Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I think Carol has less of a chance at a permanent roster than Strange. But both of them would seem to be locks. You don't sign up for a leading Marvel character, especially an Earth-based one, without understanding you're going to do Avengers movies.
    Why? Carol is long time staple of the Avengers roster, in every medium.

I think Carol has less of a chance at a permanent roster than Strange. But both of them would seem to be locks. You don't sign up for a leading Marvel character, especially an Earth-based one, without understanding you're going to do Avengers movies.
    I wonder if Infinity War is seeing the shift from Avengers movies being less team based and more "Marvel event-based," where it's less about an actual team and more about a band of heroes coming together to face off against a certain threat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Sony bought the rights to Spider Women too? From my understanding they dont own Jessica Drew because she has nothing to do with Spiderman. Or are we talking about a different later spider Woman?
    I think they have the rights to the Spider-Woman name, so Marvel could use the Jessica Drew name, just not anything associated with her Spider-Woman identity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Why? Carol is long time staple of the Avengers roster, in every medium.
    Just a personal feeling that her power set makes her less suited for a team of largely Earth-based heroes. Seems like it would be a bit like Superman making his entrance in Justice League. When that happened, the villain had no chance and the other heroes had no purpose.

Spectacular Member

Just a personal feeling that her power set makes her less suited for a team of largely Earth-based heroes. Seems like it would be a bit like Superman making his entrance in Justice League. When that happened, the villain had no chance and the other heroes had no purpose.
    Captain Marvel is a lock. Without Thor, Hulk and Iron Man they need a flying brick to punch and blast people. Panther is obviously CA replacement. Before Hulk leaves the MCU though I need to see a Hulk vs Thing battle take place in the FF movie. It's one of the last things I want to see along with the Galactus/Silver Surfer done right.

Spider-man will remain so long as the agreement with SONY is in place. He is just too popular a character not to be part of the new team. Also the Spider-man stand alone movies are SONY products not Disney it would make no sense for him not to be in the Avenger movies otherwise he would not appear in any Disney films at all. If the Shang Chi film comes out before the next Avenger movie he will also be a lock. That's at least 4 definite. Without Evans and Downey as Cap and IM their supporting cast Falcon, Winter Soldier and War Machine will probably be out.

So Kevin Feige has already said Captian Marvel will lead the Cinematic Universe so she is pretty much a lock for Avengers, In fact, there is a pretty strong chance she will be a team leader. Black Panther is pretty much the other lock for the team. The rest of the crew like Widow, Hawkeye, Dr. Stange, Antman, Wasp, War Machine, Falcon, Bucky, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Thor, Spiderman and Hulk all have varying odds of being back. It is all a guessing game other than big stars everyone can be convinced back probably with the right offer.

Now more part fun is the more non-convential picks like Quicksilver, Okoye, Valkyrie, Mantis, and Shuri I think are options. And people who haven't shown up in the MCU Eros, Sersi, Spectrum, Shang Chi, Nova, Spider-Woman, She-Hulk, Blade, Black Knight, and Ghost Rider are possibilities. Also a young avengers/champions line up will also probably be a thing so we should be seeing people like Amadeus Cho and Ms Marvel.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-17-2019 at 02:12 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mburns View Post
    Captain Marvel is a lock. Without Thor, Hulk and Iron Man they need a flying brick to punch and blast people.
    I do think she will show up but not be a regular member. Her priorities seem to be beyond the solar system. I just don't see her rushing back to earth every month to approve the last meeting minutes. She'll come when she's needed. Or at least that's what in hoping. Like the Guardians are there when the story calls for it.

I do think she will show up but not be a regular member. Her priorities seem to be beyond the solar system. I just don't see her rushing back to earth every month to approve the last meeting minutes. She'll come when she's needed. Or at least that's what in hoping. Like the Guardians are there when the story calls for it.
    You've basically described MCU Thor. Thor usually had business in Asgard and was gone for the entirety of Civil War. Captain Marvel can fill the role he used to.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Infinity War is seeing the shift from Avengers movies being less team based and more "Marvel event-based," where it's less about an actual team and more about a band of heroes coming together to face off against a certain threat.

I think they have the rights to the Spider-Woman name, so Marvel could use the Jessica Drew name, just not anything associated with her Spider-Woman identity.
    Well that's dumb I'm guessing because Sony didnt want someone else making a spider women movie and people conflating it with they're spiderman movies. Cause yea the character had zero to do with spiderman. I dont even know if they knew each other in the comics prior to New Avengers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    You've basically described MCU Thor. Thor usually had business in Asgard and was gone for the entirety of Civil War. Captain Marvel can fill the role he used to.
    Thor strikes me as having a more direct route back to earth than Marvel. And Thor doesn't strike me as anywhere near Marvel's power set, Infinity War and sun-starting notwithstanding.

I say take a break from Thor, Cap, & Iron Man and simply reintroduce them with new actors. James Bond changes actors so I think these characters should too. If they replace them “in story” then they’ll have to constantly replace them as actors leave. That’s my thoughts anyway. Take a break from the Avengers and then bring them back with new actors.

Thor strikes me as having a more direct route back to earth than Marvel. And Thor doesn't strike me as anywhere near Marvel's power set, Infinity War and sun-starting notwithstanding.
    While Thor has an easier way back to Earth, it's not like Captain Marvel was hampered. She managed to get back to Earth in a couple days despite being who knows how far away. Spot her a quality ship and it wouldn't be any issue at all.

In terms of power, lets wait and see. I think she'll catch a slight nerf, but that's just speculation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    While Thor has an easier way back to Earth, it's not like Captain Marvel was hampered. She managed to get back to Earth in a couple days despite being who knows how far away. Spot her a quality ship and it wouldn't be any issue at all.

In terms of power, lets wait and see. I think she'll catch a slight nerf, but that's just speculation.
    I might be misinterpreting something, but it seemed to me it took her a year or two to get to earth after fury sent the emergency message.

I might be misinterpreting something, but it seemed to me it took her a year or two to get to earth after fury sent the emergency message.
    They were still counting the missing in the scene she appeared in, so a year seems a bit much. I believe they said the exact time but I can't recall it.

Did BLACK widow still have short Blone hair in that scene? That's the real giveaway

She does have spoilers:
    A ship equipped with a light speed engine
    end of spoilers