Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Most Badass Spider-Man Moments

What are some of the most badass Spider-Man moments? The type that when you're reading or watching make you go "Go Spider-Man!"

Name them, and...go!

For starters, ASM #576: After getting trashed by the upgraded Hammerhead, Peter breaks his hip and defeats him, telling him that he'll break the other one if he threatens the kids. Solid 10.

Practically every episode of The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This man wins by default.

BANNED

1) Spider-Man versus Doctor Octopus in The Owl/Octopus War:
    -- Whether it's the first fight where Spider-Man rips apart Ock's arms clean. Or the second fight where Spider-Man clobbers Otto Octopus so thoroughly that he had a fear of spiders and a lenthy retirement from supervillainy until Michelinie found an in-story way of getting him out of it.

2) Spider-Man versus Kingpin in Back in Black: After years of stories seeing that fatso get inflated by writers with Deathstroke-is-Cool-ergo-he-beats-JLA syndrome, with Bendis' Ultimate Kingpin being a major offender, it was satisfying as hell to see JMS set the record straight once and for all, and see Fisk humiliated like he never has. The fact that it's Spider-Man who does it, unmasked, and terrifying just sells it even more.

3) Spider-Man versus Firelord: Yes it's jobbing, yes it's overdone, but I don't care. The story sets it and sells it with Firelord being a clown who comes to NY for pizza and acts like a jerk. The FF are busy, and the Avengers are not reachable, so it's down to Spidey. And nothing is more badass than this moment which is up there with Superman's World of Cardboard speech:
    Firelord: You dare...!
    Spider-Man: What have I got to lose? You've already been trying to French Fry me all day because of some imagined slight to your precious little, alien ego! Well, I've had enough! Enough! ... You may be bigger, and far more powerful — but that's just not good enough, Mister! You'll never stop me...no matter how strong you are! I'm just too stubborn to know when to quit! I'll keep on coming back...keep fighting...until I find a way to beat you! To win! I won't give you, you hear? I won't I won't!!
    — The Amazing Spider-Man, Issue #270, dialogue by Tom Defalco.

4) Spider-Man tossing Wolverine out of the high window in JMS' run. I have always disliked Spider-Man v. Wolverine and that to me is catharsis for setting that comic straight.

5) ASM #122. This comic is right after Gwen died, but what strikes me is how Gil Kane made a maskless Peter look genuinely scary, threatening, and menacing here. And when he unloads on Goblin at the end, it's no let-up. You can totally buy that Spider-Man could kill Goblin in that moment and that Goblin is a goner. The only suspense is if Peter's conscience and Goblin's cunning can provide an escape. Well it does and doesn't.

6) Spider-Man versus Juggernaut. Spider-Man defeated the Juggernaut all by himself, doing something that it usually takes an entire team of X-Men to do.

Incredible Member

sp.jpg

This.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    1) Spider-Man versus Doctor Octopus in The Owl/Octopus War:
    -- Whether it's the first fight where Spider-Man rips apart Ock's arms clean. Or the second fight where Spider-Man clobbers Otto Octopus so thoroughly that he had a fear of spiders and a lenthy retirement from supervillainy until Michelinie found an in-story way of getting him out of it.

2) Spider-Man versus Kingpin in Back in Black: After years of stories seeing that fatso get inflated by writers with Deathstroke-is-Cool-ergo-he-beats-JLA syndrome, with Bendis' Ultimate Kingpin being a major offender, it was satisfying as hell to see JMS set the record straight once and for all, and see Fisk humiliated like he never has. The fact that it's Spider-Man who does it, unmasked, and terrifying just sells it even more.

3) Spider-Man versus Firelord: Yes it's jobbing, yes it's overdone, but I don't care. The story sets it and sells it with Firelord being a clown who comes to NY for pizza and acts like a jerk. The FF are busy, and the Avengers are not reachable, so it's down to Spidey. And nothing is more badass than this moment which is up there with Superman's World of Cardboard speech:
    Firelord: You dare...!
    Spider-Man: What have I got to lose? You've already been trying to French Fry me all day because of some imagined slight to your precious little, alien ego! Well, I've had enough! Enough! ... You may be bigger, and far more powerful — but that's just not good enough, Mister! You'll never stop me...no matter how strong you are! I'm just too stubborn to know when to quit! I'll keep on coming back...keep fighting...until I find a way to beat you! To win! I won't give you, you hear? I won't I won't!!
    — The Amazing Spider-Man, Issue #270, dialogue by Tom Defalco.

4) Spider-Man tossing Wolverine out of the high window in JMS' run. I have always disliked Spider-Man v. Wolverine and that to me is catharsis for setting that comic straight.

5) ASM #122. This comic is right after Gwen died, but what strikes me is how Gil Kane made a maskless Peter look genuinely scary, threatening, and menacing here. And when he unloads on Goblin at the end, it's no let-up. You can totally buy that Spider-Man could kill Goblin in that moment and that Goblin is a goner. The only suspense is if Peter's conscience and Goblin's cunning can provide an escape. Well it does and doesn't.

6) Spider-Man versus Juggernaut. Spider-Man defeated the Juggernaut all by himself, doing something that it usually takes an entire team of X-Men to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    sp.jpg

This.
    These are great moments!!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    YES! I love this one.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post

God dang I love "Back in Black"

Astonishing Member

31DC6964-9ABA-4BAD-8103-010BE3F139EB.jpg

This Spider-Ben moment from ASM #408.

Armada is electrocuting Ben and telling him how he’ll be the guy who killed Spider-Man
    Ben fights through it and then proceeds to rip Armada apart like a cheap tin can
    Spider-Ben: “Don’t bet on it, sweetie!!”
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 03-18-2019 at 03:13 PM.

It's a little too small on the forum. Can you describe it?

Astonishing Member

Spectacular Spider-Man #190
    F0E39F95-8B23-4C3F-8A3C-0AB395FD5D63.jpg
    974310F4-1539-4E84-9477-0F5D5458AA8E.jpg

Harry tells Rhino to attack Peter, not telling him who he is.
    Rhino jumps Peter at night
    Peter quickly escapes and changes into Spidey. He beats the living snot out of Rhino.
    Rhino beat up: I.... just... did this... for my .... family.
    WHACK
    THUD

Spidey: You should’ve given a little thought to Peter Parker’s family.
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 03-18-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Spectacular Spider-Man #190
    F0E39F95-8B23-4C3F-8A3C-0AB395FD5D63.jpg
    974310F4-1539-4E84-9477-0F5D5458AA8E.jpg

Harry tells Rhino to attack Peter, not telling him who he is.
    Rhino jumps Peter at night
    Peter quickly escapes and changes into Spidey. He beats the living snot out of Rhino.
    Rhino beat up: I.... just... did this... for my .... family.
    WHACK
    THUD

Spidey: You should’ve given a little thought to Peter Parker’s family.
    I actually have that issue. Great moment. After everything Harry had been doing to torment him and drive him to his breaking point, Spider-Man was all out of f***s to give, and that simple statement at the end? In retrospect, an excellent calling-out of the moral myopia prevalent in most villains, even the "well-intentioned" ones; just because you've suffered, or you've got a "just cause," that doesn't give you an excuse to make other people suffer or threaten their lives.

And yes, add me to the list of those citing Back in Black as one of Spider-Man's most badass moments ever. I'd throw in Secret Wars #8 and him trouncing the newly empowered Titania so badly through just superior speed, skill, and fighting experience that she developed a bad case of arachnophobia that lasted years (in real life, anyway). And yes, every time Spidey is just out of f***s to give, like in the climaxes of American Son, Grim Hunt, and the later issues of Spider-Man/Deadpool, all written by Joe Kelly . . . those were beautiful moments.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What a show that was. My favourite Spidey thing outside the comics.