Default Question about Superman #8 & 9 (spoilers obviously)

Ok so in issue 8, Superman hears Jon's story about being with Jor-el for the first time and is pissed. He flys off wanting to hit something. He holds back his anger until he sees Mongul trying to break into the Fortress (current Fortress? Old Fortress?). So he punches Mongul and thats it? The fact that Mongul was on Earth is just done with? No biggie? Back to Jon's story??

Issue 9 starts with Superman having some sort of vision of about everyone from his life gathering to celebrate, then something arrives that starts killing everyone. Then poof, he breaks out of his vision and he's back to being in the fortress with Jon and Lois. Is this the first time he's had visions like this in the current run on the series? Just wanted to make sure I wasn't forgetting something that happened in issues 1-8 that also showed this.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    The fact that Mongul was on Earth is just done with? No biggie? Back to Jon's story??
    Pretty much, yeah. Mongul coming to Earth these days isn't really much of an event. Hell, even Mongul's most famous story ever, For The Man Who Has Everything, is over and done with in what must be roughly 15 to 20 minutes real time, and it's literally just Superman punching him once he wakes up, chucking him in a black hole, and going back to normal life. Mongul's plan there was just to get Superman out of the way and then physically beat everyone else up.

A nice little Easter egg to the fight in issue 8 is that Superman and Mongul apparent fight cross country and end up in Naomi's town in issue 1, and spark her story.

Is this the first time he's had visions like this in the current run on the series? Just wanted to make sure I wasn't forgetting something that happened in issues 1-8 that also showed this.
    Zod had a similar vision in issue 5 of Superman. It even ends with "the Legion" attacking, and his wife and son being struck by lightning same as here, but his also includes Zaar. It's worth noting that both of their visions end when the houses of El and Zod are speaking of coming together. Other than that, the primary guess is that these visions are coming from a third party, and being implanted into Superman and Zod.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Yeah unfortunately Mongul only shows up to job, which is pretty much the case for the rest of Superman’s rogues not named Lex as well. Mongul in particular hasn’t been an actual threat in decades unfortunately.