Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default Has THIS Character Ever Appeared in a DC Comic?

According to The Atlas of the DC Universe it is stated in page 75 that in DC continuity there is a character known as Donovan Upton, who, "is a lawyer and a founding partner of Chayney, Upton, Goldfarb, and McKenna, a prestigious New York law firm. Upton has achieved considerable wealth and infamy by defending a client list consisting exclusively of supervillains."

I thought this was an utterly brilliant premise for a character and could provide as a partial explanation as to why supervillains in the DC universe always consistently return from prison in a short amount of time.

However, when I searched the internet for this character I found little to nothing. Has Donovan Upton appeared in a DC Comic before?

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    According to The Atlas of the DC Universe it is stated in page 75 that in DC continuity there is a character known as Donovan Upton, who, "is a lawyer and a founding partner of Chayney, Upton, Goldfarb, and McKenna, a prestigious New York law firm. Upton has achieved considerable wealth and infamy by defending a client list consisting exclusively of supervillains."

I thought this was an utterly brilliant premise for a character and could provide as a partial explanation as to why supervillains in the DC universe always consistently return from prison in a short amount of time.

However, when I searched the internet for this character I found little to nothing. Has Donovan Upton appeared in a DC Comic before?
    Well, wasn't The Atlas of the DC Universe a guide to go with the DC superhero role-playing game produced (I believe) by Mayfair Games?

There's always a chance he was a character in a game module but not actually from a comic book story.

Looking at the rest of the characters listed on the pages, he was probably a very minor character that only appeared in a few panels and has since been forgotten.

And since the Atlas came out in 1990, I'd limit searches in the comics to books between 1984 and 1990.

I was surprised at how many supporting characters from Blue Devil are listed, considering the title had been cancelled for about four years at that point.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 03-18-2019 at 09:19 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Neither the Grand Comicbook Database nor Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics turned up any hits on the name, and both are pretty thorough resources for DC characters, so I would tend to think not.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Here's something that might help...

In the listing is a character named 'Mona Nockwood', a video-jockey for RTV and obviously a stand-in for real-world MTV v-jay, Nina Blackwood.

She's not listed on Mike's Amazing World, but I did find a Comic Vine page for her, placing her in 1985 with only four appearances. Three-issues of World's Finest and then one issue of Crisis on Infinite Earths (and most likely a cameo).
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.