Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Lobdell does better when any expectations are in ground.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-19-2019 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Glad I bailed on this nonsense. Every month, solicitations are essentially my Groundhog Day; Ric Grayson? Another month I'm not reading Nightwing.

It's a shame because he's my favorite character, but I refuse to buy in to this sort of character assassination.
    Same. Exact same. Been saving my money for about 3 months now, and look to be saving it for at least another 3 or 4.

That's fine, it gives me the chance to try a couple things from Marvel.

Lobdell probably does well when it is a character he loves and enjoys to write. He obviously could care less for Dick. I don't care what editorial is forcing him to do, this kind of bad lazy storytelling shows a lack of interest and care for the character which goes beyond editorial getting in the way.

Lobdell got to use Joker's Daughter that he has some weird fascination with. So it feels like he got to do what he wanted just under the Ric umbrella.

But remember Lobdell is just plotting and not scripting this because he can't be bothered too do more than that, and I honestly can't blame him.

Her design looks so much better on the cover. Also "I'm so trigger happy you stopped." I have no words to describe how stupid that line is.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Why couldn’t they manage at least a new design for Joker’s Daughter. Oh, I know. Everybody on this books sucks.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-19-2019 at 06:36 PM.

BANNED

Every month seems to get worse. Yeah, Lobdell is doing a fantastic job with Jason, but he's been able to nurture the character since his return--his pride really shows. As for Dick, any writer knows he'll only be on the book a month or two at best, and The Boss WANTS to see the character dragged through the ever-deepening mud. What else is there to do? If you try to stand up and protect the character, you're tossed out.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    when is this nightmare going to end
    Does Titans season 2 have a date, sine they are trying line everything up I would assume by launch nightwing will be back

They didn’t do anything when Titans season 1 was released, so I don’t see why they would do something for season 2. The current Batoffice could give a crap what Dick has going on in other media. Honestly I think it offends them even
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-19-2019 at 09:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    They didn’t do anything when Titans season 1 was released, so I don’t see why they would do something for season 2. The current Batoffice could give a crap what Dick has going on in other media. Honestly I think it offends them even
    Well, if I was Didio and trying to destroy a character that offended my personal fanboy sensitivities, I wouldn't care what Warner Brothers is doing, either.

To anybody still reading it, are we getting any closer to the end? Memory kind of coming back? Things lining up for Dick’s return? Or is it still full blown Ric total amnesia?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Nightwing didnt appear in the flesh Dick grayson did, live action shows tend to be more influential on the public then comics are
    which would explain the immediate aesthetic changes that happened to
    supergirl , Green Arrow when their shows launch even Injustice's 2 lineup was mainly made to fit the chracters being used in Arrowverse
    Also seeing a team like Doom Patrol appearing out of nowhere in comcis all of a sudden just due to their live action debut

Its the only Hope I got left okay Unfortunaley I dont think Titans season 2 will be available until 2020 Jan

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    To anybody still reading it, are we getting any closer to the end? Memory kind of coming back? Things lining up for Dick’s return? Or is it still full blown Ric total amnesia?
    spoilers:
    so apparently hes cool with this life and feels hes 100% finally just Ric Grayson. Barbara accepted it and the new issue ends with Babs saying that Dick would be proud of Ric and she leaves Bludhaven and him alone now. He also mentions that Bruce Wayne is just a stranger to him now in this issue.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    spoilers:
    so apparently hes cool with this life and feels hes 100% finally just Ric Grayson. Barbara accepted it and the new issue ends with Babs saying that Dick would be proud of Ric and she leaves Bludhaven and him alone now. He also mentions that Bruce Wayne is just a stranger to him now in this issue.
    end of spoilers
    Thats insulting. Whatever.

Like I said, doubling down on stupid. At this point the creators are clearly closing their eyes and covering their ears so they can force this bullcrap, unoriginal, lazy, idea regardless of anything. The people on this book are the bottom of the barrel. Any lazy road they can take, they take. Shame on them all.