View Poll Results: Will Captain Marvel make $1 Billion at the global box office?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

62 71.26%
  • No

7 8.05%
  • Maybe

14 16.09%
  • Is that a lot?

1 1.15%
  • $2 billion just you watch

3 3.45%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    How long do you guys think the controversy/hate train against Captain Marvel will last??? Will have goes through this all over again when CMII his theaters?
    I think for most people its not a big deal. For me personally its really annoying, because outside of sports videos I search for a ton of marvel/superhero/geek/videogame videos on youtube. For some reason youtube keeps recommending me hate videos on Captain Marvel. I've seen no more than 30 individual take the time to complain but I haven't actively searched for it.

For those jsut criticising the film on equal footing with every other film than fine. If you have cinematic critiques fine, thats everyone's opinion. But if you're attacking this film because of press conferences videos or Brie Larson's personality or that the movie has a female lead I don't want to hear it. Half the videos complaining about her are misquoting/taking her statements out of context when she was discussing A Wrinke In Time and applying it to other things. Some people have even taken recent press junkets to insinuate she's some kind of terrible or annoying person. All the press junkets have been in good fun like they always are the cast jokes and throws around some sarcasm. I'm very tempted to delete my youtube cookies in the hopes I stop getting these recomendations. People have gone so far to push claims of empty theaters and otehr absurd things which I refuse ot belive without actual evidence. Still I think this is a very small contingent. I'm sure there are a number of people who thought the film was mediocre or might not have cared for it but they don't go out of their way to find ways too belittle the film they just go on about their day.

anyway i digress. I imagine people will keep finding things to complain about until people stop giving them attention and views
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Wow I for some reason thought WW made 500 million domestically but yeah even if Disney just left CM in a few theaters nationwide it will within a month or so easily over take WW.
    Wonder Woman

Domestic: $412,563,408 50.2%
    + Foreign: $409,283,604 49.8%
    = Worldwide: $821,847,012

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...onderwoman.htm
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    How long do you guys think the controversy/hate train against Captain Marvel will last??? Will have goes through this all over again when CMII his theaters?
    Some people are still doing it. They've turned to claiming that the Avengers cast members supposedly don't like Larson. And even reviewing her indie movie for Netflix in order to have something to complain about.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    For some reason youtube keeps recommending me hate videos on Captain Marvel. I've seen no more than 30 individual take the time to complain but I haven't actively searched for it.
    I have the same issue. I really wish you could block specific channels on youtube. I don't get what that is not already a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Wonder Woman

Domestic: $412,563,408 50.2%
    + Foreign: $409,283,604 49.8%
    = Worldwide: $821,847,012

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...onderwoman.htm
    Yeah I looked it up after reading the post that post was in response to. I don't know why but I was under the impression WW made 500 million domestically and it was a big uneven split with the worldwide take where of 500 million domestically and 300 plus Internationally but honestly there pretty even. But because of the mistaken belief I never thought CM had a chance of overtaking WW domestically but now after seeing the real numbers yeah it's not only a chance but very likely.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I have the same issue. I really wish you could block specific channels on youtube. I don't get what that is not already a thing.
    So have I.

I also get the same kind of Youtube channel recommendations about Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor on Doctor Who.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karatattoo View Post
    So have I.

I also get the same kind of Youtube channel recommendations about Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor on Doctor Who.
    Started to get those after the first reveal teaser since I kept watching it. Really really fn annoying. As some of them don't immediately jump out as these basement dwelling dbags and I hate inadvertently giving them clicks on their videos.

BANNED

I hated this movie, but it struck a chord with audiences and it made it's money. I'm on the basement dweller's side, but they really need to move past this outrage. Brie ain't going anywhere. Controversy is Kaching.

Deadline article about all the records Endgame will break this weekend if all the numbers are right while not mentioned just listed CM will be Number 2 at the Box Office this weekend and make 413 million domestically beating WW.

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avenger...rd-1202602445/

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Deadline article about all the records Endgame will break this weekend if all the numbers are right while not mentioned just listed CM will be Number 2 at the Box Office this weekend and make 413 million domestically beating WW.

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avenger...rd-1202602445/
    I was just wondering this myself when I realised CM was getting an uptick in the charts again. Unfortunately this won’t stop people proclaiming that somehow Wonder Woman is ‘better feminism’ whatever that means. I do think there are some interesting comparisons to be made over the two movies, but why it needs to be a competition is beyond me.

However, the message that Hollywood will inevitably take from this is that women can front large superhero movies, which can only be a positive thing IMO

Incredible Member

It's amazing they're still here, they haven't yet found another bone to gnaw?
    Wait for Eternals, the movie, its gay lead and diverse casting.
    Those people have made this "culture war" their crusade, wether comicsgaters, gamergaters...
    The fact that they attack my entertainment, one of my great pleasures in life, angers me.

Astonishing Member

There should be a competition about which is the better feminist movie. Rather there should be more strong female lead movies made whether superheroes or regular.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    There should be a competition about which is the better feminist movie. Rather there should be more strong female lead movies made whether superheroes or regular.
    Oh God.

spoilers:
    If that one scene in Avengers: Endgame is any indication, then imagine what an A-Force type movie would do to the manbabies.
    end of spoilers

The other thing that Deadline article doesn't mention... is if this weeking brings Captain Marvel's domestic take up to 413m, that means it's passed Wonder Woman's domestic too... which honestly isn't something I was sure would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    The other thing that Deadline article doesn't mention... is if this weeking brings Captain Marvel's domestic take up to 413m, that means it's passed Wonder Woman's domestic too... which honestly isn't something I was sure would happen.
    I think you mean ‘the same thing’.