Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I know she's been nothing but background lately, but how should she be handled? Should she stay with the X-Men or move onto something else?
    I think she should stay with her fellow mutants. The only other teams Marvel are interested in are the Avengers (she wouldn't fit in with its current roster), the Fantastic Four (goes without saying), the Champions (cancelled and she's too old to hang out with those kids) and Agent of Atlas (not Asian).

I've been saying she should have been on X-men: Marauders from the start. She has the friendship with Bobby and the tension with Emma. Plus I would like to see her get some more female friends. Her other girlfriends (Namorita and Mickey are in Limbo) and I didn't buy into the Diva storyline with Hellcat, Monica and Blackcat. To me, they just seemed to be thrown together because they were not being used.

And who else miss artists rendering her powers as light/energy based (microwaves) instead of flames? I'm tired of Marvel treating her and Magma as Human Torch subs. Angel is one of the most powerful energy-base mutants in the game. I would put her on top of the Summer brothers, , Dazzler (if she's not absorbing Blackbolt), Sunspot (energy blast only), Thunderbird 3, Jubilee and Boom Boom. I mean, sister can open Stargates on her own. Sunfire (with his upgrades in Uncanny Avengers) would give her a run for her money. BUt the only one more powerful would be Vulcan.
    I would put her on the Avengers. As you said does not fit in the current roster...but bring her in in the line-up when they move back to NYC.

She never fit in the X-men to be honest. Id be more interested in her being in New Mutants as she has some history with them and they are in her age range

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She never fit in the X-men to be honest. Id be more interested in her being in New Mutants as she has some history with them and they are in her age range
    Agreed. It would be nice to see further developments between Angel & Sam Guthrie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. It would be nice to see further developments between Angel & Sam Guthrie.
    Sam is married with a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Sam is married with a kid.
    Oops! Thanks for the info.

Meant no disrespect. Peace.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 09-16-2019 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Made a correction.

I would enjoy it if Angelica got to be on the Marauders and some interaction with Bobby, Kitty, and Emma.

Otherwise, she needs to get on a team someplace, Avengers, West Coast Avengers, New Mutants, etc.. She just needs to be someplace where she can be explored as a character again.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

New Mutants would be interesting, given her past with that team, both as a Hellion, and then later when they met up to tell Magma and Empath about the deaths of the Hellions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I think she should stay with her fellow mutants. The only other teams Marvel are interested in are the Avengers (she wouldn't fit in with its current roster), the Fantastic Four (goes without saying), the Champions (cancelled and she's too old to hang out with those kids) and Agent of Atlas (not Asian).
    The Champions aren't disbanding and look likely to be relaunching early next year, they have a story in the Incoming one-shot. She's definitely too old for the team though. While the Young Avengers and Champions are basically the same generation as each other (Cassie Lang is the same age as most of the Champs, and Amadeus about the same age as Wiccan and Hulkling), the original New Warriors are definitely older. They're like the senior Titans such as Nightwing over at DC, as opposed to the current Teen Titans and Young Justice teams.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Imagine if the Hellions returned and she was team leader.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Who owns the movie rights to Firestar? Marvel or Sony?
    I think the best Marvel Studios can do is to bring her on, promote her as a mutant, and hope that no one at Sony Pictures knows/remembers that she originated in an animated Spider-Man series

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Imagine if the Hellions returned and she was team leader.
    I would love that actually. It would be an interesting direction to take her and have her work with Emma and the Hellfire Club side of things. There is nothing wrong with it being a heroic version of the Hellions.

The sad part is that as a wonderful a character she is, the X-men is already flooded with redheads. Even the costume she wore in X-men was too Phoenix like with the opera gloves and thigh high boots.

I loved her in new warriors, and I loved her relationship with Vance. I agree she would have been great on the Mauraders or even leader of the Hellions.

What are the chances of an actual Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends comic series?

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    The sad part is that as a wonderful a character she is, the X-men is already flooded with redheads. Even the costume she wore in X-men was too Phoenix like with the opera gloves and thigh high boots.

I loved her in new warriors, and I loved her relationship with Vance. I agree she would have been great on the Mauraders or even leader of the Hellions.

What are the chances of an actual Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends comic series?
    Apart from a one shot adaptation of the episode "Triumph of the Green Goblin" and Spider-Man Family Featuring Amazing Friends #1, there was never any comic directly based on the series and it doesn't seem like there ever will be one since it's long over. That didn't stop Firestar, Iceman, and Spider-Man from meeting on later occasions though, such as in Web of Spider-Man #75 (1991).

Last edited by Electricmastro; 09-12-2019 at 04:24 PM.

I would love to see her with the New Mutants, but I don't know how she'd interact with them. As for the X-Men having too many red heads, that never stopped New Mutants from having four blondes on their team. Or when Captain America, Hank Pym, Thor and Hawkeye were on the Avengers together.
    Just give Jean the long wavy hair and give Rachel a stylized shorter hair cut with the darker color (think Julianne Moore). Give Rahne back her reddish-brown wolf fur cut, and let Angel's hair be bone-straight and have the more bronze color like Amy Adams. And when Theresa comes back, give her massive curls like Princess Merida, the same texture and color of a young Nicole Kidman . There, all different.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

From the Disney+ early access, at around 13:00, there is “Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends” with all three characters in the preview picture

So whoever fires up the Marvel section, does see Firestar