Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Children of X: Offspring of the X-Men Present, Past, and Future

A place to discuss the kids of X-Couples, especially the youngest ones - Whether they be from an AU, possible future, cloning situation, or pure speculation.

A few examples:
    Xandra, bioengineered child of Xavier and Lillandra
    6616322-xandra.jpg

Maxime and Manon, mystery children from the future of unknown X-parentage:
    01749b64-ceee-49c1-97f8-c287ec3d2f4a.jpg

Who are your favorite children of X? What do you think about a young group or team of this second generation of X-Men, sort of like the GeNext book that Claremont tried to pull off?

Other examples: Ruby Summers, Nocturne, Olivier Raven and Rebecca LeBeau, Luna Maximoff, Wiccan, HoneyBadger ...

I would love to see Peter's Savage Land child do Something.

Oh and is Jean going to address the Hope Situation?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I wouldn't count on it. I'm frankly amazed they're using her at all in a significant capacity.

Mighty Member

I'm gonna leave this here.

BANNED

That would make Bishop look bad and show how Jean/Bishop makes no sense, so you can't have anything between Jean and Hope.

In fact Marvel is asking you to act like Hope doesn't exist and Bishop never did anything wrong.

It is pathetic.
    Last edited by 404ArgeTal; 03-16-2019 at 09:29 AM.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

My favorite is obviously Nightcrawler, the first one in editorial story as far as I know

Rachel Grey-Summers, Shatterstar Blaire, Maggie Braddock-Puceanu, Cannonball's baby (I know nothing about him/her)...

How many children has got Wolvie?

I would love to see Peter's Savage Land child do Something.
    Me too. He's been a terrible waste up to now.

I always forget about Nightcrawler. Aside from him, only Rachel Summers please.

Can’t wait for when they actually reveal that maxime and manon’s are rogue and remy’s kids.

Of course I love Rachel Grey-Summers. She has been my favourite character for years. I also love the connection to her brother Cable/Nathan a lot and I hope that they keep the two characters together long term now.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

So excluding clones, genetic manipulation & time travel... we’ve got Cannonball & Psylocke’s brother as the only out and out parents? I suppose Cyclops counts, he didn’t know he was banging his dead gf’s clone - he was trying to be a dad. (I’m also excluding the old as **** generation of Prof X, Magneto & Mystique - we get it, they have a bunch of adult children none of them bothered to parent).

Considering the X-Men have a cast of 7,351 teammates, that’s so low. Zero of the women are mothers (does Meghan count? She’s like X-Men agencent and not a mutant).

EDIT: How the hell did I forget about Jubilee?? Okay, scratch that, we do have a mother in the X-Men
    Last edited by PeachFlavoredXanax; 03-16-2019 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Because I’m a big dumb-dumb

Is it appropriate to also discuss the um, the X-Men model of parenting?

Is it ironic or problematic that the X-Men so often rescue mutant children from damaging/dangerous home situations and do not or have not shown themselves to be capable of providing home situations that are 'safe' or 'stable'...I know that the bonds between teammates are often spoken of as familial, that teammates bond as a chosen family...yet, hmmm...see, when I see Wolverine or Scott or Jean and I think 'parent' and I see their children...if I think about the phrase 'my x-men' and I think about...oh I don't know...

There has never been a successful domestic serial X-Book. The New Mutants and New X-Men titles are essentially horror stories.

Professor X...oh, man...and then those Schisms right in front of the kids and then leaving them to choose...weaponized and fused into tribal bands by way of collective trauma. Wolvie as headmaster!? After what? Professor X...Emma...and Emma is the enemy? What? Why not Arcade's Academy, seriously, why not? If you survive the experience? What's that? A motto?

I don't know.

Are the X-Men an evolution of the nuclear expression of family? To manifest a more adaptive, responsive and resilient concept of home and family that realizes the potential for each member of the 'family' to offer and become any reciprocal individual member of the traditional familial roles when necessary?

Are the X-Men a fluid and progressive and redeeming expression of family or...damaged and damaging and idealized trauma, all rift, adrift and holding together as a raft...as it is to be alone in this world...or is it?

Shout shout blah blah and ANOTHER THING...opps

Hey Honey Badger...hey kid...oh...

oh, forget it. I just know I've never met a child with a healing factor. But I do believe in healing.
    Last edited by sungila; 03-16-2019 at 11:40 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by 404ArgeTal View Post
    That would make Bishop look bad and show how Jean/Bishop makes no sense, so you can't have anything between Jean and Hope.

In fact Marvel is asking you to act like Hope doesn't exist and Bishop never did anything wrong.

It is pathetic.
    Almost every incident where Bishop is even tangentially close to touching the topic of Hope and/or Cable, they bring it up. There’s was even a cover dedicated to that time period.

I do think they’ll sweep the whole “killing entire futures because he thinks they’ll eventually reset if he kills Hope” under the rug. Which they should since Bishop should know that isn’t how time travel works.

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    The New Mutants and New X-Men titles are essentially horror stories.
    They sure are. They sure are.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I love Cable and Rachel and i would like to see Jean and Scott interacting with Hope too.

On Ororo's side sadly Marvel hasn't done much with Kymera.