Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Kinda surprised that ASM #16 would sell almost 7,000 fewer copies than ASM #15 seeing as #16 was a prelude to "Hunted". It's not a huge difference but still enough of a difference to stand out....not sure if it means anything in regards to readers' interest in "Hunted" or not. I suppose March sales will be more telling.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Kinda surprised that ASM #16 would sell almost 7,000 fewer copies than ASM #15 seeing as #16 was a prelude to "Hunted". It's not a huge difference but still enough of a difference to stand out....not sure if it means anything in regards to readers' interest in "Hunted" or not. I suppose March sales will be more telling.
    #16 cost more money.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    #16 cost more money.
    Hmmmm.....well, so did #17 so I guess we will soon see if that extra buck on the cover price is keeping some readers away.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I have a feeling "Hunted" might underperform (that is what I'm hearing from my buddies in the industry), but we'll see.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Call me crazy but I don’t like all these copycat Spidey characters in their own books. While I enjoyed Superior Spider-Man immensely when it came out, having the title alive today with the real Peter Parker as Spider-Man in ASM seems silly and not needed. I have never been a fan of alt-universe Spider-characters so I don’t pick up Miles’ or Spider-Gwen’s books. All that’s left is ASM, FNSM and SM/DP (which is getting cancelled) for me. I would prefer FNSM gets cancelled and we have ASM three times a month.

- Jason G. Carr

Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    Call me crazy but I don’t like all these copycat Spidey characters in their own books. While I enjoyed Superior Spider-Man immensely when it came out, having the title alive today with the real Peter Parker as Spider-Man in ASM seems silly and not needed. I have never been a fan of alt-universe Spider-characters so I don’t pick up Miles’ or Spider-Gwen’s books. All that’s left is ASM, FNSM and SM/DP (which is getting cancelled) for me. I would prefer FNSM gets cancelled and we have ASM three times a month.
    I do agree with you that there is a glut of spider people right now. Some might hate me for saying this, but unless the quality of Gwen's book picks up I can see it being canceled for low sales by about Fall.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    At this point I'm just fine with the spinoffs for other spider-characters as long as they have no bearing on what's going on with ASM, which seems to be how the writers prefer it.

It makes them a pain to fit in adaptions though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I do agree with you that there is a glut of spider people right now. Some might hate me for saying this, but unless the quality of Gwen's book picks up I can see it being canceled for low sales by about Fall.
    I'm a fan of the character and that wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At this point I'm just fine with the spinoffs for other spider-characters as long as they have no bearing on what's going on with ASM, which seems to be how the writers prefer it.

It makes them a pain to fit in adaptions though.
    It's actually Peter who's the pain. The adaptations always de-age him to how he was in 1963!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Dang, am I the only one who kind of likes FNSM? Even though I think PPSSM was better, I know that Taylor will kick it up a notch with issue 5 (the Peter/Aunt May issue)
    I love the title! It's at the top of my stack when it's released. While I love Zdarsky, his run on Spec didn't do it for me.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's actually Peter who's the pain. The adaptations always de-age him to how he was in 1963!
    That just makes it even more of a pain to try and work all these spider-characters together .

More Spider-Verse characters = more character diversity = more flavors of book to choose from >>>>> Multiple Peter books that struggle to distinguish themselves from ASM.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    More Spider-Verse characters = more character diversity = more flavors of book to choose from >>>>> Multiple Peter books that struggle to distinguish themselves from ASM.
    I never argued the value of having these multiple Spider-related characters with their own series.

I just don't think they work well with Spider-Man as a character or concept aside from specific instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Tom Taylor clearly doesn't have the pull Zdarsky does, let's hope it doesn't drop much further or FNSM won't be lasting long.
    Well, Tom should write better stories. FNSM has been REALLY, REALLY bad. Some of the worst, blandest Spidey stuff I have read in 30 years of reading and collecting Spidey. I have read Spidey backup/filler stories by writers who I have never even heard of before or since, that were of higher quality than what's going on in FNSM.
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 04-23-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Well, Tom should write better stories. FNSM has been REALLY, REALLY bad. Some of the worst, blandest Spidey stuff I have read in 30 years of reading and collecting Spidey. I have read Spidey backup/filler stories by writers who I have never even heard of before or since, that were of higher quality than what's going on in FNSM.
    Oh here we go again...