Default Dog Days of Summer - Wonder Woman and Ferdinand

A one-shot I almost overlooked in the March solicits:

Dog Days of Summer

'Who let the dogs out?' DC does this summer as we unleash the beast within and join Krypto and Superman, Bat-Cow and Batman, Wonder Woman and Ferdinand and many more for eight sun-kissed stories in this can't-miss animal-sized spectacular!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Even better: art by Stjepan Sejic.

today's workload: finish a cover for @lionforge

and design 3 brand new crazy cool wonder woman villains

challenge... accepted!
    i am doing a 10 page wonder woman short for dog days of summer but other than that i'm overloaded until next year
    Not sure who is writing, but the solicit lists G Willow Wilson in the writer list, and I'm not sure a one-shot author would go for designing three "brand new crazy cool wonder woman villains".
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Definitely excited for this! Love Stjepan Seijic's art, and always love more Ferdinand!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Sejic's art is a quantum leap from what we've been getting on the regular title. If Wilson is writing it, it will be neat to see how her writing meshes with good art for a change.

Yet more new villains instead of revamping old ones would be annoying, but Wilson gets some leeway after using Giganta and Cale. Plus, Sejic will no doubt have some great designs for them.

As much as I love Ferdinand I'd rather this featured Jumpa instead, Ferdinand isn't a pet and I don't think of him as an "animal".

BANNED

Bat-cow... i will never understand its appeal... I want a story where joker cuts its throat (detailed art here) and roasts it, and eats it...

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Bat-cow... i will never understand its appeal... I want a story where joker cuts its throat (detailed art here) and roasts it, and eats it...
    It's deeply silly, but if one can't have silliness now and again in superhero comics, why bother? In any case, here are some comments from Stjepan Sejic and G Willow Wilson regarding the story.

Stjepan: tomorrow i'm finishing my last ever comic where i'm only an artist. from there on out i'm sticking to my own writing /art combo. but you know what, a fun short tale of wonder woman and her minotaur friend is a high point to bow out in my book!

ferdinand is friggin adorable XD
    G Willow Wilson: (I love it so much)
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    As much as I love Ferdinand I'd rather this featured Jumpa instead, Ferdinand isn't a pet and I don't think of him as an "animal".

I was thinking the exact same thing. Plus - 3 new villains? Why does Wonder Woman need 3 new villains when 75%(or more) of her existing rogues have been sitting in limbo for a decade or more? Is there some ban on using the Wonder-rogues beyond Cheetah, Giganta, Silver Swan, Dr. Pyscho, Dr. Poison, Dr. Cyber, and Veronica Cale?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.