Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default This girl is on fire: Firestar Appreciation 2019

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thank you so much, juan678. I have been waiting a long time for someone to come along and start a new appreciation thread for one of my favorite superheroes in the 616 Marvel Universe. I hope this year will be a good year for our favorite Angel.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-14-2019 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Made a correction.

Firestar! I hope she gets more panel time again. I've always wanted them to make her a real role model and mentor to younger heroes. It would be a great character progression from all the trauma she dealt with during her time with the Hellions and I also imagine she'd have kids looking up to her for being one of the first young heroes to officially join the Avengers.

BANNED

I don't like her working with X-teams

Extraordinary Member

I find it very strange that even though she was much more popular as an Avenger than Justice (something that got lampshaded in the comic itself, as they watch a news report saying she's popular and he's not), Vance got to be an important character in two more Avengers series, Avengers: the Initiative and Avengers Academy, and she sort of faded away.

Angelica had a lot of good moments in that run, even if her costume was kind of ridiculous. But she's never been anything less than a good character, and very versatile: she's been an Amazing Friend, a Hellion, a New Warrior, an Avenger, an X-Man and she's always easy to like and identify with. They really should use her more.

I love Firestar... never understood how she ended up working with Emma a little while ago or what her Secondary Mutation was supposed to be... I also almost feel like she would be at home in this Xman Mutopia.... but she isn't featured but was at the battle with Xman.

I also wonder about Justice... him being a mutant... where is he while all of this is going down in Uncanny? Same with Sabra? and Namorita?

Namorita's situation is rather nebulous. You see, she died in the Stamford Disaster at the start of Civil War I. Later, Richard Rider was sent back in time by the Sphinx, who also pulled Namorita in. When it was time to go home, Rich brought Nita with him! She's technically been time displaced ever since. When Rich got stuck in the Cancerverse, Nita disappeared, not appearing anywhere else now that the Nova book was over, so you could assume she was sent back to her own time... until Fantastic Four's recent relaunch. Reed called in every F4 member ever - including Namorita. Is this the same time displaced version? If so, where has she been all this time? Or did Slott not realise she was supposed to be dead? If she is around, then why the hell isn't she involved in the current Avengers/Invaders storyline involving a a face heel turned Namor?

Sabra actually did appear in Avengers recently, as one of several heroes representing different countries. As a foreign national, maybe the current crisis in Uncanny X-Men isn't affecting her?

Justice absolutely should be getting targeted. Sam Alexander really should ask the Champions to help him out - but I'm not sure the team even knows Sam was a New Warrior - in the most recent volume of Nova, when Richard met the Champions, the New Warriors came up in discussion... and Ms. Marvel said "they were... a team". She had nothing nice to say about them, obviously having heard about Stamford, and didn't want to offend Rich!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Love Firestar. She's a real powerhouse that deserves a shot at the big time. I wish she would get another shot at the X-Men or even join up with the new mutants seeing as their old friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    I love Firestar... never understood how she ended up working with Emma a little while ago or what her Secondary Mutation was supposed to be... I also almost feel like she would be at home in this Xman Mutopia.... but she isn't featured but was at the battle with Xman.

I also wonder about Justice... him being a mutant... where is he while all of this is going down in Uncanny? Same with Sabra? and Namorita?
    Yeah I'd like to know why she was working with Emma. Maybe editorial didn't do their job and look into their backstory ...

As for justice, telekinetics are a dime a dozen in the X-Men, my dream is for him to join the guardians.

That would make sense, considering that one of the classic GOTG members (before the Star-Lord led team) is his AU version Vance Astro.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

her powerset works really well in space because she can go all out without hurting civilians with radiation

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    her powerset works really well in space because she can go all out without hurting civilians with radiation
    And destroying the planet!

Isn't she unable to go full supernova because she isn't immune to her own powers? She has to keep the radiation dosage low.