or it's not Steve.
    It's Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It's Steve.
    and that's what everyone thought up until he said 'Hail Hydra.'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    and that's what everyone thought up until he said 'Hail Hydra.'
    We'll all have to keep reading to know for sure, then, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    We'll all have to keep reading to know for sure, then, right?
    i'm certainly not considering dropping the title.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Once again, you are making a false equivalence. You are so determined to put Steve on the level of Scott, it is you who has the bias, not I.

The Phoenix was a KNOWN parasite, one that, in addition to the Jean Grey history, took out Nova and put him in a coma. That is how AvX started, with Nova falling to Earth on death's door.

Attachment 80025
    Attachment 80026

And then Steve had Logan confirming the threat...

Attachment 80027

No one in their right mind would think the Phoenix was freakin benevolent. No one. It is completely batshit to try and take that stance.

Meanwhile, the cosmic cube, unlike the Phoenix, is neither good nor bad. The maliciousness or good of it's deeds always depended on who was wielding it at the time. Red Skull had used it for evil the in the past, yes, but if you recall Steve used it to restore the memories of Bucky Barnes to the Winter Soldier. The last known wielder of the the shards, including Kobik, was Maria Hill. No one knew that Kobik was sneaking off to meet with Red Skull. And Maria Hill, while driven to the point of manic, misguided and morally gray, is not evil. Steve had no reason to suspect, at all, that what actually happened would happen.

You're trying to compare an elderly man on death's door wanting to live so he could take out the very present threat of Crossbones (and survival is the top tier of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. Survival is a basic instinct) to choosing to try and tame a parasite everyone KNEW was freakin malicious because they all had previous experience with it and very recent examples of it's maliciousness. False equivalence.

Accuse me of rose colored glasses all you want, I'm rubber you're glue and all that, but you've failed to present your argument in any way that convinces me Steve has any culpability in his own victimization. I remain, and always shall remain, dubious to your claim and towards your intent.
    well whatever you say. for all cap knew his accepting such favours could have led to a cosmic calamity. it's not that he has any way to gauge the intention of cosmic entities. your acceptance of caps giving in to his weakness of flesh no matter what the circumstances indicates you don't grasp the first and most essential trait of the character which makes me dubious of your reason and intent and I will have to assume you will be turning a blind eye to all the narrative and keep on pushing your viewpoint. well I don't care. if you don't grasp the basic narrative that Spencer wrote I have no interest in going in circles getting you to open your eyes and be more open to the idea that cap is as fallible as the next guy. p s. I certainly don't want any sequel particularly but your assuming I do just shows your complete reading incomprehension and so I am not interested in going into the matter further with you.