Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

It is like pg 5 of this piece of crap and I am already in a "kill me now" mood..

spoilers:
    So not only Ric is not Nightwing anymore, he gets to be "commandeered" by the fake-Nightwings to do their bidding and do heroics as he continues to talk about how stupid it is to wear a costume, wear a mask and be called a hero... He lost some major amount of braincells and iq with that headshot I think. And gosh the humility of it all

And it is grease paint he is putting on his face. Guess when it is not a "mask" but grease paint it makes all the sense in the world for him... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................

This all just makes me want to see all those cops dead (and no way Bruce would let them run around like that... Nor would he totally ignore Dick) but I want Blüdhaven to get blown up. I am starting to empathize with the maniacal villains in comics, it is scary:P

ohh, his new teammates are referring to him as "the cabbie". Guess that is his new code name, given he is not cool enough to be one of the lame Nightwings. Wonderful.

"when I try to help people everyone tries to tell me how" that is so that you don't get your stupid amnesiac self killed, you moron. So glad you feel closer to Joker's daughter for that...

and you are seeing a "stranger" when you look at your father because you had your brains blown out, not because he was an absentee father who abandoned you (though right now he does seem to have. gosh bat-office, you suck on so many levels trying to cater to the wishes of one diva writer). You don't "move on", you try to reconnect with the man you know to be your father and you know to have cared for you and loved you all these years.

"you are leaving? I'll make time" Ok, that kind of made me lol. Ric is such a jerk though.

Wait! He just called Babs "Babs" again. Don't think he did that ever as Ric before that... Is there some hope, after all? And hey, at least he thanked her for being ther for him.

"Dick would be proud of you" Don't bs the guy Babs, Dick would not be proud of being a homeless cabbie whose idea of having a life is to drink and gamble as he likes...
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    There’ve been quite a few of these kind of events within the Batfam that should’ve caused some reaction from the rest of the family but ended up was entirely ignored since Rebirth started.

As is, I’m not even sure if the entire Batfamily is even aware of what happened to Dick.
    Yeah, heaven forbid any of them should actually mention it on one of THEIR precious pages. Although Dick's own book is the primary place to deal with the solving of this "problem", most people do ask after members of their families from time to time.

There’ve been quite a few of these kind of events within the Batfam that should’ve caused some reaction from the rest of the family but ended up was entirely ignored since Rebirth started.

As is, I’m not even sure if the entire Batfamily is even aware of what happened to Dick.
    Yes and No. This isn't like Alfred getting hurt, Bruce beating up Jason or Jason beating up Damian. Those are incidents that should have caused a reaction from other members but I give them a pass because thing's bounced back quick and moved on. Those story didn't linger/focus on the fallout.

The Ric story lingers. It is the fallout of Dick getting Shot.

This story is still happening. It covers a longer period of time.
    it's hard for me to believe that Jason and Damian haven't called Dick when it's being established that they do make social calls to him. Heck I can buy Jason not showing and I don't expect tim to show up but to write that something like this happens to Dick and Damian hasn't shown / Bruce is just accepting it is crap. It's not believable.

The batfamily hasn't been a solid unit so much in Rebirth but Dick and Damian, they've been close. They've been the one solid family unit.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-21-2019 at 03:46 AM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Yes and No. This isn't like Alfred getting hurt, Bruce beating up Jason or Jason beating up Damian. Those are incidents that should have caused a reaction from other members but I give them a pass because thing's bounced back quick and moved on. Those story didn't linger/focus on the fallout.

The Ric story lingers. It is the fallout of Dick getting Shot.

This story is still happening. It covers a longer period of time.
    it's hard for me to believe that Jason and Damian haven't called Dick when it's being established that they do make social calls to him. Heck I can buy Jason not showing and I don't expect tim to show up but to write that something like this happens to Dick and Damian hasn't shown / Bruce is just accepting it is crap. It's not believable.

The batfamily hasn't been a solid unit so much in Rebirth but Dick and Damian, they've been close. They've been the one solid family unit.
    For all of its faults, the new 52 did a much better job at making the Batfam feel like a solid unit than Rebirth has.

The only in universe reason I can think of to explain why more Batfam members haven’t reached out to Dick is because they don’t know. I can’t see them allowing Ric to do his thing for this long by himself for any other reason.

Extraordinary Member

The only in universe reason I can think of to explain why more Batfam members haven’t reached out to Dick is because they don’t know.
    The events of the different Batfamily books anyway seem not to really line up which each other at the moment.
    Dick was irrc there have passed several month between Dick getting shot and the stat of the "Ric arc". In the other books there hasn't passed this much time imo. The last issue of Nightwing is for example clearly set in winter, thats not the case with any of the other books at the moment (Red Hood seemed to be set in late summer or in fall during the last issues).

And I'm really wondering how Jason being allready back in Gotham is supposed to line up with what is happening in Batman at the moment.
    Last edited by Aahz; 03-21-2019 at 04:14 AM.

Has been anything post-shot being mentioned outside NW's book? Because maybe this is all happening in Dick's head and that's why no one in the family seems to be unaware of it: because Dick is in some kind of coma and he just barely remembers Babs and some other scattered stuff (not a fan of the idea, but eh, an idea nevertheless).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-21-2019 at 04:38 AM.

For all of its faults, the new 52 did a much better job at making the Batfam feel like a solid unit than Rebirth has.

The only in universe reason I can think of to explain why more Batfam members haven’t reached out to Dick is because they don’t know. I can’t see them allowing Ric to do his thing for this long by himself for any other reason.
    I don't know New 52 gave us some coordination but it began the pattern of distancing batman from 'the family' The main Batman title has been penned by 2 writers who are not interesting in stories about a Batman with a family outside Alfred. King's Batman run is pretty much isolate the Bat.

One thing thing is clear DC doesn't mind so long as they are making money and the bat office doesn't care
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-21-2019 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Has been anything post-shot being mentioned outside NW's book? Because maybe this is all happening in Dick's head and that's why no one in the family seems to be unaware of it: because Dick is in some kind of coma and he just barely remembers Babs and some other scattered stuff (not a fan of the idea, but eh, an idea nevertheless).

"Ric" hasnt been mentioned, no. We had Gordon inquire about Dick's well-being and reassuring Batman he had men with similar injuries who made complete recoveries and we had Titans mention Dick being in critical condition after being shot but no further mentions...

i wilsh this crap was all in Dick's head... but they did have "Ric" have nightmares of faceless Batgirl and Damian being killed off etc which seems to indicate this is him in real life... Happy to.write them off as dreams within dreams though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The events of the different Batfamily books anyway seem not to really line up which each other at the moment.
    Dick was irrc there have passed several month between Dick getting shot and the stat of the "Ric arc". In the other books there hasn't passed this much time imo. The last issue of Nightwing is for example clearly set in winter, thats not the case with any of the other books at the moment (Red Hood seemed to be set in late summer or in fall during the last issues).

And I'm really wondering how Jason being allready back in Gotham is supposed to line up with what is happening in Batman at the moment.
    yeah i am not sure where each book is timewise. not even sure if Batman issues are in order like when they had the mini crossover with Flash in the middle of the Knightmares, i think that is supposed to be after the break-up with Catwoman but before Dick is shot. and Knightmares.is after Dick is shot.

Detective might be before Dick is shot too?

i feel everyone is waiting for King to get on with his story and till he does they are all taking place in an ambigious world where Dick didnt yet got shot or got shot just recently. While Nightwing made a time jump to deal with amnesia with no certain time framw given to how long.
    Last edited by Schumiac; 03-21-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    yeah i am not sure where each book is timewise. not even sure if Batman issues are in order like when they had the mini crossover with Flash in the middle of the Knightmares, i think that is supposed to be after the break-up with Catwoman but before Dick is shot. and Knightmares.is after Dick is shot.

Detective might be before Dick is shot too?

i feel everyone is waiting for King to get on with his story and till he does they are all taking place in an ambigious world where Dick didnt yet got shot or got shot just recently. While Nightwing made a time jump to deal with amnesia with no certain time framw given to how long.
    I think Tec is set after the shooting because Alfred was targeted after Dick [right?] and that's reflected in Tec. The Time line is a mess.

@ Zaresh I'd be happy for it to be a dream but it's still many issues wasted on a lacklustre and frankly insulting dream.

I think Tec is set after the shooting because Alfred was targeted after Dick [right?] and that's reflected in Tec. The Time line is a mess.

@ Zaresh I'd be happy for it to be a dream but it's still many issues wasted on a lacklustre and frankly insulting dream.
    wasnt that revealed to be all a simulation? like we had Alfred beong attacked in Batman by Thomas it seemed like... and then in Tec he was hurt and Damian operated on him etc and all that turned out to be a simulation afterall? (the parts in Tec, i mean.)

i swear i cant keep up with their mangled timelines anymore
    Last edited by Schumiac; 03-21-2019 at 11:29 AM.

wasnt that revealed to be all a simulation? like we had Alfred beong attacked in Batman by Thomas it seemed like... and then in Tec he was hurt and Damian operated on him etc and all that turned out to be a simulation afterall? (the parts in Tec, i mean.)

i swear i cant keep up with their mangled timelines anymore
    I'm not sure. I'm yet to catch up on Tec [the Damian issue was the last issue I read] and i dropped Batman after Dick got shot. It was all the simulation?! Aah they pulled Tomasi into this stalling for time.

No wonder Damian in that Tec issue looked the way he did. Like something out of the Twilight Zone.

I'm not sure. I'm yet to catch up on Tec [the Damian issue was the last issue I read] and i dropped Batman after Dick got shot. It was all the simulation?! Aah they pulled Tomasi into this stalling for time.

No wonder Damian in that Tec issue looked the way he did. Like something out of the Twilight Zone.
    I kind of skim and scan the batman titles myself, esp as i cant stand King's self-indulgent pompous Knightmares but yeah Tec revealed the recent issues there were part of a simulation..apparently Bruce puts himself through a "worse nightmares happening" kind of simulation every birthday to prepare himself for the worst blah blah -it is all crazy. Damian kind of noted that too- and the last few issues of Tec was actually that. and that is exactly what i thought, that they are making even Tomasi stall for King's sake but he at least tried to go about it wtihout damaging the character too much (though i think the simulation thing itself is rather troublesome and bad but it is on par with the recent characterization of Batman where he he is obsessive and dark and grim so...)
    Last edited by Schumiac; 03-21-2019 at 12:07 PM.

It is like pg 5 of this piece of crap and I am already in a "kill me now" mood..

spoilers:
    So not only Ric is not Nightwing anymore, he gets to be "commandeered" by the fake-Nightwings to do their bidding and do heroics as he continues to talk about how stupid it is to wear a costume, wear a mask and be called a hero... He lost some major amount of braincells and iq with that headshot I think. And gosh the humility of it all

And it is grease paint he is putting on his face. Guess when it is not a "mask" but grease paint it makes all the sense in the world for him... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................

This all just makes me want to see all those cops dead (and no way Bruce would let them run around like that... Nor would he totally ignore Dick) but I want Blüdhaven to get blown up. I am starting to empathize with the maniacal villains in comics, it is scary:P

ohh, his new teammates are referring to him as "the cabbie". Guess that is his new code name, given he is not cool enough to be one of the lame Nightwings. Wonderful.

"when I try to help people everyone tries to tell me how" that is so that you don't get your stupid amnesiac self killed, you moron. So glad you feel closer to Joker's daughter for that...

and you are seeing a "stranger" when you look at your father because you had your brains blown out, not because he was an absentee father who abandoned you (though right now he does seem to have. gosh bat-office, you suck on so many levels trying to cater to the wishes of one diva writer). You don't "move on", you try to reconnect with the man you know to be your father and you know to have cared for you and loved you all these years.

"you are leaving? I'll make time" Ok, that kind of made me lol. Ric is such a jerk though.

Wait! He just called Babs "Babs" again. Don't think he did that ever as Ric before that... Is there some hope, after all? And hey, at least he thanked her for being ther for him.

"Dick would be proud of you" Don't bs the guy Babs, Dick would not be proud of being a homeless cabbie whose idea of having a life is to drink and gamble as he likes...
    end of spoilers
    It's getting harder and harder to believe the writers aren't straight up insulting Dick Grayson and his fans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    It's getting harder and harder to believe the writers aren't straight up insulting Dick Grayson and his fans
    They're just doing what the boss tells them, what they think will be approved and get them paid. I can't blame a guy for trying to feed his family. Didio, on the other hand, seems to be wallowing in his fanboy hatred of Dick Grayson and his fans; he's finally getting to indulge himself. He's said he wants to be the most hated man in comics and he's working hard on earning that title.