Default Tom Bombadil vs The Anti-Life Equation

Given how Tom Bombadil was easily able to resist or flat out immune to the effects of the One Ring, how would fare against the domination/controlling effects of someone wielding The Anti-Life Equation?

And who would be the weakest living sentient being that could flat out no-sell the Anti-Life Equation?

Bombadil has little to suggest he can resist the ALE

Weakest being, probably idk full power Spectre or someone

Last edited by The Dork Knight; 03-19-2019 at 07:20 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Bombadil's resistance to the Ring seems to come from a combination of....

1. Being somewhere of the same region as Sauron in terms of origin and power (I'm not saying he's Sauron's equal, but he's more in that range than, for example, ordinary mortals);
    2. Not giving craps about much.

Basically, the point is made that Tom isn't some guy with some herculean anti-control thing going for him that puts him waaaay out of Sauron's league. No, he's some mysterious power (likely a Maia) who doesn't have much in the way of levers to pull.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

To quote Tolkien;

The story is cast in terms of a good side, and a bad side, beauty against ruthless ugliness, tyranny against kingship, moderated freedom with consent against compulsion that has long lost any object save mere power, and so on; but both sides in some degree, conservative or destructive, want a measure of control. but if you have, as it were taken 'a vow of poverty', renounced control, and take your delight in things for themselves without reference to yourself, watching, observing, and to some extent knowing, then the question of the rights and wrongs of power and control might become utterly meaningless to you, and the means of power quite valueless. It is a natural pacifist view, which always arises in the mind when there is a war. But the view of Rivendell seems to be that it is an excellent thing to have represented, but that there are in fact things with which it cannot cope; and upon which its existence nonetheless depends. Ultimately only the victory of the West will allow Bombadil to continue, or even to survive. Nothing would be left for him in the world of Sauron.
    The Ring doesn't affect Bombadil because he doesn't have the desire for control that the Ring plays on. If confronted by Sauron himself, who rather than play on one's own desire for control imposes his own will, he likely wouldn't fare so well.

It also means that he doesn't really have significant showings against most form of mental powers throughout fiction.
    Last edited by Siriel; 03-21-2019 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Bombadil has little to suggest he can resist the ALE

Weakest being, probably idk full power Spectre or someone
    I don't know, what if Barry Allen kisses him?

(I will never let Final Crisis go, no ;p Anti Life, and also magic Flash kisses, justifies my hate ;p)
    Last edited by Pendaran; 03-21-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I don't know, what if Barry Allen kisses him?

(I will never let Final Crisis go, no ;p Anti Life, and also magic Flash kisses, justifies my hate ;p)
    Barry Allen, Christopher Reeve Superman, Rogue, Thor, and Wonder Woman need to start a super team where they solve all their fights with smooches.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Barry Allen, Christopher Reeve Superman, Rogue, Thor, and Wonder Woman need to start a super team where they solve all their fights with smooches.
    "Restraining Orders, Assemble!" ;p

(that is the team name. That is also the paperwork they have to gather and read through before they go out to fight crime on a given day)

BANNED

I wonder how many will get into a criminal life for the privilege of getting kissed by them.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 03-21-2019 at 10:52 PM.