Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default ELECTRIC WARRIORS Mini-Series by STEVE ORLANDO & TRAVEL FOREMAN in November

Explore “AGGRESSIVE DIPLOMACY” in ELECTRIC WARRIORS Mini-Series this November

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/0...ctric-warriors

Seems like the type of out there, continuity-loose, series I love.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

A cosmic story not resting on the GL Corps and the LoS ? Color me interested !

How much will it have in common with the old Doug Moench/Jim Baikie series?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    How much will it have in common with the old Doug Moench/Jim Baikie series?

tencharsormore
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Mighty Member

I never heard of Electric Warriors. But it's Orlando, so it's an instant buy.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

I'm sorry because I'm a fan of Foreman's artwork, but with Orlando at writing duties I can't wait to ignore this series as it comes out.

So it'll be a six-issues mini. I'll buy all of them, and probably the trade, just because of the art. And Orlando is a big plus in my book !

A little bump because peoples more competent than me when it comes to the Futures of the DCU are hinting that Electric Warrior may serve has a relaunch pad for the Legion of Superheroes : https://www.cbr.com/electric-warrior...reat-disaster/

Kamandi and The Legion Of Superheroes?
    Written by Steve Orlando?
    Art by Travel Foreman?

I'm all in!

One of the Electric Warriors will be a Vrang, a species introduced during the very first appearance of Supergil ! That man is insane... Seriously, how does Orlando even manages to find such informations ?

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    One of the Electric Warriors will be a Vrang, a species introduced during the very first appearance of Supergil ! That man is insane... Seriously, how does Orlando even manages to find such informations ?
    I didn't even have this on my radar until I heard it was (maybe?) going to be dealing with the Great Disaster.

That's a era in DC history that, to my knowledge, no one has ever really gotten into. It was always just the "buffer" between the present and the Legion's time that allowed the 31st century to have a little more continuity wiggle room. Bad crap happened. Beyond that, I'm not even sure what the Great Disaster was.

But now? Now I'm curious. Orlando is hit or miss for me, but I'll be keeping an eye on the previews and interviews (or trying to anyway) and we'll see how it looks.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'm not sure the Great Disaster will be developed proper, because the mini-series is just six issues long and meant to show us an era we don't really know, between Kamandi and the Legion's ones.

But I must say that the art itself is a selling point. I'm a sucker for this kind of aesthetic, merging the primal markings with advanced technology.

A drawing of one of the combattants, I guess :

An interview of Steve Orlando with some art, and some pretty big reveals on the plot of the story.