Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    The Red Dragon

Nothing for me this month. Age of X and Uncanny feel like treading water at this point. And lol X-force dipping into the phoenix well again. Hard pass on this month.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Like others said, I am waiting for the relaunch.

Given Age of X is still going, I figure solicits would be uneventful. And it wouldn't be until at least next month when we'll start hearing about new team books, minis, and / or one-shots.

The Emma x Mystique thing has my intrigued though. I wonder who's gonna outwit & play who. This would be one time I am rooting for Emma, if she ends up being at odds with Mystique. lol

Surprised everyone is dogging on AoXM. I am dreading losing these books in favor of...another mUtaNt~cUrE! The solicits aren't full of details...but these are also the concluding issues here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Books we're likely to see in the relaunch:

Uncanny X-Men
    Adjectiveless X-Men (these two could share an author, like Avengers and New Avengers under Hickman)
    X-Factor (by Rosenberg, starring Madrox - possibly where Rogue and Gambit end up?)
    Wolverine
    a teen book (by Ed Brisson? Maybe keep the Nextgen name from Age of X-Man)
    and X-23?
    I would wager that, when the relaunch happens, Rosenberg could end up doing either X-Factor, New Mutants, or possibly both. The rest are up in the air. But I do see both Uncanny and Adjectiveless in the mix. Because there are too many active X-Men to fit in one book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I would wager that, when the relaunch happens, Rosenberg could end up doing either X-Factor, New Mutants, or possibly both. The rest are up in the air. But I do see both Uncanny and Adjectiveless in the mix. Because there are too many active X-Men to fit in one book.
    There are too many core X-Men to fit even in two books.

We need at least 4 X-Men books nowadays.

In the 90s, it was enough for just the blue and gold team but the roster has grown many folds.

BANNED

Lovin' those WotR covers w/Dani & Roberto. The X-tracts cover's hilarious, and X-Tremists' solicit grabbed my attention the most. So long Moneta, it's not been nice knowin' ya. Lookin' forward to neXt month's wrap-up, and the inevitable reset that ensues.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 03-20-2019 at 04:54 AM.

I'll pick up most of the AOXM and the War of the Realms Uncanny. Maybe main Uncanny depending how it goes. Going to enjoy seeing how terrible Moneta becomes.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Looks like a solid start to the summer. I have high hopes for Major X. I also hope to see Emma Frost play a larger role in the X-men comics again. I feel like her new role as the Black King will cause all sorts of glorious chaos that will bring out the best (and worst) of all those around her.

Also, seeing Apocalypse with Captain America's shield just feels inherently awesome.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post

We need at least 4 X-Men books nowadays.

In the 90s, it was enough for just the blue and gold team but the roster has grown many folds.
    Four core books is too much. They should add some of the popular heroes to the spin-offs.
    I think there should be two core (UXM and AXM) + one school book (Legacy) + spin-offs (X-force, X-factor, Excalibur, NM).

UXM (flagship): Jean, Cyclops, Logan, Storm, Cannonball etc
    AXM (heroic PR team): Iceman, Angel, Dazzler, Northstar, Monet etc
    XML (school based): Kitty, Jubilee, Armor, Anole, Rockslide, Genesis, Pixie etc
    XFO (covert team): Magik, Cable, Domino, Warpath, Sunfire, Boom Boom etc
    XFA (Genosha's rebuilders): Polaris, Quicksilver, Beast, Forge, Frenzy etc
    NM (international network/X-Corps): Moonstar, Chamber, Husk, Surge, Prodigy, Sooraya
    EXC (fantasy oriented): Nightcrawler, Meggan, Brian, Psylocke, Colossus, Banshee and Faiza

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    So long Moneta, it's not been nice knowin' ya.
    Looking forward to seeing her vanish in a multicoloured plasmoid mushroom cloud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Especially when you have Logan sucking up roster spots on multiple books that COULD be used to give some of those characters who are habitually shut out a chance to flourish.

So:
    Uncanny and its War of the Realms Tie In
    Wolverine
    Maybe Deadpool for War of the Realms
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing her vanish in a multicoloured plasmoid mushroom cloud.
    YES, that would be both epic, and poetic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Surprised everyone is dogging on AoXM. I am dreading losing these books in favor of...another mUtaNt~cUrE! The solicits aren't full of details...but these are also the concluding issues here.
    The mutant vaccine will most likely be contained to Uncanny. It wasn't built as a permanent status quo, more like this week's big threat. It's a mean to an end, in any case, just like Age of X-man.

Speaking of AoXM, the solicits have been vague in some cases or the covers don't give enough information to care about a lot of it. It's easier to care about these developments when you actually read issues than just having an idea of what happens. Only book whose solicitations actually made me hyped throughout is Nightcrawler. Prisoner X is the only one closer and Marvelous is mostly due to the cast, since solicits are basically "the X-Men are this and that in this world... And some stuff might happen". There's such a thing as too vague.

I thought of following War of Realms, but my ****, what a lot of mini series to buy. Not gonna happen for me. I also need money to go on dates Marvel.

So I'll just get X-Force, Uncanny and the Age of X-Man mini series.