Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Yeah... this storyline is definitely getting stale. If "Ric" wants to be done with Nightwing so badly, then cancel the book already (or replace him with someone like Tim). No, I don't WANT Tim to be Nightwing over Dick, but I'd rather see the Nightwing character at least alive and kicking in Batman's world then to have a group of cops pretending to be Nightwings. Perhaps it's time to retire Dick for a while...let him live a normal life until he gets his memories back and becomes the man we all love to read about. I also hope that when he returns he gets rid of the awful blue swirls on his legs... don't know why but that design bugs the crap outta me.

Thats what Ric was saying he wanted, a normal life as a homeless man, yet at every opportunity he contradicts himself. Now he feels alive when he puts filth on his face and teams up with the Nightwings. It’s asinine. They are just making **** up as they go with Ric’s character, and then forget themselves what they made up. Even here he goes on about how he doesn’t get it, yet here he is right next to them charging in with his filth face.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-20-2019 at 10:21 AM.

spoilers:
    Did anyone else feel like Barbara's whole "I was so busy thinking about Dick that I never gave Ric a chance" speech was supposed to be some sort of jab at the readers? Cuz that whole undeserved apology felt exactly like that to me XD
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Blue22; 03-20-2019 at 09:52 AM.

BANNED

Isn't it ALL one big jab at the readers?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    spoilers:
    Did anyone else feel like Barbara's whole "I was so busy thinking about Dick that I never gave Ric a chance" speech was supposed to be some sort of jab at the readers? Cuz that whole undeserved apology felt exactly like that to me XD
    end of spoilers
    Oh totally, same with Ric’s speech to Duela. Again, bottom of the barrel here.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-20-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    That what Ric was saying he wanted, a normal life as a homeless man, yet at every opportunity he contradicts himself. Now he feels alive when he puts filth on his face and teams up with the Nightwings. It’s asinine. They are just making **** up as they go with Ric’s character, and then forget themselves what they made up. Even here he goes on about how he doesn’t get it, yet here is right next to them charging in with his filth face.
    They are writing this down at the pub between rounds

Meanwhile....has Damian ever once even acknowledged what's going on with Dick? I know he's busy with his little band of failures...I mean, Titans....but this is the guy who was more of a father to him than his own father. Why has Babs been the only one continuously trying to reach Dick? Where the hell are Damian and Tim during all of this?

I doubt any other creators want to touch this Ric story and are happy ignoring it. So people like Damian aren't going to show up, even though he should and beat **** out of Ric because of how dumb he is being.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I doubt any other creators want to touch this Ric story and are happy ignoring it. So people like Damian aren't going to show up, even though he should and beat **** out of Ric because of how dumb he is being.
    That would make for a nice end to this story. Damian shows up and snaps Ric outta this bullshit.

BANNED

I believe this garbage won't make it to deluxe, 'cause it won't sell, even if it makes it to deluxe. I'm kind of a completest but no....

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Meanwhile....has Damian ever once even acknowledged what's going on with Dick? I know he's busy with his little band of failures...I mean, Titans....but this is the guy who was more of a father to him than his own father. Why has Babs been the only one continuously trying to reach Dick? Where the hell are Damian and Tim during all of this?
    Like you said, Damian’s a bit busy at the moment while Tim told the Batfam to kick rocks losers before running off to gem world to play with his friends

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Like you said, Damian’s a bit busy at the moment while Tim told the Batfam to kick rocks losers before running off to gem world to play with his friends
    The only Batfam member that has been stable this past decade has been Batgirl.

If everyone in the batverse were written in character Ric would need to buy sleeping bags because Damian, Dick, Babs and Alfred would be there looking after him and researching how to science or magic his memory back.
    Jason and Tim would have shown up as well to help.

We wouldn't have randos running around dressed as Nightwings. The Bat corps would be on it.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-21-2019 at 03:24 AM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    If everyone in the batverse were written in character Ric would need to buy sleeping bags because Damian, Dick, Babs and Alfred would be there looking after him and researching how to science or magic his memory back.
    Jason and Tim would have shown up as well to help.

We wouldn't randos running around dressed as Nightwings. The Bat corps would be on it.
    There’ve been quite a few of these kind of events within the Batfam that should’ve caused some reaction from the rest of the family but ended up was entirely ignored since Rebirth started.

As is, I’m not even sure if the entire Batfamily is even aware of what happened to Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    spoilers:
    so apparently hes cool with this life and feels hes 100% finally just Ric Grayson. Barbara accepted it and the new issue ends with Babs saying that Dick would be proud of Ric and she leaves Bludhaven and him alone now. He also mentions that Bruce Wayne is just a stranger to him now in this issue.
    end of spoilers
    Sorry I asked I can't believe it's not at least starting to wind down. Wow.