Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Martian Manhunter vs Thor

Rebirth J'onn vs 616 Thor
    No BFR
    Who Wins?

Who do you think wins?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

no tp and no thinking. that's standard rumble conditions as set by the colonel.

Superman beats Thor in a Rumbles setting courtesy of VASTLY superior speed.

Martian Manhunter is basically Superman with intangibility, invisibility, telekinesis and telepathy.

Hope this helps.

Isn't Rebirth J'onn also STUPIDLY stronger than his Post-Crisis self ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I haven't read any rebirth, but ISTR discussion here mentioning that he doesn't have any appreciable speed anymore. If that's the case, many versions of Thor ought to have a shot thanks to various esoterics, plus it flips the speed question dramatically.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Isn't Rebirth J'onn also STUPIDLY stronger than his Post-Crisis self ?
    Portrayals vary (because comics) but generally I'd say so. He and Superman moved that bigger than earth ship together and there were various references to him being a League level team wrecker. He stomped Despero, too.

But big is also correct. I have yet to see appreciable super speed from him and he does have the fire weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    no tp and no thinking. that's standard rumble conditions as set by the colonel.
    He forgot to say "No telepathy" and I'm in before the edit if there is one. Or does he never post in the thread? Anyway, as KJS said, the Martian Manhunter is basically Superman with a half dozen extra powers including a mind whammy and intangibility but the speed alone would be enough.
    Power with Girl is better.

Idk if Rebirth Jonn is same as nu 52 Jonn or how much of new 52 is even canon. Regardless dude is still powerful enough to be part of a moonbusting effort. Not that he needs that here, TP Thor ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    He forgot to say "No telepathy" and I'm in before the edit if there is one. Or does he never post in the thread? Anyway, as KJS said, the Martian Manhunter is basically Superman with a half dozen extra powers including a mind whammy and intangibility but the speed alone would be enough.
    He only posts if something gets in the way of what he wants people to say for him for how the fight goes.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Idk if Rebirth Jonn is same as nu 52 Jonn or how much of new 52 is even canon. Regardless dude is still powerful enough to be part of a moonbusting effort. Not that he needs that here, TP Thor ftw
    That's true, dude did slam into the moon, which alongside some bombs Batman had implanted in it destroyed the thing.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

We need to figure out the speed thing: if he's got no speed at all, any competent Thor isn't going to have any problem at all making a fire with his vastly superior-than-human speed, and winning.

Of course, if MM has speed, it's a mind-whammy slaughter. And if this is CURRENT Thor, we may not really be able to call the guy competent.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Side-note, but I miss the classic Thor character design. I know bearded, armoured Thor looks a little more badass (despite his current doofusery), but a) I’m a bit old-school, and b) there’s very little point in wearing armour that’s much less durable than you are.

It’s like me going out and getting into a fight and being surprised when my opponent somehow manages to get through my armour made of damp tissue-paper.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    We need to figure out the speed thing: if he's got no speed at all, any competent Thor isn't going to have any problem at all making a fire with his vastly superior-than-human speed, and winning.

Of course, if MM has speed, it's a mind-whammy slaughter. And if this is CURRENT Thor, we may not really be able to call the guy competent.
    When has Thor ever spammed superspeed fire? He generally needs to raise the hammer and twirl around a bit to even get the lightning going. Thor being able to move fast is one thing, Thor's hammer being able to spam energy attacks is another and Thor's hammer instantly creating fire before the other guy can think is on a whole 'nother level, especially when "instant fire" is not one of the powers generally associated with the magic lightning hammer

This without going to that the modern Martian Mamhunter is hardly likely to collapse at one quickfire attack (pardon the pun), even from Thor, certainly not before getting off at least one thought

At which point it's the intangible invisible shapeshifter class 100 taking his time toying with Thor before finishing him off any number of ways, some of them not even requiring TP

I mean the hammer is gonna spin as fast as Thor can spin it. Which ... yknow.

That Thor is seemingly? a lot faster than this version of J'onn. He should be able to get something out before the guy can do his thing ?

No idea beyond that what that does, or why; but that bit shouldn't be a sticking point.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan