Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I like both Zub and Nauck but it's hard to get excited about a possible revival when they have just relaunched X-Force, which is historically the most successful X-Men team spin-off, and it hasn't exactly set the charts on fire. I think self-contained minis are the way to go going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I like both Zub and Nauck but it's hard to get excited about a possible revival when they have just relaunched X-Force, which is historically the most successful X-Men team spin-off, and it hasn't exactly set the charts on fire. I think self-contained minis are the way to go going forward.
    X-Force isn't firing because no one likes Wi-Fi. Having him lead the team after killing his older self for literally no reason hurt a lot of fans.

I think it'd be best to not be an X-Book tbh. Lend Pixie and/or Betsy but keep it mostly MU characters. I think Elsa and Faiza are due to headline it. Give it the same spirit (something several previous incarnations didn't have) but I would avoid using any semblance of the classic roster.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    they have just relaunched X-Force, which is historically the most successful X-Men team spin-off, and it hasn't exactly set the charts on fire. I think self-contained minis are the way to go going forward.
    X-Force isn't succeeding for a laundry list of reasons but self-contained minis are good ideas because they're (potentially) easier for new interested people to pick up like in bookstores or on Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I think it'd be best to not be an X-Book tbh. Lend Pixie and/or Betsy but keep it mostly MU characters. I think Elsa and Faiza are due to headline it. Give it the same spirit (something several previous incarnations didn't have) but I would avoid using any semblance of the classic roster.
    I expect it will flop spectacularly without the classic roster, just like the follow up iterations did.

Todd is a God.

I don't see why they can't do Excalibur.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I'd be interested in seeing the concept behind a new Excalibur. The strange and weird about this book, coupled with humor, is what made it a hit for me. You have known X-men characters interacting with lesser known (in the US) British characters making a family unit team dealing with magical and strange threats. And it worked.

I think you could get Nightcrawler to go over there again for something like this. It was great for his character, but it could go either way. he's been shining since Red, and I think the interactions with him, Kylun, and Meggan really work to pulling the three of them plus Brian back together.

You could likely pull Kitty back over too. Honestly her character has suffered since returning from space with the Guardians. It would do her (and the readers) some good to have her removed from the X-Men again.

Meggan and Brian are easy to bring back, plus with their daughter there is a new dynamic to their relationship and how they handle threats.

I don't think they would bring Rachel back. I think over past couple years the damage done to her character of all the X-Men has been the most severe and it's unclear what is in store for her in X-Force. I think it might do her some good to get away from the X-Men given how she was abandoned by them, but Kitty and Kurt are two of the most egregious abandoners to her. And she can't stay in the X-Men as Jean is there, and regardless of what anyone might say if Jean is in the X-Men Rachel is superfluous and sent packing. Especially with Betsy also having prominence as the other TP. Rachel works only if Kurt and Kitty aren't there IMO.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

As long as it doesn't turn out like the last Exiles volume; I'm good.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing the concept behind a new Excalibur. The strange and weird about this book, coupled with humor, is what made it a hit for me. You have known X-men characters interacting with lesser known (in the US) British characters making a family unit team dealing with magical and strange threats. And it worked.

I think you could get Nightcrawler to go over there again for something like this. It was great for his character, but it could go either way. he's been shining since Red, and I think the interactions with him, Kylun, and Meggan really work to pulling the three of them plus Brian back together.

You could likely pull Kitty back over too. Honestly her character has suffered since returning from space with the Guardians. It would do her (and the readers) some good to have her removed from the X-Men again.

Meggan and Brian are easy to bring back, plus with their daughter there is a new dynamic to their relationship and how they handle threats.

I don't think they would bring Rachel back. I think over past couple years the damage done to her character of all the X-Men has been the most severe and it's unclear what is in store for her in X-Force. I think it might do her some good to get away from the X-Men given how she was abandoned by them, but Kitty and Kurt are two of the most egregious abandoners to her. And she can't stay in the X-Men as Jean is there, and regardless of what anyone might say if Jean is in the X-Men Rachel is superfluous and sent packing. Especially with Betsy also having prominence as the other TP. Rachel works only if Kurt and Kitty aren't there IMO.
    Hey of course Kitty can be put here. It'd be like "Going back to basics".
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    X-Force isn't firing because no one likes Wi-Fi. Having him lead the team after killing his older self for literally no reason hurt a lot of fans.
    what does this all mean?
    What does no one likes WiFi mean?

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    what does this all mean?
    What does no one likes WiFi mean?
    More like for some here on the webs, Wi-fi is an unnecessary addition much like the Bendis 05 and getting with of OG Cable did not garner him much praise.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

The O5 had a very clear purpose. They need to show soon why these stories couldn't be told with normal Cable.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The O5 had a very clear purpose. They need to show soon why these stories couldn't be told with normal Cable.

But...then you shouldn't tell that kinda story...right?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post

But...then you shouldn't tell that kinda story...right?
    w0t u mean

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate