Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Apart from a one shot adaptation of the episode "Triumph of the Green Goblin" and Spider-Man Family Featuring Amazing Friends #1, there was never any comic directly based on the series and it doesn't seem like there ever will be one since it's long over. That didn't stop Firestar, Iceman, and Spider-Man from meeting on later occasions though, such as in Web of Spider-Man #75 (1991).

Is that a Superman and Lois reference? That man and woman Namorita and Nova are picking up look like them, plus the whole "built" and "reporter" dialogue.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Is that a Superman and Lois reference? That man and woman Namorita and Nova are picking up look like them, plus the whole "built" and "reporter" dialogue.
    Maybe. Haha.

Has anyone come up with a reason or theory for why Firestar was on that cover for Powers of X issue#1. Because she hasn't appeared in the series yet, and I cant come up with a more subtle reason for her to be there based on her history.

I think on some level the HOXPOX teaser by Brooks was supposed to be a summation of the X-Men history. Firestar might not be the hugest character in their publishing history, but she does occupy something of a unique position, straddling franchises, and so a noteworthy one.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think on some level the HOXPOX teaser by Brooks was supposed to be a summation of the X-Men history. Firestar might not be the hugest character in their publishing history, but she does occupy something of a unique position, straddling franchises, and so a noteworthy one.
    Ah, so Firestar would only be there because she is a mutant with ties to the New Warriors, as well as Spider-Man and Iceman based off of an old cartoon. That would make sense from a historical sense, yes.
    Maybe another way to use that history in the story would be to place her as a mutant who sides with the rest of the Marvel heroes instead of the X-Men.

There's better panels in the comic itself that show it off, but Firestar got a mini redesign by Flaviano in Absolute Carnage: Lethal Protectors #2 this week.

https://www.cbr.com/absolute-carnage...rnage-reunion/

She has a black domino mask and a snazzy cropped leather jacket. I really dig it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    There's better panels in the comic itself that show it off, but Firestar got a mini redesign by Flaviano in Absolute Carnage: Lethal Protectors #2 this week.

https://www.cbr.com/absolute-carnage...rnage-reunion/

She has a black domino mask and a snazzy cropped leather jacket. I really dig it!
    oh cool, I am glad she made it into Lethal Protectors, I was hoping she would get to be part of the event since she helped stop Carnage last time.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    oh cool, I am glad she made it into Lethal Protectors, I was hoping she would get to be part of the event since she helped stop Carnage last time.
    I was really pleased to see her. It's odd that Marvel have not really mentioned either her or Deathlok appearing in their promotion/solicits for this mini considering how integral they were to the original story. I loved Firestars Nineties costume so I'm glad to see her rocking the leather jacket look again

Marvel 1001 New Warrior Page

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Marvel 1001 New Warrior Page
    Thanks for saving me the work to post this.......maybe the NEW WARRIORS Appreciation Thread will be activated soon......

.....Also.....If you happens to get FUTURE FOUNDATION #3; you'll see a brief appaerance of Firestar as well.
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 10-04-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Astonishing Member

Good news......Angelica made another appearance within HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #4.

I am so glad she got to be part of a team in the Absolute Carnage event. I knew when they announced the event that it would be an absolute shame if she didn't appear someplace, and yay, she is going to continue on Lethal Protectors for 3 or 4 issue arc. I have a feeling if they continue this team that they will keep Firestar on the team as one of their powerhouses.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Nice to see her with confidence again and not acting like she's only been in the super hero game for 5 minutes.