Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    are the creepy French twins confirmed to be X-Related
    Yep, they were in Extermination and are in AOXM Genext now

[edit] Ah, you meant X-related, doh

Their parents were apparently students at the school, so yes, but they could be random wallpaper characters for all we know
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 03-17-2019 at 10:40 AM.

The twins shouldn't be any character's kids because of scale.

Best X-kid is objectively Gekyume.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Ahab does explicitly say "my children" in reference to them in story, but yes, that doesn't discount adoption.
    Otherwise Ahab is going to become a mutant and join the X-Men [/shrug]. Which do you think is more likely?

Gambit and Rogue as parents were suggested as soon as they appeared by people, yet Brisson did say at the time that no one had guessed their parentage correctly.
    I don’t recall even seeing that (and there are some obsessive peeps on this board that find EVERYTHING ) Can you link please?

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Otherwise Ahab is going to become a mutant and join the X-Men [/shrug]. Which do you think is more likely?

I don’t recall even seeing that (and there are some obsessive peeps on this board that find EVERYTHING ) Can you link please?
    You need to do some reading up on Ahab, this Ahab is from the DOFP universe/timeline, there is/was a 616 Ahab on Muir island, I'm not that interested in him so I haven't read the stories but I have read bios on wiki, wikia and CV years ago.

I'll have a quick look but I haven't got the time or inclination to give it much attention, I'll try and find it for a bit.

I don't know how long you've been reading comics, but taking every idea and plot writers throw out there as gospel is going to get mighty confusing for you

Ahab does explicitly say "my children" in reference to them in story, but yes, that doesn't discount adoption.

M as the mother is a possibility, they could be just a rehash of M and Marius by Brisson.

Gambit and Rogue as parents were suggested as soon as they appeared by people, yet Brisson did say at the time that no one had guessed their parentage correctly.

Rogues marriage has seemed to have already culled a lot of her fans, denying her remaining fans of a emotive, poignant pregnancy arc and a new born for her to hold (mutant familial immunity should apply between mother and child) is downright cruel! Hold ya horses peeps, in wanting her to have a nuclear family, give it time
    I actually DO want all those things for Rogue and Gambit, but not yet. I would love to see Rogue as a mother, with a actual pregnancy and see that emotional, healing arc for her character of having what she never believed she could. But they have time and there is a lot to still sort out. I think a lot of the impatience and need to rush it stems from a fear that Marvel will break them up before they get there.

But I don't see that as ruling out the twins as their kids down the line. What we do know is that the twins parents were X-Men and they will be born sometime in the future and that Ahab will acquire them at some point. It's actually all very doable with a little creativity, though I think Brisson might have just been trolling.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 03-17-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I actually DO want all those things for Rogue and Gambit, but not yet. I would love to see Rogue as a mother, with a actual pregnancy and see that emotional, healing arc for her character of having what she never believed she could. But they have time and there is a lot to still sort out. I think a lot of the impatience and meed to rush it stems from a fear that Marvel will break them up before they get there.

But I don't see that as ruling out the twins as their kids down the line. What we do know is that the twins parents were X-Men and they will be born sometime in the future and that Ahab will acquire them at some point. It's actually all very doable with a little creativity, though I think Brisson might have just been trolling.
    Coolies, we're on the same page

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

You need to do some reading up on Ahab, this Ahab is from the DOFP universe/timeline, there is/was a 616 Ahab on Muir island, I'm not that interested in him so I haven't read the stories but I have read bios on wiki, wikia and CV years ago.
    And I don’t reeeeally care about that character either but he ain’t a mutant nor a student of Xaier’s in any universe that I’m aware of.

I don't know how long you've been reading comics, but taking every idea and plot writers throw out there as gospel is going to get mighty confusing for you
    Thanks for mansplaining to this poor confused girl, thinking is so hard hahahahahahaha!!!

And I’ve been reading since 1997, but hey, what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Shogo's purpose generally isn't to be a character in his own right but as a way of showing Jubilee's growth in a way that's thematically consistent for the character, considering how Jubilee's one of the handful of characters that changes "found family" from just a background vibe into an out-and-out theme.

Are we including alternate reality children? Because I always liked how un-weirded out Nightcrawler was about Nocturne. He was just like "Oh, go ahead and call me Dad".
    I find the Nightcrawler and Nocturne relationship fascinating.

At some point I would think Shogo will potentially become a character in his own right, didn't the Wood run hint at as much? I believe he was on a future X-team.

My favorite X-children are the Stepford Cuckoo Sisters, Laura Kinney

&

Magik: Darkchylde
    Born/borne/borne away/reborn all seasons and creation.
    Illyana is mortal.
    There's this devastating scene in her first solo book where she goes to her parents home only to be turned away, disowned, unknown and exiled...so she goes...she disowns, she turns away...and keeps turning.

At least twice Illayana has re-manifested herself from underworld hibernation, dark transformation...or death by another name.
    She's been re-born from herselves...once from a splattered acorn, once from a husk of an armor plated darkchylde, once through the second time Belasco thought he'd force and form her as a jewel for him to bling ...yea, it's complicated...and potentially an entirely personal rendering of cannon...but, as an offspring...as past, present, future...as birth...as inheritance, continuance...to me, Illyana is to be born-self-borne...she's the dying child and child of creation.
    Vessel of one's own transport, salvage...in the well of ones own wishes...who is the currency...the light of one's own tunnel...one's own means and end...if she is winter then she is four seasons...just to get there or go from there...to be here, it takes summer, fall, winter and it's almost spring again.
    Last edited by sungila; 03-17-2019 at 12:26 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    And I don’t reeeeally care about that character either but he ain’t a mutant nor a student of Xaier’s in any universe that I’m aware of.

Thanks for mansplaining to this poor confused girl, thinking is so hard hahahahahahaha!!!

And I’ve been reading since 1997, but hey, what do I know?
    Don't even go there with that **** with me. When ladies use "mansplaining" it shows a real lack of wisdom, you got issues, I've got em too, but i wouldn't belittle someones contribution to a discussion because of their sex.

1997, So what were you doing taking a minor plot point so seriously

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think Marvel want Rogue pregnant, that would age her character.

the closest thing would be someone from other universe or timeline or a clone. That how babies are made on Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think Marvel want Rogue pregnant, that would age her character.

the closest thing would be someone from other universe or timeline or a clone. That how babies are made on Marvel
    Jordan D White has already said he's opposed to the characters having children, so yeah, it's not happening anytime soon

Personally I don't get the fear of maturing the characters as lets face it, from Xavier to .....hmm .....maybe Jubilee and Kitty, taking age and chronology into account, all the characters in-between are Veteran characters and so have 'age'

Pregnancy has massive story beat potential, especially for characters like Rogue, Storm, Magik (off the top of my head) and fatherhood for Gambit, Nightcrawler, Beast and even Angel would/could be emotive, given their own fathering/pasts/circumstances.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Did those horrible kids of Mystique get erased from continuity yet? I mean the sons she had with Xavier and Wolverine. Charles Jr and Raze were some of the all time low points in x-history.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Did those horrible kids of Mystique get erased from continuity yet? I mean the sons she had with Xavier and Wolverine. Charles Jr and Raze were some of the all time low points in x-history.
    Last time Magneto killed them but they are time travelers. I doubt their deaths will stick

Don't even go there with that **** with me. When ladies use "mansplaining" it shows a real lack of wisdom, you got issues, I've got em too, but i wouldn't belittle someones contribution to a discussion because of their sex.

1997, So what were you doing taking a minor plot point so seriously
    Mansplaining is a real thing, even if Xanax didn't use the term correctly there. It definitely is something for people to work on.