Default Toy Story 4 trailer

I'm really indifferent about this. I remember when number 4 was announced, and I just didn't think it was necessary. I still remember seeing the first one in theaters. I think I was 8 or something. These toys are almost 25 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post

I'm really indifferent about this. I remember when number 4 was announced, and I just didn't think it was necessary. I still remember seeing the first one in theaters. I think I was 8 or something. These toys are almost 25 years old.
    I'm willing to bet twenty bucks we'll hear Disney went "SJW" with Bo Peep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    It's inevitable, really. Which is funny considering she was the voice of reason in the first movie.

I hope Bo Peep ends up being accused of being SJW, because that will mean the movie actually took a stand on something rather than being just another movie about these toys.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Movie looks interesting.

Oh. please no. Captain Marvel exhausted all the (very little) patience I had for that kind of crap.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Movie looks interesting.

Oh. please no. The Last Jedi exhausted all the (very little) patience I had for that kind of crap.
    Fixed that for you.

I am interested to see how they end the Toy Story series and given how both Tom Hanks and Tim Allen have hyped the ending as being this super emotional thing, I have no choice but to see this. Most of the crowd will be adults who grew up with these movies etc lol. But one very interesting theory is that the villain/ antagonist of this movie ( possibly Bo) hatches a plan that reveal toys to the humans ( like they did to Sid in the first movie). This leads to a panic and toys are banned. This leads Woody and the gang on a journey to undo the mess by calling for all the toys to shut themselves down forever ( default toy). But there is a emotional scene where Woody reveals himself to the college aged/ adult Andy hence the emotional ending they were talking about.

That’s obvious not the way the movie will go, but that’s one heck of theory and ending to the Toy Story franchise. Honestly, I would like to see them go on a route explaining how the toys became living beings and maybe a thread of humans discovering they are alive.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 03-19-2019 at 06:21 PM.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I am interested to see how they end the Toy Story series and given how both Tom Hanks and Tim Allen have hyped the ending as being this super emotional thing, I have no choice but to see this. Most of the crowd will be adults who grew up with these movies etc lol. But one very interesting theory is that the villain/ antagonist of this movie ( possibly Bo) hatches a plan that reveal toys to the humans ( like they did to Sid in the first movie). This leads to a panic and toys are banned. This leads Woody and the gang on a journey to undo the mess by calling for all the toys to shut themselves down forever ( default toy). But there is a emotional scene where Woody reveals himself to the college aged/ adult Andy hence the emotional ending they were talking about.

That’s obvious not the way the movie will go, but that’s one heck of theory and ending to the Toy Story franchise. Honestly, I would like to see them go on a route explaining how the toys became living beings and maybe a thread of humans discovering they are alive.
    That sounds way too out there for the Toy Story franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    That sounds way too out there for the Toy Story franchise.
    That’s true. But some elements of that theory don’t seem too far fetched. I could see Bo being somewhat of an antagonist since she was sold by Andy’s Mom or Andy himself in a yard sale. So she could have some resimentment there. Also, it could be emotional ending or moment if Woody did reveal himself to Andy.

But I suspect the movie follows a plot similar to Toy Story 2 given the new trailer. Woody has to made a difficult choice of going back to Bonney or staying with Bo at that carnival.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 03-19-2019 at 07:17 PM.

I've never thought I would say this, but the movie looks absolutely amazing.

When I first heart that they were making Toy Story 4, I was like, why? The series had a perfect ending with the third entry. But it seems like they know what they're doing.

I'm not one of those guys, however Disney's rebranding of Bo Peep from a reasonably inconsequential love interest to a "Kick butt heroine" comes across as really cliche and feeds into their "We can't have classically femenine characters anymore" narrative. At least on the surface. I suspect she's the antagonist from the trailer however. Kind of underwhelmed that their doing the lost toy schtick AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I'm not one of those guys, however Disney's rebranding of Bo Peep from a reasonably inconsequential love interest to a "Kick butt heroine" comes across as really cliche and feeds into their "We can't have classically femenine characters anymore" narrative. At least on the surface. I suspect she's the antagonist from the trailer however. Kind of underwhelmed that their doing the lost toy schtick AGAIN.
    I'm thinking they're going to play around with that concept quite a bit, because the writers always keep her porcelain nature in mind. She played a smaller role in Toy Story 2 because the writers were, no joke, worried that she might crack under all that action. In Toy Story 3, she was essentially written out entirely in large part because the writers wanted to keep the climax with the incinerator, but her porcelain shell would make her the most vulnerable out of all the toys and she would've been destroyed well before the others in that scene.

Tbh, I wouldn't put it past Pixar over the past 10 years to compare something like male fragility to porcelain fragility. Inside Out and Incredibles 2 were pretty insightful with their observations, which is great for parents and older audiences.

New trailer. It's buzz's trailer this time.