Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Suicide Squad getting a full reboot?

What does this mean for the future of the DCEU?

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/ex-...e-squad-gotgv3
    Assassinate Putin!

Gunn and others may feel there is no rivalry between DCEU and MCU. Most of us fans also just want great stories and don't care about rivalries. After all, we don't get residuals, most of us. But Disney - thats another story.

Nevertheless I hope this means that directors and producers of these great hero films would be willing to go back and forth between the two companies. All of us win under that scenario.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

All-New Member

Rachel Mcadams as Joker would be great choice.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'm happy about it. DC films are traditionally better when treated in isolation, I appreciate the focus being shifted away from another "Cinematic Universe."
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

good luck getting the bad taste out of so many mouths.

SS was a awfully written and made movie. But I enjoyed most the actors so much that I can rewatch that way more then better made movies like MoS. Will Smith Robbie,Courtney,AAA,Viola Davis and the guy who played Diablo. KInnerman I could take or leave but I hated the bad guys. I liked Delavein in Paper Town but yea I've thought she was bad in everything since.

I think it's pretty lame to reboot this soon after only 1 movie.

The first movie had a pretty bad script, but that doesn't mean the actors and characters wouldn't work just fine in a sequal with better material.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I don't mind it because that is one of the main themes of the SS to begin with. They use different criminals as needed by the job. I think the ones named so far like Poka Dot Man and Ratcatcher will die in the first 10 minutes of the movies anyway on some mission and more characters will be added. Out of all the original cast I really only want Jai Courntey back as Captain Boomerang and Viola Davis back as Waller anyway.

I loved the last SS animated movie "Hell To Pay" and hope this new live action movie is more like that. I mean in the first 10 minutes of that movie they killed Count Vertigo, Punch, Jewelee, and Tobias Whale.

With Margot Robbie back as Harley Quinn I don't think it is a complete reboot.

Astonishing Member

It's a reboot in the vein of Gi Joe 2 vs. GI Joe 1. Where it would just follow a mostly different team.

Suicide Squad had a rotating cast in the comics so it's not a big deal if they just bring back Harley, Deadshot (recast) and Amanda, with everyone else new.

I think this has more to do with expectation management than anything else. The first Suicide Squad was a "hot mess", and here they are singaling that this movie won't try to be anything like the first one. Both to the people who liked the first movie, or the ones who gave up on the DCEU partially due to the first movie.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Sounds like its a good compromise. Personally I liked most of the first movie, but it got a little too wrapped up in being cool at the expense of plot (oops we forgot to do one!)

This new one should have better plotting and way better banter, which was a little pathetic in the first one.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think the big thing is they need to keep the scale small. The SS should not be trying to save the world from godlike creatures like in the first movie. They are a black ops team doing the dirty work behind the scenes type team. These are the guys you send in to do things quick and dirty and hopefully quite.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think it's pretty lame to reboot this soon after only 1 movie.

The first movie had a pretty bad script, but that doesn't mean the actors and characters wouldn't work just fine in a sequal with better material.
    Yeah, I was kinda hoping Katana would get more to do down the line.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

It all depends which Squad members Gunn likes/has ideas for. He made some weird choices for Guardians members, so I expect a few "WTF?!?!" choices here that he will probably make work.