Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I was 7 or 8 and a kid's magazine here was giving Batman comics as an addendum. The story they published was Death In The Family and i remember loving i - it was tragic and toiching and just powerful... That stands out as the moment. This was around the time Tim Burton's movie came out (probably the reason they were publishing the comics) and i remember watching the movie and loving it too but reading Death In the Family stands out more...

my country didnt really have that many comics published though so it wasnt till i was mid-school and learned english that i was able to regularly buy and read them but that was also limited as not that many of the ongoings made it here... Needless to say i got crazy with my spending when i first set foot into a comics shop in USa. i bought so many issues (was also into X-men at the time) they gave up on calculating them and gave like 1/3 of it free lol. and gotta say, thank god for the digital age

funny thing is, my absolute favorite is Dick but i dont even remember what was the firat issue i read with him or when i turned into a fan...

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I've never been a Batman fan. Big Dick Grayson fan since 1958, and I end up having to buy books with Batman in them.
    Same. Except it was 1973 for me.
    Batman - Daredevil

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Been a fan since Batman 66 but when local publisher stopped translating them I stopped reading... no... I kinda stopped reading around Year One since I didn't like how dark and mature it was... but still watched the movies... until I'm back to reading during Hush and then New 52...

As for the community... Tumblr, probably. When New 52 came up and people either cautiously curious or bashing and people draw fan art mocking Tim Drake's swan queen outfit and the loss of Nightwing finger stripes, that's when I started paying attention to Batfam fanart.

Also, that's the first time I found out people actually like Robin. Most of my life, people I know, no one like Robin. They only like Batman. I didn't hate Robin but I also didn't like him either.

No, wait, the Robin thing I knew before Tumblr, but only shortly before
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 03-21-2019 at 07:35 PM.

Wow, damn I didn't know there were older users on this forum.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I was 4 years old, and my older cousins gave me all of their comics, and it was over. I loved Wonder Woman the most, the X-Men/Mew Mutants, then Superman and Batman. I still remember the issue. It was Batman 355, with Batman and Catwoman on the cover.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Alazer

The first time I saw a batman movie was with my older cousin pushing me to go watch Batman Rises then I searched for comics to learn the whole batman world and here I am