Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

when is this nightmare going to end

Shame on everybody involved on this garbage. They continue to just double down on stupid.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-18-2019 at 07:35 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Glad I bailed on this nonsense. Every month, solicitations are essentially my Groundhog Day; Ric Grayson? Another month I'm not reading Nightwing.

It's a shame because he's my favorite character, but I refuse to buy in to this sort of character assassination.

I am honestly surprised that DC has let this go on this far.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I am honestly surprised that DC has let this go on this far.
    I'm not. I imagine Didio blows into a vuvuzela and shotguns a fifth of Johnny Walker black label every time solicits are posted. He's loving every minute of it.

Incredible Member

I've accepted this tbh. I don't even look for it when the solicits come out anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I've accepted this tbh. I don't even look for it when the solicits come out anymore.
    I'm sure the new direction will be announced with much fanfare before the solicit hits, if only just before. Solicit releases are meaningless to me at this point.

What makes me most mad is he is a Taxi Driver, DC has removed disregarded any skill Dick Grayson has both as a superhero and a human. He actually had talent outside of superhero in the Golden Age

Its not even current with ride sharing now a days. Might as well have him invest in a Block Buster while they’re at it.

Dick went from operating as a agent in Spyral and about to face off against all the major spy agencies on his own (not part of some shitty tie in with another book) with groups like ARGUS, Checkmate, SHADE, LoS, and various Wildstorm characters to moving to Bludhaven to work as a councilor to now him working as a homeless Taxi driver. The fall to this when put into that context is astounding to me.

Still, we have to wait until there is enough issues for a second volume now and to stretch out this story until King gets to where he wants in his Batman book where Dick is allowed to come out of his forced isolation.

Also I believe this Ric arc might be the longest Nightwing arc since the start of the New 52. I guess it might qualify more as a "direction change" more than an "arc" probably, then it isn't the longest, but so far whatever this is is scheduled to go on for at least 12 issues. It is a bit crazy to think how much ground was covered in 12 issues of Grayson to this Ric acr where it feels like barely anything has happened.

1 have zero enthusiasm for anything from the batverse outside of Tec. I wish I was pulling RHATO just so I could drop it as payback to Lobdell for this t**t of a story

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Dick went from operating as a agent in Spyral and about to face off against all the major spy agencies on his own (not part of some shitty tie in with another book) with groups like ARGUS, Checkmate, SHADE, LoS, and various Wildstorm characters to moving to Bludhaven to work as a councilor to now him working as a homeless Taxi driver. The fall to this when put into that context is astounding to me.

Still, we have to wait until there is enough issues for a second volume now and to stretch out this story until King gets to where he wants in his Batman book where Dick is allowed to come out of his forced isolation.

Also I believe this Ric arc might be the longest Nightwing arc since the start of the New 52. I guess it might qualify more as a "direction change" more than an "arc" probably, then it isn't the longest, but so far whatever this is is scheduled to go on for at least 12 issues. It is a bit crazy to think how much ground was covered in 12 issues of Grayson to this Ric acr where it feels like barely anything has happened.
    God I miss grayson. Dick had his own corner and mattered to 5he dcu beyond batman and titans.

But re-nostalgia-birth won.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 03-19-2019 at 02:29 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post

This could go on longer than "Grayson", given the glacier pace of "storytelling." Didio is probably loving this so much that he'll want to keep it going as long as possible. The hair on MY scalp is growing out faster than Ric's.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    1 have zero enthusiasm for anything from the batverse outside of Tec. I wish I was pulling RHATO just so I could drop it as payback to Lobdell for this t**t of a story
    RHATO is actually really good. Lobdell does well when given free reign which I don't think this is.