Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Jim Zub and Todd Nauck want to do Excalibur

At Emerald City Comic Con, Todd Nauck was asked what X-Men related project he'd like to work on. His answer was Excalibur, and he's already talked to Jim Zub about it. "We're both Excalibur fans and would love to do an Excalibur book". X-Men editor Jordan D White wants to do it too.

Could we be seeing Excalibur return after Age of X-Man?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jiminy's already revived 80's New Mutants, and now he wants another one?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

JDW said in the last x-men monday that he would love to have it with the original team but can't see how a new Excalibur book could fit the current timeline. And that he wouldn't do it for nostalgia only. So I assumed this means a no

Excalibur is such a particular property. I’d want to know more about what they think Excalibur is, and who they would put on the roster.

There’ve been Excaliburs that’ve been nothing like the others. Like Liefeld’s original, Allred/Milgrom’s All new all different, and Wolverine’s kill squad, “doing an X-Force book” could mean a million things.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I dont know. The last few ruďnes they troef it was not that great. Only liked the Genosha Excalibur, but most membres are deed or depowered. Hub was my favorite.

But with the right creatieve team and a good cast, who knows, it might work
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I'd love it. They'd be a solid creative team for that.
    I don't necessarily think they'd need all the original members together. Even if they reunited, the characters wouldn't be playing the same roles, so the dynamics would have to change no matter what.
    I'd want Excalibur back if they could recapture the original zany and fun vibe from Davis and Claremont's run. That's what makes Excalibur so special to me. Those early runs are unlike any other X-book.

Have the team return to fight weird omniversal threats trying to invade Earth through the UK (I'd say the barriers between dimensions were weaker there due to the Corps's shenanigans).

My preferred team would be something like Brian, Meggan, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Banshee, Colossus, Faiza and maybe Pixie. Wisdom and the MI13 would guest-star and former members like Widget, Kylun and Cerise would also return in time.
    The original setup would mimic the team's introduction. Brian, Meggan, Black Knight, Wisdom and the MI13 would be thought to be dead in an attempt to stop an invasion from that Nazi universe.
    Faiza would be the only one left, so she'd recruit Betsy, Nightcrawler, Banshee and Colossus to help save Earth and honor the legacy of her former team.
    Everyone would be reunited after the first arc and the four X-men would decide to stay so they could start anew without all the emotional baggage from recent X-stories (Peter and Kitty's wedding, all the crap regarding Betsy and Archangel, Banshee's resurrection as a zombie etc).

I can't believe they missed their window for Excalibur with Spider UK.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

There are very few properties Jim Zub wouldn't do. The guy likes having work outside of being a college Professor. Give him Typeface.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Sure, why not

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    JDW said in the last x-men monday that he would love to have it with the original team but can't see how a new Excalibur book could fit the current timeline. And that he wouldn't do it for nostalgia only. So I assumed this means a no
    If he wasn't doing it for nostalgia only, then why limit it to the original team?

The original roster is a tad too pasty to just bring back unchanged, tbh.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I say go for it. Curious to see who makes the roster.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Have Jessica Drew return to UK and join.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    There are very few properties Jim Zub wouldn't do. The guy likes having work outside of being a college Professor. Give him Typeface.
    I know for a fact he's also interested in doing Alpha Flight, and he'd definitely take Conan if offered.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I say let them have at it.