View Poll Results: Will Captain Marvel make $1 Billion at the global box office?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

62 71.26%
  • No

7 8.05%
  • Maybe

14 16.09%
  • Is that a lot?

1 1.15%
  • $2 billion just you watch

3 3.45%
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Will Captain Marvel make $1 Billion at the Box Office

As of Sunday March 17th 1:17PM EST, Box Office Mojo is reporting a $760,213,933 global box office.

How far will she go?

Will she beat: Wonder Woman, Spider-Man Homecoming, Thor: Ragnarok, Aquaman, Batman v Superman, Captain America: Civil War, The Dark Knight Rises?

Place your bets people.
    The J-man

Maybe but I dont know

Sure looks like it will.

It's got a chance, its got just about 0 competition until Dumbo comes out on the 29th.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Mighty Member

Although I liked the movie a lot I was really skeptical that it crossing the billion dollar mark.

However, right now in the head to head comparison on Box office mojo Captain Marvel ahead of The Hunger Games which went on to make $400m domestic and it looks like Captain Marvel will easily cross $600m in the international markets, so now a billion seems more likely that not.

According to every single expert on the matter, Captain Marvel is more or less guaranteed to billion at this point going off of typical movie trends. It should do somewhere between 1.2- 1.5 billion dollars.

Wow, I had no idea it was doing so well. That's pretty darn amazing.

I'm starting to wonder if all those boycotts against certain marvel movies aren't just staged to draw a bit of extra buzz for the movies. If they're not, Disney should probably think about it.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    As of Sunday March 17th 1:17PM EST, Box Office Mojo is reporting a $760,213,933 global box office.

How far will she go?

Will she beat: Wonder Woman, Spider-Man Homecoming, Thor: Ragnarok, Aquaman, Batman v Superman, Captain America: Civil War, The Dark Knight Rises?

Place your bets people.
    Of the movies you listed, I think only Civil War and Aquaman are maybes. She's basically a slam dunk to beat all the ones in the 800's and $1.1B sounds like a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    It's got a chance, its got just about 0 competition until Dumbo comes out on the 29th.
    In that case, I'd say it has minimal competition until "Endgame" comes out on April 26. Mind you, I say that as someone who kind of like the idea of a CGI remake of "Dumbo" and who is really looking forward to "Shazam". But both of them are more in the total children's movies category in most peoples' minds.

I think it will reach a billion. Two billion is really pushing credulity.
    Power with Girl is better.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

How far will she go?

Place your bets people.
    I want to say no but I wouldn't be shocked.

If that happened Black Panther, Aquaman & Carol Danvers-folks viewed as jokes or can't sell books -all got billion dollar films. Let that sink in for a moment. Really sink in.

How many doors did they just open? Along with GOTG, Thor, Miles Morales & Iron man?

You think Hasbro is not looking at this. Especially since they now have Power Rangers.

Black & Goldie Vance already got movie deals. Who else would sniff one when Carol hits a billion?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I think it’ll definitely cross 900M and I wouldn’t be surprised to me see it crossing 1B but not 100% sure.

900 definitely it seems IMO a billion maybe just the next few weeks has US, Shazam, Pet Sematary, and Hellboy so the added competition might stop it from reaching the billion dollar mark but if it does great.

Hope it makes it to the billion-dollar marker.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

It have a very good chance to do so. Not a guarantee, but it's highly likely that it'll cross $1 Billion.

Ultimate Member

Domestically, I think US might give it some problems. That movie has been getting rave reviews.

All this being said, I think Captain Marvel should get to $1 billion because of its strong holds internationally.