• Ultimate X-men

15 11.72%
  • Astonishing X-men - Joss Whedon

14 10.94%
  • Other

17 13.28%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

TAS Version.

but it seems they will be adding the former "Deadpoolverse" to MCU. so everything that happen in Deadpool is cannon to the mcu now?

check disney website.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    TAS Version.

but it seems they will be adding the former "Deadpoolverse" to MCU. so everything that happen in Deadpool is cannon to the mcu now?

check disney website.
    No way. Feige won't let other movies to join MCU.
    Reynolds may stay as Deadpool actor. I doubt that anything will happen morw then that.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    There's a reason for that. X-Men 1 and X2 are still great movies, and they had a winning formula. Castwise, Feige would do well to recreate that.
    I like them. And also I love first 2 movies of Spider-Man.

And Homecoming is nothing like them. I am sure that MCU X-Men will be fresh.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I guess it all depends on how mutants are introduced into the MCU.

Are they the result of one of the Infinity Gems being "destroyed" resulting in a power wave that alters the genome of a number of people across the globe?

Are they imports from another universe that are merged with the MCU?

You can't necessarily jump into an X-Men movie without establishing that first. And from there you build out how long Xavier has existed and had his abilities. Does he in fact have a past with Magneto (because that couldn't exist currently if they just started)? Does he have a school and has he been training anyone?

I don't want Wolverine in the first movie. I would rather him be a nod at the end. He shouldn't be the focus. I also think having a different set of threats from the Brotherhood would be good. Have it be similar to the Mystique lead group (Pyro, Destiny, Mystique, Avalanche, Toad), with a reveal of Magneto at the end....WITH A REVIVED QUICKSILVER at his side.

X-Men cast in my mind would be determined by the world build. If mutants are brand new, you need a mix of the O5 and some of the others (a similar look to the current cast in Dark Phoenix - Beast, Iceman, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Kurt, Thunderbird, Sunfire, Polaris). If a well established mutant world, having the adult cast be similar to the original movie but have it look more like TAS.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

TAS.
    I love everybody on that cast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I would want them to mirror the actual comics so start with the O5, introduce lorna and havok. The bring on the giant size xmen. I think this would be the best way to start.
    The one with no diversity? I'll pass. The Claremont era are what made the X men matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I hope not. After good Avengers movies, O5 in MCU will look as the most visually boring team ever.
    I disagree. visually boring in what way?

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I guess it all depends on how mutants are introduced into the MCU.

Are they the result of one of the Infinity Gems being "destroyed" resulting in a power wave that alters the genome of a number of people across the globe?

Are they imports from another universe that are merged with the MCU?

You can't necessarily jump into an X-Men movie without establishing that first. And from there you build out how long Xavier has existed and had his abilities. Does he in fact have a past with Magneto (because that couldn't exist currently if they just started)? Does he have a school and has he been training anyone?

I don't want Wolverine in the first movie. I would rather him be a nod at the end. He shouldn't be the focus. I also think having a different set of threats from the Brotherhood would be good. Have it be similar to the Mystique lead group (Pyro, Destiny, Mystique, Avalanche, Toad), with a reveal of Magneto at the end....WITH A REVIVED QUICKSILVER at his side.

X-Men cast in my mind would be determined by the world build. If mutants are brand new, you need a mix of the O5 and some of the others (a similar look to the current cast in Dark Phoenix - Beast, Iceman, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Kurt, Thunderbird, Sunfire, Polaris). If a well established mutant world, having the adult cast be similar to the original movie but have it look more like TAS.
    I agree with this. A lot of things depend on how they're introduced. I too don't want wolverine in the first movie. I have no problem with them building up whatever lineup they decide to introduce first, and then bringing him in.

The villains could go either way for me, but i would like a brotherhood of sorts.

Analysing every possibilty:

Original X-men:

+ If mutants are a new species poping up on MCU, it would make no sense the X-men being a estabelished team. So things should start from the beginning.
    + Opposed to Sony's Spiderman movies, FoX-men were never too attached to the original source. It's the chance to be faithful to the original material.

- Sorry O5. But you are not the team that made us fall in love with the X-men.
    - Stories from this period are not the most memorable ones. The title almost got cancelled.
    - We are f#$%$ tired of Magneto being foe of the day. So, no Cape Citadel attack on the first movie, please.

Second Genesis:

+ Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler and Wolverine. Nuff Said.
    + Giant Size X-men is a very good source material of introducing new characters, respecting the older ones, without need of expend much time showing the origins.
    + All the great and iconic material of this period.

- Big highlights like Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Saga and Days of Future Past were "burned" by FoX-men. So we won't see it so soon.
    - Banshee, Sunfire and Thunderbird are not the most popular X-men. But they can be replaced by Jean Grey, Kitty Pryde or Beast.

The Animated Series:

+ It's the most successful X-men team. The one that made X-men part of the world's pop culture.
    + We are a nostalgic generation. Movie industry is making a lot of money with remakes, reboots or sequels of old franchises. Because people want to see things of the childhood. And TAS is part of everybody's childhood.
    + Rogue and Gambit romance, Storm's catchphrases, Xavier's floating chair, Jubilee's annoyance, Beast's quotations, Scott/Jean/Logan triangule. All iconic.

- Jim Lee's designs are very popular, but they won't work on big screen. Maybe if it is set on the 90s, but it would make MCU X-men chronology as confused as the FoX-men chronology.
    - This are the 90s X-men team, so they would need to make big changes in all previous stories. What I (and many fans yearning for fidelity) wouldn't like.

Ultimate Millar-men

+ Ultimate universe had a big influence in the Avengers franchise. So we should expect the same for the X-men.
    + Most concepts were updated to 21st Century, so it would be easier to adapt for big screen.
    + Scott, Jean, Hank, Bobby, Ororo, Peter and Logan are a good mix of the original and the second genesis team

- Public be introduced to the team by Wolverine's point of view has already been done. And it's one of the biggest problems in FoX-men.
    - Stories are not bad, but it's hard to think in one better than 616 universe ones.

Astonishing X-men

+ It's written by the guy who brought us The Avengers.
    + Eisner Award winner, critics and fans praised run.
    + Basically the team of all the big X-men events of the last 15 years (House of M, Messiah Complex, Avengers vs X-men, etc)

- There's all a context of previous stories like CC and Morrison runs that make this team work.
    - And it would only work if the X-men were already established.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    No way. Feige won't let other movies to join MCU.
    Reynolds may stay as Deadpool actor. I doubt that anything will happen morw then that.
    I think they might just keep Deadpool on his separate universe. They don't want R-Rated movies on the MCU but they have said Deadpool is gonna stay R-Rated. If they ever decide they want Deadpool to show up on the MCU, well, he can break the fourth wall anyway, so...

It would be cool to follow the Avenger's strategy, introducing separate characters slowly. Show Ororo on Black Panther's sequel, throw Wolverine somewhere, make Xavier contact Dr Strange.

Namor could be an antagonist in many movies and even introduce the concept of mutants. And, of course, the idea of Mystique and Rogue as villains on a Captain Marvel film could really work.

For the first X-Film, I'd go with the core Ororo-Logan-Kurt-Piotr. They are the heart of the X-Men for me. You could set on a post-Dark Phoenix period, making references to the Original X-Men, a tragically-deceased Jean Grey and a mourning Cyclops.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Reinvented for the new millennium:

I was ecstatic when that universe died Same feeling regarding the last installment of the Fox X-Men Universe in 2019 with the movie Dark Phoenix.

Astonishing/New X-Men era.

Not necessarily the line up, strictly.

fuck it I'll swerve left, I want the current Krakoa era; resurrection, implied polyamory and orgies, miracle drugs, all'at good stuff.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."