unfortunately she is one of those characters that spends a lot of time in limbo unless a writer wants to use her...and the editor wants to let them.

As far as your comment about Beast....if a character is not being used by their "main" office they should be able to be used elsewhere and becomes offlimits to the "main" office.

It appears Hickman has plans for her. I wonder what he'll do with her?

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Hopefully not a meaningless death awaits Angelica
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Firestar gets Binary powers is my bet. Carol doesn't need them.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

They should definitely give her an upgrade to make her immune to her own powers. That would solve the cancer problem once and for all.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They should definitely give her an upgrade to make her immune to her own powers. That would solve the cancer problem once and for all.
    And that can just be done with a line from Beast..."Looks like Pym's device worked...your immune to your own powers now."

Do we know that her cancer was caused by her powers? I don't remember reading that it was explicitly her powers that caused the cancer.

Yes we do. It comes up in Marvel Divas #2.