Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think on some level the HOXPOX teaser by Brooks was supposed to be a summation of the X-Men history. Firestar might not be the hugest character in their publishing history, but she does occupy something of a unique position, straddling franchises, and so a noteworthy one.
    It was said that everyone on that teaser has a reason to be there. I'm hoping it means she plays a part in one of the X books.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Nice to see her with confidence again and not acting like she's only been in the super hero game for 5 minutes.
    Agreed. One of the many things I found enjoyable about Nicieza's run on New Warriors.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. One of the many things I found enjoyable about Nicieza's run on New Warriors.
    And her telling off Emma in Young Allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And her telling off Emma in Young Allies.
    Agreed. Criminally underrated, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Marvel 1001 New Warrior Page
    Very nice seeing Firestar in Marvel #1001, and I'm hoping we'll see more of her soon.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Thanks for saving me the work to post this.......maybe the NEW WARRIORS Appreciation Thread will be activated soon......

.....Also.....If you happens to get FUTURE FOUNDATION #3; you'll see a brief appaerance of Firestar as well.
    Me too, PaxHouse. Looking forward to the New Warriors revival.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Classic art of Firestar by various artists from her first two decades of being published in the 1980s through the 1990s:

Dan Spiegle, Jim Mooney, John Romita Jr., Mary Wilshire

Ron Frenz, Mark Bagley, Alex Saviuk, Guang Yap

Tom Raney, Terry Shoemaker, Ernie Colon, Paul Ryan

Erik Larsen, Dave Hoover, Dwayne Turner, Jae Lee

Chris Marrinan, Joe Madureira, Steve Epting, Scott McDaniel

Brandon Peterson, Darick Robertson, Tom Lyle, Kevin Hopgood

Stephen Jones, Brandon McKinney, Craig Brasfield, Richard Pace

Patrick Zircher, Ron Lim, Sal Buscema, Paris Karounos

George Perez, Steve Scott, Joe Jusko, Joe Bennett

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Marvel 1001 New Warrior Page
    are Vance and Angelica good terms again?

I kind of want Emma to recruit Angelica into the new Hellfire Club, just so Emma could say she successfully recruited the two young women she always wanted to join her team. Plus it would give Angelica something to do again being a regular character in Marauders.

I guess if they keep Lethal Protectors going after the Carnage event, then Angelica can stay on the Lethal Protectors team.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I kind of want Emma to recruit Angelica into the new Hellfire Club, just so Emma could say she successfully recruited the two young women she always wanted to join her team. Plus it would give Angelica something to do again being a regular character in Marauders.

I guess if they keep Lethal Protectors going after the Carnage event, then Angelica can stay on the Lethal Protectors team.
    Now that is an interaction I'd pay to watch!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post

If that is so, then in the end the "bad gal" wins because her once-(vehemently)-reluctant recruits went and came around to her POV, decades later (in print)/a decade later (in-universe, however the sliding TL works). Leave it to Emma to find more ways to make herself inhumanly insufferable, which is the point of the Krakoa attitude.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    If that is so, then in the end the "bad gal" wins because her once-(vehemently)-reluctant recruits went and came around to her POV, decades later (in print)/a decade later (in-universe, however the sliding TL works). Leave it to Emma to find more ways to make herself inhumanly insufferable, which is the point of the Krakoa attitude.
    Or more to the point that Angelica and Kate win because Emma wants to fix what happened in the past by trying to form a new relationship with both of them.

All you have to do is look at Emma's reason for asking Kate to work for her, she wants Kate to lead the Hellfire team that rescues mutants from non treaty countries that are being persecuted, imprisoned, or pursued by human organizations and need protection.

I am sure Emma would have a small sense of satisfaction seeing both Angelica and Kate sitting at the conference table with her discussing business, but at the same she might also see it as her own chance to redeem herself in the eyes of these two women as well.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

bunchofxmen.jpg

I caught a glimpse of this, supposedly from a fan culture magazine of the 1980s, around 1986--

I started thinking: What if Firestar had been allowed to join X-Factor, shortly after it's debut? It would have been a way for Firestar to join up with "The X-Men" (O5) and team up with Iceman, in a nice parallel from the cartoon show continuity. That in particular could have led to a lot of fun.

As folks here know, Angelica was kind of shunned away after her initial comics introduction; Claremont clearly had no interest in using her. I'd rather not go overboard with speculation, but I suppose part of it would be the perception at the time that Firestar was not an "organic" comics-based creation but something that "the cartoon people on the West Coast" came up with, and possibly leading to fan letters, particularly from younger kids, about "Where's Firestar?" that editorial and/or writers found annoying.

I could see Firestar being one of the first "young mutant" recruits for the team, with a red or orange 'X' on top of her uniform to parallel the original X-Factor costumes.

I could also see concerns about "another redhead" on the team as the reason to not include her. But heck-- for coloring purposes, they just had to color her hair "orange" (and in-story, suggest that she has reddish-blonde hair). It could have been done without much fuss. In terms of general looks, I've never felt that teen Angelica and Jean Gray looked alike, so artists shouldn't have been in much of a bind.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    bunchofxmen.jpg

I caught a glimpse of this, supposedly from a fan culture magazine of the 1980s, around 1986--

I started thinking: What if Firestar had been allowed to join X-Factor, shortly after it's debut? It would have been a way for Firestar to join up with "The X-Men" (O5) and team up with Iceman, in a nice parallel from the cartoon show continuity. That in particular could have led to a lot of fun.

As folks here know, Angelica was kind of shunned away after her initial comics introduction; Claremont clearly had no interest in using her. I'd rather not go overboard with speculation, but I suppose part of it would be the perception at the time that Firestar was not an "organic" comics-based creation but something that "the cartoon people on the West Coast" came up with, and possibly leading to fan letters, particularly from younger kids, about "Where's Firestar?" that editorial and/or writers found annoying.

I could see Firestar being one of the first "young mutant" recruits for the team, with a red or orange 'X' on top of her uniform to parallel the original X-Factor costumes.

I could also see concerns about "another redhead" on the team as the reason to not include her. But heck-- for coloring purposes, they just had to color her hair "orange" (and in-story, suggest that she has reddish-blonde hair). It could have been done without much fuss. In terms of general looks, I've never felt that teen Angelica and Jean Gray looked alike, so artists shouldn't have been in much of a bind.
    I suppose the writers couldn't figure out where to put her until Tom DeFalco, who previously wrote her miniseries, got the idea to have what has basically Marvel's answer to DC's Teen Titans, as the similar New Mutants where restricted to just having mutants, so along with the previously established Marvel Boy, Namorita, Nova and Speedball, it may have seemed like a no-brainer to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    bunchofxmen.jpg

It would have been interested to see her join X-Factor as one of the teen trainees but I think Rusty's existence would have prevented that from happening more than Jean. Firefist and Firestar. 2 redhead teenage pyrokinetics probably would have been a bit much.
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-11-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Firestar popped up in X-Force #2, just in a crowd shot.