Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default February 2019 sales

Here are the sales of comics in February:

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-02.html

What's your opinion?

PS: The Batman who Laughs #3 is the first of the month. That surprise me.

BANNED

Was Silencer the last of the "Age of Heroes" or whatever books? Surprised Nightwing is selling as well as it is.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Was Silencer the last of the "Age of Heroes" or whatever books? Surprised Nightwing is selling as well as it is.
    It was second to last because the Terrifics is still going.

I still don't really get the appeal for the Batman Who Laughs beyond "Scott Snyder wrote it."

Is Heroes in Crisis selling better? I'm not up on what's good or bad for event sales.

Flash and Batman still going strong (crossovers probably helped).

All the usual suspects seem to be doing their usual numbers.

I wonder if DeConnick is going to pickup sales for Aquaman. It doesn't seem like it got a movie boost (but those hardly ever happen).

Justice League Dark doing solid but Justice League Odyssey seems to be lagging...

I expect all the 20K and below books are going to start winding down, although DC is sometimes better about keeping those going depending on the character.

Astonishing Member

LMAO, and DC keeps trying to tell itself that rebirth was a step in the right direction when it current sales is already below New 52 at it's current point. I have literally no sympathy for DC as they keep running this dying ship into the ground lol.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    LMAO, and DC keeps trying to tell itself that rebirth was a step in the right direction when it current sales is already below New 52 at it's current point. I have literally no sympathy for DC as they keep running this dying ship into the ground lol.
    It's become quite telling when this is the only defense I've ever heard angry fans use to decry the end of the New 52.

Rebirth want the problem. That initiative ended and since the direction of the line has reverted towards something far from Rebirth. It's no longer relevant to discuss that publishing initiative given the company's current state.

I hope Justice League Odyssey stabilizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still don't really get the appeal for the Batman Who Laughs beyond "Scott Snyder wrote it."

Is Heroes in Crisis selling better? I'm not up on what's good or bad for event sales.

Flash and Batman still going strong (crossovers probably helped).

All the usual suspects seem to be doing their usual numbers.

I wonder if DeConnick is going to pickup sales for Aquaman. It doesn't seem like it got a movie boost (but those hardly ever happen).

Justice League Dark doing solid but Justice League Odyssey seems to be lagging...
    Justice League Dark is actually really good. It surprised me. Probably the best thing Tynion has done so far. Have no idea about Odyssey, never read it so I don't know what the deal is there.

Only a matter of time until the next shakeup, with those sales.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Guess there was some special order incentive beyond the typical variants for some, or nearly all, the books? Since looking at it some got a small boost compared to last month.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Only a matter of time until the next shakeup, with those sales.
    It's a never-ending cycle.
    There is no surefire way to get retailers to buy thousands of copies of every issue of every book.
    They eventually lose interest and move on to the next 'big thing' because there's always something new being hyped each month.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Guess there was some special order incentive beyond the typical variants for some, or nearly all, the books? Since looking at it some got a small boost compared to last month.
    Most of DC comics seem to sell equal or less comics than the previous month.

Their position in the ranking are higher, but this is likely due to another factor (not sales). Maybe there was less comics in February. .

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It's become quite telling when this is the only defense I've ever heard angry fans use to decry the end of the New 52.

Rebirth want the problem. That initiative ended and since the direction of the line has reverted towards something far from Rebirth. It's no longer relevant to discuss that publishing initiative given the company's current state.
    I was big into Rebirth but have zero interest in Heroes in Crisis and its ilk. More Rebirth-style stuff, pls. If it weren't for Bendis and his imprint, I'd be out of DC entirely. (And his stuff is so decompressed I'm losing interest even in it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Most of DC comics seem to sell equal or less comics than the previous month.

Their position in the ranking are higher, but this is likely due to another factor (not sales). Maybe there was less comics in February. .

There was. January had five Wednesdays, February, obviously, only has four. Hence roughly 20% less comics (don't forget that DC had a lot of double shippers in January - a few even triple shipped - due to nothing being released on December 26th).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

Far from Rebirth? LOL, far more than the majority of changes from the new 52 has been reversed and fits more along their classic lining then it's new 52 counterpart. Just because it's not a direct one to one doesn't mean this isn't any less a reverse plan of action.

But like I said, they can keep trying to push this dying ship into the ground all they want. Until they can reflect the current times, they will be screwed.