Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I still gotta go with one of my perennial favorites from Ultimate Spider-Man:

The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

Right there with you! A badass is more than just being savage! It's saving lives!

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

That's quintessential Spidey.

Astonishing Member

I really hope my thumbnail isn’t microscopic again.
    But anyway, this is from ‘Grim Hunt’ when Peter thinks Kaine is dead and is so angry he uses his sticky powers to rip off Kraven’s wife’s face (in tribute to Kaine’s Mark of Kaine). To my knowledge, that’s the only time Peter has used his power that way. Pretty dark stuff.

Spidey: “By the way, my brother wanted to give you this.”

YAAARRRGHH!!—*
    3B31622B-491B-44ED-ACE7-E4D4B04BA2FC.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    But anyway, this is from ‘Grim Hunt’ when Peter thinks Kaine is dead and is so angry he uses his sticky powers to rip off Kraven’s wife’s face (in tribute to Kaine’s Mark of Kaine). To my knowledge, that’s the only time Peter has used his power that way. Pretty dark stuff.

YAAARRRGHH!!—*
    Still Small, but I know this one! This was freaking brutal haha

Every now and then, he's basically the angel of death, when cops shoot at him and he just doesn't care.

But nothing surpasses him at his worst.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

I know the ‘I AM THE SPIDER’ era from the early 90s isn’t fondly remembered, but that was IDGAF Spidey at his peak even more than the above or ‘Back in Black.’ Dude slept in a web cocoon.

Astonishing Member

FC4CAA30-C2D0-46A8-9EFE-82932FE0F146.jpg

ASM #367

One of the Task-Master’s henchman Blood Spider (like yet another evil Spider-Man) tries to sneak attack Spidey.
    Spidey dodges his punch.
    Blood-Spider: “Nice save, Web man. But the next one goes through your head.”
    Spidey lays him out with a single gut punch.
    Spidey standing over him: “What next one?”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Right there with you! A badass is more than just being savage! It's saving lives!
    Eeeeh. Don't want to split hairs but think this is more a case of "summarise Spidey with one image" as against "most badass Spidey moment".

Frontier described it best "Quintessential Spidey".

Fantastic moment nonetheless.

Astonishing Member

One of my personal favorites is during the Identity Crisis story arc when Peter fights Roughhouse and Bloodscream as 4 different people.
    https://share.icloud.com/photos/0O0U...a99O9t0T20JJ4A

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    One of my personal favorites is during the Identity Crisis story arc when Peter fights Roughhouse and Bloodscream as 4 different people.
    https://share.icloud.com/photos/0O0U...a99O9t0T20JJ4A
    That is awesome!!! I never knew about this one!

It's been mentioned but the first thing that popped into my mind was Spidey v Firelord - Amazing Spider-Man 270.

Two issues of just trying to survive and keep people safe until he has no where left to run.

Also during the Sin Eater saga ...

Last edited by Nighthawk; 03-19-2019 at 01:06 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post

YAAARRRGHH!!—*
    Not bad, but Peter also used his "stick'em powers" the same way back in American Son, the Dark Reign tie-in that saw Norman Osborn's most personally depraved plot yet (at the time). Namely, sucker Harry into becoming his American Son for the Dark Avengers, which was a setup to get Harry killed in battle so that Norman could play the grieving father for the media and the public, who would give him carte blanche to do whatever he wanted in the name of "avenging his beloved son." Peter was so angry when he learned that that he grabbed Osborn by his face (the only part of his body exposed at the time by his Iron Patriot armor) and pulled off bits of his skin. A truly brutal moment.

That said, I do agree with CrimsonEchidna's post, and the Identity Crisis fight with Bloodscream and Roughhouse is a great underrated one.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

this is not strictly a true badass moment but it rather works as a display of Spider man unleashed. when he was flipped by Warren during the clone saga sometime after Warren 'died' not his clone nor the warriors nor anyone else was able to stop him as he was bent upon hunting and killing mj through any means. it kind of places their romance not to mention Clark and Lois romance into a shady perspective as who could save them from their partner if they flipped or were being mind controlled. seems unwise to enter into marriage with a guy who in a fit of rage could send you flying away by just shrugging you off. anyway the clone saga had many moments where Spider man was on a rampage and transforming into a character who was slipping to join the ranks of punisher and the like but they realized the folly of following that course and remedied that.
    anyways that off topic drift aside the fight he had with the sin eater in the death of jean arc after he learned his real identity and almost subconsciously must have guessed that he must have killed jean due to her infatuation for him was one of the most brutal and the fight he had with daredevil was also major in illustrating the effect of a berserk Peter as daredevil subconsciously wondered if he was going to add to the statistics of the various murdered victims that knew their killer. it shows the major effect of the death of Gwen Stacy where he felt that he was unable to save another female acquaintance who had feelings for him. wonder if he himself subconsciously felt the same way about jean as that would go a long way to explain why he went berserk to such a extent.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 03-19-2019 at 09:12 PM.

Astonishing Member

Being on a rampage is not the same as being a bad ass. I feel like him siding with the Jackal during the clone saga, and almost beating the Sin-Eater to death were examples of him losing his cool. But I felt disappointed in him during those times, not in awe of his coolness.