Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: X-Men #17

If Marvel doesn't care about this book why should we.

They poke a hole so fast in this so shortly after it took off. They knew we were waiting for a book like with a creative team behind it that would bring in all kinds of fans, but as soon as it had delived its promise, the powers that be took all they gave. First they swapped in artists that weren't consistent to quality of Olivier Coipel, let other writers snatch some of its cast, forced it into a horrible crossover event, most likely forced the hand of the writer to follow Bendis/Aaron/Remender's lead, then didn't fire Brian Wood after a certain scandal came to light, and are now having a fill-in writer come in until they figure out what to do with this once wonderful book. X-men had so many people rooting for it and supporting it but Marvel treat it like some unloved step child, left to fend for itself. I hope they are going to surprise us with something worth caring about.

My preference would be to either get Claremont to helm this sinking ship and make it float again. But I also wouldn't mind it turn into a teen X-men book, with older x-men as supporting characters or make it into an anthology book with stories not just limited to the X-universe. We just need something truly new and different with the book, or kill it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkholder View Post
    If Marvel doesn't care about this book why should we.

They poke a hole so fast in this so shortly after it took off. They knew we were waiting for a book like with a creative team behind it that would bring in all kinds of fans, but as soon as it had delived its promise, the powers that be took all they gave. First they swapped in artists that weren't consistent to quality of Olivier Coipel, let other writers snatch some of its cast, forced it into a horrible crossover event, most likely forced the hand of the writer to follow Bendis/Aaron/Remender's lead, then didn't fire Brian Wood after a certain scandal came to light, and are now having a fill-in writer come in until they figure out what to do with this once wonderful book. X-men had so many people rooting for it and supporting it but Marvel treat it like some unloved step child, left to fend for itself. I hope they are going to surprise us with something worth caring about.

My preference would be to either get Claremont to helm this sinking ship and make it float again. But I also wouldn't mind it turn into a teen X-men book, with older x-men as supporting characters or make it into an anthology book with stories not just limited to the X-universe. We just need something truly new and different with the book, or kill it already.
    I would love to just forget about this book after the way it was handled, but as a GenX fan, I know there's no where else for Jubes and Monet to go right now. If this books cancelled both awesome gals go back to oblivion.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

I really like this book. Really do. Specially because of Monet and Psylocke. BUT if it comes to an end, M and Jubs could easily fit into some other group.

M is X and Avengers material.. we have so many books, now. Jubs is also easy fitting.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    I really like this book. Really do. Specially because of Monet and Psylocke. BUT if it comes to an end, M and Jubs could easily fit into some other group.

M is X and Avengers material.. we have so many books, now. Jubs is also easy fitting.
    They could fit in anywhere, but I don't think any other writer would want to use them. Which is really sad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    They could fit in anywhere, but I don't think any other writer would want to use them. Which is really sad.
    Jubilee has been really useless during this series, but yeah X-Men stinks of editorial interference, which is a shame.

BANNED

I want Hollow/Penance to join the team.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I want Hollow/Penance to join the team.
    This a million times

Ultimate Member

I'd love Cece to have a prominent role in the X-Men.
    Cecelia's 'problem' is that she's got the same power as Skids, Unuscione and Armor (more or less weaponized force field exo-skeleton thingie). Of the four of them, I suspect that Armor is the only one who will be remembered twenty years from now.

Unlike telepath / telekinetics (some combination of related to Jean, related to clones of Jean and / or redheads), or the legion of substitute furry feral scrappers of Team Shnikt-Bub, which are a dime a dozen, it seems that the X-titles can only support one lady force-field mutant at a time.

That said, I like Cecelia Reyes (and Unuscione) about fiddy times better than Armor or Skids...

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

I wouldnt like Penance/Hollow back.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post

No way Jubilee OR Monet deserve any future appearances over Pixie. Or anyone else. Look, they had their shot. They failed.

This book was doomed the minute Megan Gwynn was not included, especially for the second wave of characters. The editorial had it out for her, and gave us a diluted product as a result. THANKS SO MUCH.

This book was an unmitigated disaster, and sorry, these characters are going to have to carry that weight.
    Last edited by Park Slope Pixie; 08-02-2014 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    No way Jubilee OR Monet deserve any future appearances over Pixie. Look, they had their shot. They failed.

This book was doomed the minute Megan Gwynn was not included, at least in the second wave. The editorial had it out for her, and gave us a diluted product as a result. THANKS SO MUCH.
    Why can't they share the spot light? Why is it so all other nothing with fans today? Are you so threatened by them? Personally I've enjoyed what I've seen of Pixie, I'd like so see more of her and the others.

I also like her interaction with Jubilee in the Wolverine and Jubilee series. It would be great if some writer could pick up on that.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 08-02-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Why can't they share the spot light? Why is it so all other nothing with fans today? Are you so threatened by them? Personally I've enjoyed what I've seen of Pixie, I'd like so see more of her and the others.
    There's only so many slots for appearance, and it's DOG EAT DOG, baby.

There's only so many slots for appearance, and it's DOG EAT DOG, baby.
    Sorry but then Pixie hasn't earned her stripes yet. She can go back to the juniors with the rest of the X-kiddies and come back when she's grown up.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 08-02-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Sorry but then Pixie hasn't earned her stripes yet. She can go back to the juniors and come back when she's grown up.
    She's actually an x-man. Full-fledged. Hard, on panel canon. Not from some ancillary group that had their heyday back when Ace of Base still ruled the charts.

She's actually an x-man. Not from some ancillary group that had their heyday back when Ace of Base still ruled the charts.
    You need to swot up on your X-history Jubes a full X-Man and M was in X-factor. Look you and I will never agree, we're from different era's of X-readers. The difference is I'm willing to compromise and give all the characters a fair share.

(Oh btw GenX was born out of the Grunge era. )