Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Both Ant Man and Wasp should be on the team. They were original Avengers, man! Yes I know it was the Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne versions, but still.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    At this point I find it hard to believe you get to play a title Marvel hero without signing at least a six movie deal. That would mean at least 4 more films for him since Infinity War and Endgame count as one movie for contractual purposes.
    What does Thor: Ragnarok count as?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    What does Thor: Ragnarok count as?
    One movie...

BANNED

One movie...
    So 6 minus Doctor Strange, Thor, and Infinity War/Endgame = 3 movies left...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    So 6 minus Doctor Strange, Thor, and Infinity War/Endgame = 3 movies left...
    Oh yeah. I forgot he was in that dumpster fire. Would be interesting to know if cameos count in the contract. Not something I've heard before.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Oh yeah. I forgot he was in that dumpster fire. Would be interesting to know if cameos count in the contract. Not something I've heard before.
    I don’t think cameos count, I remember something like coming up with Evans since he frequently camped in other movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I don’t think cameos count, I remember something like coming up with Evans since he frequently camped in other movies.
    They should count that is how Spiderman is on his last film for Marvel with nearly his last film with far from Home. Spiderman has been in Civil War, Homecoming,Infinity War, Endgame, Far Home unless Spiderman deal is constructed differently. It would be interesting to know if it is films or appearances in the contract. It could be 3 feature films and 3 appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They should count that is how Spiderman is on his last film for Marvel with nearly his last film with far from Home. Spiderman has been in Civil War, Homecoming,Infinity War, Endgame, Far Home unless Spiderman deal is constructed differently. It would be interesting to know if it is films or appearances in the contract. It could be 3 feature films and 3 appearances.
    I think that's exactly how Holland/Sony's deal is structured, so for now Far From Home and one last solo film would be the end of the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that's exactly how Holland/Sony's deal is structured, so for now Far From Home and one last solo film would be the end of the contract.
    I thought Far from Home was the end of the deal. But in all honestly doesnt matter. Makes sense for both sides to renew and extend it.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 03-27-2019 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Spider-man’s appearance in Civil War wasn’t a cameo though.

Sony had a plan for 4 solo movies, I thought? A movie for each year in high school? And then he gets shared the same amount?

EDIT: I did some sleuthing and it was a 5 picture deal in total. 4 co-staring and 4 solo was the OG plan but it was shortened by Sony to 5 total. Now Sony wants to extend the deal. The only confirmed appearences by Sony/Marvel are Civil War, Homecoming, Infinity War, & Far From Home. Endgame is not confirmed at this time. But he's in the new posters ... so probably.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-27-2019 at 10:27 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    -Captain Marvel.
    -Dr. Strange.
    -Black Panther.
    -Spider-Man.
    -Winter Soldier.
    -Vision.
    -Scarlet Witch.
    Something like that but probably replacing Spider with Scott Lang. I don't see them pushing Spiderman's membership when he could be a franchise on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Something like that but probably replacing Spider with Scott Lang. I don't see them pushing Spiderman's membership when he could be a franchise on his own.
    Black Panther,Strange, and Captain marvel are franchises all on they're own too. 2 of them made more money then spidey by alot. But I dont think that matters, think the fact that Sony could decide to not renew the deal and take Spiserman away at some point is more of a deterrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Black Panther,Strange, and Captain marvel are franchises all on they're own too. 2 of them made more money then spidey by alot. But I dont think that matters, think the fact that Sony could decide to not renew the deal and take Spiserman away at some point is more of a deterrent.
    Yeah, Spidey's future on the Avengers mostly depends on if Sony decided to renew the deal with MS or not.

Should they decide to, however, I imagine he's all but guaranteed to appear in the next version of the Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The difference is that Spider-man is actually competing with those other movies for box office, depending on release dates. Sony will have to consider Spider-man's release schedule relative to Disney's Marvel release schedule as well, and perhaps choose less optimal release dates. Depending on how negotiations progress, that could also be a factor either way on whether Sony goes forward with the MCU or not.

Personally, I think if Spider-man and Sony's spider-verse proves it can succeed without the MCU (as I think is already being shown) I don't see Sony's motivation to keep working with Disney being stronger than keeping their distance.