Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default This girl is on fire: Firestar Appreciation 2019

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thank you so much, juan678. I have been waiting a long time for someone to come along and start a new appreciation thread for one of my favorite superheroes in the 616 Marvel Universe. I hope this year will be a good year for our favorite Angel.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-14-2019 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Made a correction.

Firestar! I hope she gets more panel time again. I've always wanted them to make her a real role model and mentor to younger heroes. It would be a great character progression from all the trauma she dealt with during her time with the Hellions and I also imagine she'd have kids looking up to her for being one of the first young heroes to officially join the Avengers.

BANNED

I don't like her working with X-teams

Extraordinary Member

I find it very strange that even though she was much more popular as an Avenger than Justice (something that got lampshaded in the comic itself, as they watch a news report saying she's popular and he's not), Vance got to be an important character in two more Avengers series, Avengers: the Initiative and Avengers Academy, and she sort of faded away.

Angelica had a lot of good moments in that run, even if her costume was kind of ridiculous. But she's never been anything less than a good character, and very versatile: she's been an Amazing Friend, a Hellion, a New Warrior, an Avenger, an X-Man and she's always easy to like and identify with. They really should use her more.

I love Firestar... never understood how she ended up working with Emma a little while ago or what her Secondary Mutation was supposed to be... I also almost feel like she would be at home in this Xman Mutopia.... but she isn't featured but was at the battle with Xman.

I also wonder about Justice... him being a mutant... where is he while all of this is going down in Uncanny? Same with Sabra? and Namorita?