Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default When did you definitely became a part of the Batman fandom?

Hi! So I'm asking this question because I was wondering how everybody felt he definitely became a batman fan^^
    Thanks to everybody who will answer!

Quote Originally Posted by just01 View Post
    Hi! So I'm asking this question because I was wondering how everybody felt he definitely became a batman fan^^
    Thanks to everybody who will answer!
    When I saw Batman: The Animated Serie as a child.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    This show was amazing!

Me too. The good, old days of animated television programming.

Quote Originally Posted by just01 View Post
    This show was amazing!
    Totally agree. The show was very well-written and, most importantly, very well-animated.

BTAS

Incredible Member

I remember exactly it was 1987 and I was eleven years old when I happened upon a Spanish Batman comic that reprinted early 80's Gerry Conway penned stories.

BANNED

I've never been a Batman fan. Big Dick Grayson fan since 1958, and I end up having to buy books with Batman in them.

Fantastic Member

watching reruns of batman 66 and superfriends on tv when I was younger plus the two burton films as well and btas too

BANNED

1989 film. I was 7, it was 1990. My father and i watched it together on rented video tape.

I was born in '70 and grew up watching '66 Batman and SUPERFRIENDS cartoons back then (along with other DC gems like Shazam/Isis, Wonder Woman, etc). My earliest toys were things like MEGO dolls (and of course Batman was my favorite! My MEGO Batcave, Batmobile, etc, were AWESOME!). Of course I had many DC comic books back then, but being a small child they were abused and thrown away over time. I started collecting comics (and toys) as an adult when the 1989 Batman movie came out!

After the Son of Batman movie. Prior I enjoyed Batverse stuff in outside media if they ever happened to be on but I never actively sought them out.

Damian got me into batman and the Batverse.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too. The good, old days of animated television programming.

Totally agree. The show was very well-written and, most importantly, very well-animated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    BTAS
    Same. That was my introduction to Batman and his world. It remains the definitive take for me, with most of my favorite characters coming from there.

The Burton films as well. More so 1989 because Returns scared me when I was little, then it became my favorite one when I watched it a few years later.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Batman & Robin (1997)

It's the only Batman movie I watched as a child. I still have something of a fond spot for it despite it being, you know, Batman & Robin.

I honestly don’t know, I’ve just liked him and his world since I was a kid. I wore Batman tighty-whiteys, always had some kind of Batman toy laying around, loved BTAS and the Burton films. There were some Batman comics in the first batch of hand-me-down comics I ever got. Idk, it’s like asking me when did I start eating cereal.

Watched BtAS and reruns of batman 66 as a kid. Particularly liked Robin because he fought crime AND he was funny (at least in BtAS). I had tons of Batman action figures as a kid, but my Robin toys were always my favorite. At some point I found out that he

After that, oddly, I came back to it because of The Amazing Spider-Man movie in 2012. Emma Stone made me fall in love with comics. Started reading some Ultimate Spider-Man and then turned to my favorite hero of all time- Nightwing/Robin. Dick had just come out of one of the best comics run in his history, the Batman Reborn era. I was hooked. I'm still here.