Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Just Uncany, X-force and maybe Marvelous (depending on the previous issue) for me

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Boring month except for Sunspot showing up for War of the Realms.

So it's two more issues of Laura left. Fantastic

/s
    "Cable was right!"

IMG_20190319_185114.jpg duuuuuuude
    Sunspots Back!!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brohomo View Post
    IMG_20190319_185114.jpg duuuuuuude
    sunspots back!!
    yaaaaassssssssssss

In a War of the Realms tie-in of all places.......ngl I was hoping Rosenberg would be gone by the time Sunspot came back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    In a War of the Realms tie-in of all places.......ngl I was hoping Rosenberg would be gone by the time Sunspot came back.
    Dont worry, Rosenberg will kill him. That's what people like character getting killed right.

BANNED

Personally pulling NextGen, Marvelous X-Men & Prisoner X

X-Thoughts:

Major X #5 #6 The X-Istance? The X-Ential? What the heX is this nonsense?

Age of X-Man NextGen #5 The covers are again misleading, but as we now know, were just based upon characters they liked, rather than being reflective on characters in the interiors. A shame, because I would have liked to have seen some of them at least be wallpaper if they're not being used elsewhere.

Age of X-Man Prisoner X #4 Prison riot time. It's gonna be fun seeing the X-Prisoners take on Warden Forge and his prison officers. I wonder if other inmates (Monet, Frenzy, Ink etc.) will participate too. I could see them swaying Forge and then making #5 about getting out of the Danger Room.

Age of X-Man The Amazing Nightcrawler #5 I don't know how TJ exists in this reality but it's an interesting dilemma. Also, who the hell is Mystique if it isn't 616 Raven? Could this be Mastermind messing with Kurt's head? Or is it a projection of X-Man, testing Kurt's resolve and dedication to the dream?

Age of X-Man X-Tremists #5 So ready for Jubes to go all out. I suspect Moneta is the Dept.X member who wants to watch the world burn, the callous girl she is.

Mr & Mrs X #12 Sounds a lot like the end to me. This could be wrapping up the run before they transition into the team book we've heard mentioned (possibly still written by Kelly Thompson?)

X-Force #9 Looks like the Phoenix Force has returned to it's second-favourite telepathic redhead. This should be interesting.

Domino Hotshots #4 An all-out Battle Royale between these badass ladies? My bets on the Black Widow kicking some ass

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Rachel going back to the Summers' name is all I needed to see.
    I've kinda always thought of her as Rachel Grey-Summers. I figure both names carry a lot of weight and it makes sense to carry the legacy of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    So from possible deaths we have Hope, Wolfsbane, Karma and Banshee then.

I bet firmly on Hope.
    You missed Chamber on your list, who better make it out alive.

And as a self-proclaimed favorite of Rosenberg's I can't see Banshee going anywhere. Hope, Rahne & Xi'an are most at risk. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Hope bites the dust, as the so-called mutant messiah, her death would reaffirm the current tone of Uncanny.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    There are too many core X-Men to fit even in two books.

We need at least 4 X-Men books nowadays.

In the 90s, it was enough for just the blue and gold team but the roster has grown many folds.
    Strongly agree with this. I feel like we'll be getting Uncanny, Adjective-less and then some splinter titles. Very interested in seeing how they divvy up the X-Men this time around, and what creative teams they attach. I know who I want.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    You missed Chamber on your list, who better make it out alive.

And as a self-proclaimed favorite of Rosenberg's I can't see Banshee going anywhere. Hope, Rahne & Xi'an are most at risk. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Hope bites the dust, as the so-called mutant messiah, her death would reaffirm the current tone of Uncanny.
    I mostly agree, but I think Xi'an's safe until her issues with Tran are resolved, since Rosenberg created them. I don't see that happening soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I mostly agree, but I think Xi'an's safe until her issues with Tran are resolved, since Rosenberg created them. I don't see that happening soon.
    They've been beefing since the jump

Astonishing Member

Major X #5 #6 The X-Istance? The X-Ential? What the heX is this nonsense?
    X-ceptional X-Cess as brought to you by the X-traordinary talents of X-emplary Rob Liefeld! Creator X-traordinaire! X-Cited yet? (To be fair, the premise is one that has been kicking around in his head since the late 80's/early 90's. If it had been done at the time, it probably would have been very successful.)

Strongly agree with this. I feel like we'll be getting Uncanny, Adjective-less and then some splinter titles. Very interested in seeing how they divvy up the X-Men this time around, and what creative teams they attach. I know who I want.
    We can hazard a guess to what titles will be coming. Uncanny is a certainty. Likewise X-Force. Adjectiveless is also on the table (although, I feel it will probably be titled New X-Men.) Rosenberg has done too much with the cast from New Mutants and X-Factor for him not to be doing one of those (perhaps both.) We also know discussions have taken place regarding a revival of Excalibur with Jim Zub (which I would be down for given his work on Uncanny Avengers.) Plus maybe a few solo titles as well.

The question we should be asking is this: who will be writing these books?

With regards to the comments that the available spots on the team rosters are wasted due to doubling down on popular characters, gotta say I agree. Wolverine will be part of Uncanny. He is also slated to be part of Savage Avengers. That is more than enough. Instead of using him on another X-team, they could (and should) save it for Laura.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 03-20-2019 at 11:46 PM.

BANNED

Zub writing an X-series would be cool, he handles teams well and I liked his brief writing of Rogue more than K. Thompson's

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    X-ceptional X-Cess as brought to you by the X-traordinary talents of X-emplary Rob Liefeld! Creator X-traordinaire! X-Cited yet? (To be fair, the premise is one that has been kicking around in his head since the late 80's/early 90's. If it had been done at the time, it probably would have been very successful.)
    It's so X-traordinarily bad. The art is awful, the concept is stupid and we're getting more Logan + Wade shoved down out throats.

We can hazard a guess to what titles will be coming. Uncanny is a certainty. Likewise X-Force. Adjectiveless is also on the table (although, I feel it will probably be titled New X-Men.) Rosenberg has done too much with the cast from New Mutants and X-Factor for him not to be doing one of those (perhaps both.) We also know discussions have taken place regarding a revival of Excalibur with Jim Zub (which I would be down for given his work on Uncanny Avengers.) Plus maybe a few solo titles as well.
    Pretty much echoing what you've said here. I'm gonna go:

Uncanny X-Men
    Secondary X-Men flagship (Adjectiveless?)
    New Mutants
    X-Force
    X-Factor
    Excalibur
    NextGen?

The question we should be asking is this: who will be writing these books?
    We'll see if the Hickman rumor pans out.

I feel like the Rosenberg/Thompson/Brisson trio aren't going very far. Their work quality varies, but sales are mostly consistent and they seem to be in favor within the X-Office right now. If they're to remain they I just hope they're attached to the right project, as I'm not digging Rosenbergs Uncanny or Brissons X-Force.
    I'd really like Zac Thompson & Lonnie Nadler to remain after Age of X-Man wraps as they've done great work there, possibly tackling an offshoot team. Leah Williams needs a book with Emma Frost and/or Magik. Vita Ayala should get a handpicked diverse team of mutants too.

With regards to the comments that the available spots on the team rosters are wasted due to doubling down on popular characters, gotta say I agree. Wolverine will be part of Uncanny. He is also slated to be part of Savage Avengers. That is more than enough. Instead of using him on another X-team, they could (and should) save it for Laura.
    I swear, if Logan makes more than one X-Team I'm suing. Being on an X-Men and an Avengers flagship is more than enough, given he'll always have at least one solo book running too. And with so many X-Men to access, writers should be bringing together creative lineups that pay homage to the past, but are able to yield fresh new stories with diverse characters that maybe haven't been used to their fullest potential in the past (I'm looking at you Sunspot + Dani Moonstar)

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    Zub writing an X-series would be cool, he handles teams well and I liked his brief writing of Rogue more than K. Thompson's
    Of the writers that have shown interest in writing Excalibur, I think Zub would probably be my pick. His character work in Uncanny Avengers and Champions is pretty solid. That said, I'd rather see him write Alpha Flight but I can't see that title coming back anytime soon. And I have to agree, I liked his Rogue better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    I echo this. He proved himself in my eyes with his work on Uncanny Avengers. Which was very traditional in its storytelling - No bullshit or shock values. Just solid world building and great characterization. So if he has a genuine interest in doing anything X-related, please Marvel, just let him!

Don't forget he only wrote the last seven issues of Uncanny Avengers. But yeah, he did do a good job of carrying on what Duggan started and setting up No Surrender. The first two issues were just Secret Empire tie-in, but he squeezed a lot into the remaining five issues.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman