Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Giant-Size X-Statix #1 Preview

Doop a sex symbol, so true

X-Books saved two weeks early.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Mike Allred can do no wrong in my eyes. He's one of those artists who instantly elevate the story they're working on.

Looking forward to seeing "which" Milligan is writing, he unfortunately swings from mediocre to amazing depending on the project although on X-Statix he's always been superb in my opinion.

Sister? Not daughter? Good, I'm glad that theory was wrong, the timeline wouldn't have added up.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I can almost feel your happiness Hush, hopefully is as good as you remember .

As for me, Milligan's X-Force/X-Statix is still in the reading pile.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Doop a sex symbol, so true
    Damn right

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sister? Not daughter? Good, I'm glad that theory was wrong, the timeline wouldn't have added up.
    It's not a theory, Katie is U-Go-Girl's daughter as confirmed during X-Force #124, it's just that Edie never told her daughter the truth:

That's why she still believe that Eddie is her sister, Katie being Edie's daughter was also confirmed by Milligan when this one shot was announced:

"Suffice to say it’s enough to have Edie Sawyer not just turning into her grave but crawling out of her grave and warning her daughter, Katie."

"Of course, there can never be another U-Go Girl. But the young woman who could potentially take Edie Sawyer’s place as X-Statix’s teleporter is her daughter, Katie. When we first meet Katie she is a normal high school kid - normal, except that her mom was once in a superhero team. Normal except she wakes up in the middle of the night and finds herself in a graveyard, being spoken to by Dead Girl. Katie represents everyone who tried to escape from her past, only to see that past catching her up in the rearview mirror."

source: https://www.newsarama.com/44750-gian...d-culture.html

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I can almost feel your happiness Hush, hopefully is as good as you remember.

As for me, Milligan's X-Force/X-Statix is still in the reading pile.
    Ah so true, I can't wait for this one shot!!! You really should give the original serie a try, it's amazing!

Astonishing Member

X-Force/X-Statix is one of the best Xmen books ever, I wish it had never ended, or at least not all characters had died in the last issue.
    My faves were Dead Girl, Vivisector (the best gay mutant character, much better than Iceman for sure), the Anarchist and U Go Girl.
    I am getting this for sure.

BANNED

Love this, all the hype, best x-men book of the year coming through

My body is ready. Didn't realise this was so soon. It would probably gain more traction being released after HOX/POX, but maybe this is a primer for a relaunch.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

I'm taking a day off work for this.

Well, I've been looking forward to this since the comic was announced. I'm honestly more excited about X-Statix returning than I am for the Hickman X-Men to begin. Hope that we get a monthly series after this.

Anyone else read/enjoy this?

Gotta say, as good as the issue was, I'm even more excited for what we've apparently got coming next.

-Pav, who is intrigued by the team mission...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Anyone else read/enjoy this?

Gotta say, as good as the issue was, I'm even more excited for what we've apparently got coming next.

-Pav, who is intrigued by the team mission...
    I did and i can only use one weird to describe this, a word that predates my own birth. "groovy." This was just a very groovy book to me. I felt mad chill and in a sweet spot while reading it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Finished reading this.

Very enjoyable, reminded me of how fresh and different this was when it came out in 2001. Felt like a real shot in the arm and has me looking forward to seeing what Milligan and Allred have for next year. A step in the right direction, albeit a small, kooky, far-removed-from-the-main-thrust-of-things step.

Good dialogue, great art. Plot was a little formulaic, but as a set-up issue goes it ticked all my boxes.