Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Default Blade vs Morbius, the Living Vampire

Can Blade's abilities with limited weaknesses overcome Morbius with more weaknesses but higher level of power?

1) H2H

2) Fully equipped
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

BANNED

Morbius can hang with Spider-Man, so I'm thinking he stomps Blade.

Morbius is smarter, stronger, faster, tougher, and even has a healing factor. Aside from light-sensitive skin (he doesn't burst into flames, but he does suffer from rapid sunburns), Morbius doesn't have any weaknesses, aside from a terrible thirst for blood.

Blade has some degree of strength, speed, toughness and healing factor, but less than Morbius in every category. Blade's one advantage is superior combat skills.

Morbius handily wins a rumble unless maybe it is high noon with no cover.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Fighting vamps stronger, tougher, and faster than him is basically Blade's schtick. I think equipment will be the deciding factor here - does Morbius have any of the regular vampire weaknesses? Most of what I remember of him was from the Spider-Man cartoon, where they jacked with his origin and powers on account of censorship.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Fighting vamps stronger, tougher, and faster than him is basically Blade's schtick. I think equipment will be the deciding factor here - does Morbius have any of the regular vampire weaknesses? Most of what I remember of him was from the Spider-Man cartoon, where they jacked with his origin and powers on account of censorship.
    Morbius only resembles a vampire. He isn't a vampire, which is why he lacks the vast majority of regular vampire weaknesses. Morbius does drink blood, and direct sunlight gives him a painful sunburn, but otherwise, he is simply a scary-looking superhuman with physical stats and intellect that put him on about the same level as Spider-man. If it helps, think about his origin: Morbius wasn't bitten by anything, he got his powers from a combination of bat blood and a massive jolt of electricity.

OK, so they apparently didn't jack with his origin all that much. He'd probably maul Blade in a straight H2H fight, but I think equipment would give Blade the edge (hah). He carries pretty powerful UV grenades, and I don't think Morbius is quite fast enough to close the distance before one can be activated.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

OK, so they apparently didn't jack with his origin all that much. He'd probably maul Blade in a straight H2H fight, but I think equipment would give Blade the edge (hah). He carries pretty powerful UV grenades, and I don't think Morbius is quite fast enough to close the distance before one can be activated.
    As pointed out, those UV grenades wouldn't really do much to Morbius. He'd have to go buy some aloe or something. Also, I don't know that it has ever been stated that his sunlight weakness is caused by UV rays. Lots of vampires in fiction are weak to sunlight because it's the sun, not because of UV - they spend half their time in clubs loaded with UV-emitting blacklights without any issue at all, but just seeing the sun turns them to powder.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    As pointed out, those UV grenades wouldn't really do much to Morbius. He'd have to go buy some aloe or something.
    They won't fry him to a crisp like Dracula in the movies, but I'm willing to bet they'd stun and disorient him long enough for Blade to get in a killing strike. Also, it's worth noting that Blade and Morbius have fought on multiple occasions, but every single time the fight either hasn't been finished due to PIS, or others (like Spider-Man and Kingpin) have interfered. Blade usually gets the upper hand. Having gone over some of his feats, I'd give him even odds in the H2H match as well.

Also, I don't know that it has ever been stated that his sunlight weakness is caused by UV rays. Lots of vampires in fiction are weak to sunlight because it's the sun, not because of UV - they spend half their time in clubs loaded with UV-emitting blacklights without any issue at all, but just seeing the sun turns them to powder.
    Really? The UV grenades that have worked on vampires with sunlight weaknesses just fine?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

They won't fry him to a crisp like Dracula in the movies, but I'm willing to bet they'd stun and disorient him long enough for Blade to get in a killing strike. Also, it's worth noting that Blade and Morbius have fought on multiple occasions, but every single time the fight either hasn't been finished due to PIS, or others (like Spider-Man and Kingpin) have interfered. Blade usually gets the upper hand. Having gone over some of his feats, I'd give him even odds in the H2H match as well.

Really? The UV grenades that have worked on vampires with sunlight weaknesses just fine?
    Just because Blade's 'nades work just fine on vamps in his world do NOT imply that they work on others, since sooooooo mannnnnny vampires throughout fiction don't show a weakness to UV, but to sunlight, as it's linked to their mystical curse/blessing/thingy. Plus, Morbius is not, as mentioned, a Marvel vampire.

BANNED

Fighting vamps stronger, tougher, and faster than him is basically Blade's schtick.
    This doesn't necessarily mean much if the vamp has such a strength/speed/toughness advantage that it renders Blade irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Plus, Morbius is not, as mentioned, a Marvel vampire.
    Not technically, but he is from Marvel and has a definite weakness to sunlight. I believe that's close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    This doesn't necessarily mean much if the vamp has such a strength/speed/toughness advantage that it renders Blade irrelevant.
    Then it's a good thing Morbius doesn't. As I mentioned, Blade has kept up with him on many occasions, and usually gets the upper hand. Hell, he even got a power boost from Morbius' bite once. If you want feats, I've got loads of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Morbius can hang with Spider-Man, so I'm thinking he stomps Blade.
    Blade can hang with Spiderman. And when he was going through an experiment that was draining his blood. His punches still hurt Spiderman.

35F6FE48-C2E8-4F32-8F9E-4BB2C24F5729.jpg

“The pain of Blades last punch is helping me concentrate.”

For what it's worth, they have fought before, in Adventures Into Fear #24:

http://swords-and-veeblefetzers.blog...o-fear-24.html

Based on that fight, Morbius wins easily. Also, that issue emphasizes that Morbius isn't a conventional vampire and lacks their weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    For what it's worth, they have fought before, in Adventures Into Fear #24:

http://swords-and-veeblefetzers.blog...o-fear-24.html

Based on that fight, Morbius wins easily. Also, that issue emphasizes that Morbius isn't a conventional vampire and lacks their weaknesses.
    Yea easily... :rolleyes:

Morbius hasn’t fought current Blade, and Blade has held up against him before. And Blade isn’t a conventional vampire either.

image hosting
    Last edited by Vanguard; 12-29-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Morbius only resembles a vampire. He isn't a vampire, which is why he lacks the vast majority of regular vampire weaknesses. Morbius does drink blood, and direct sunlight gives him a painful sunburn, but otherwise, he is simply a scary-looking superhuman with physical stats and intellect that put him on about the same level as Spider-man. If it helps, think about his origin: Morbius wasn't bitten by anything, he got his powers from a combination of bat blood and a massive jolt of electricity.
    Drinks blood not a fan of sunlight he's a vampire just a different kind.