Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland789 View Post
    DCEU Diana is already above spiderman level. I'd like to see her grow more in the new film. But let's not exaggerate saying she is spiderman level.
    What lifting feats does she have to prove that?
    Only thing she lifted is a light tank meanwhile Spiderman has stopped a Train.

Aquaman has lifted a sub like nothing

Meanwhile Superman drags Wonder Woman around casually with one hand
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 06-23-2019 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post

Put simply, "Powerful" encompasses more that that.

BANNED

She easily lifted it and then threw it with 1 and easily. She is faster than spiderman and more durable than him.

And just for the record. Aquaman didn't lift a submarine. He pushed it to the surface, that doesn't take as much strength as it would take to lift a submarine on dry land against the full force of gravity, not even close.

Spiderman performed that feat in his second feature film and it nearly killed him. Wonder Woman fought Doomsday in her first film as a supporting role.

I really don't get this, well, insecurity, regarding Wonder Woman's power level. I saw the WW film with a couple of WW virgins and they all thought the action in that film was great and that the character came off as extremely powerful.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

She was able to take down Doomdays. So I think she is fine

She also demolished a belltower by flying into it.
    And even though it's often criticized as one of the weaker elements of the film, she did have a big smashy-smashy punch-up with Ares that involved her crashing through concrete, surviving big explosions, and practically going Super Saiyan to destroy him.

And, it bears repeating, they establish Diana in her movie was still learning her powers and hadn't yet reached her full potential.

Then, as already point out, there's her holding her own against Doomsday.

Her depiction in Justice League is the odd-one-out, and frankly, pretty much everyone who wasn't Superman got the shaft in that piece of ****.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    She also demolished a belltower by flying into it.
    And even though it's often criticized as one of the weaker elements of the film, she did have a big smashy-smashy punch-up with Ares that involved her crashing through concrete, surviving big explosions, and practically going Super Saiyan to destroy him.

And, it bears repeating, they establish Diana in her movie was still learning her powers and hadn't yet reached her full potential.

Then, as already point out, there's her holding her own against Doomsday.

Her depiction in Justice League is the odd-one-out, and frankly, pretty much everyone who wasn't Superman got the shaft in that piece of ****.
    You mean the lackluster part of an otherwise good movie, with no real good explanation of how she went super saiyan as you say it, or to that effect, doing the same thing in subsequent movies. Going Super Saiyan would have done well against Steppenwolf. She should have even been more powerful if you are going to use the excuse that she was still learning her powers in her origin movie.

So....we get a relatively good showing in her first outing in BvS versus Doomsday. Not the dominance that some people have argued, but she did well, as could be expected upon her first time on the big screen.

Then, we had her movie which I liked, but it breaks down poorly in the 3rd act with the CGI and the Super Saiyan as you put it. She flies/hovers and yet never shows this again in subsequent movies (BvS would be one because it technically came out later than the origin story).

Then we have her third showing where she is basically ineffectual against Steppenwolf and then the curb stomping she and the rest of the league had at the hands of the number one Alpha male in the DCEU.

Based on this, I really don't have high hopes that Wonder Woman is made out to be the powerhouse that she should be. Can she even top what Aquaman did in his movie? I hope Patty Jenkins shows us something more than we have seen so far.

She went one on one with Doomsday, and actually did better than Superman.
    In Wonder Woman, she went god-mode and sent everyone flying. She actually walked toward projectiles and they disintegrated in her path before she killed a god by wielding the lightning of Zeus.

Nobody in the DCEU has better depicted feats on-screen than Diana. Yeah, you could say JL, but I could point out that Diana was holding back against Superman. He was certainly smart enough to know that she could hurt him.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    You mean the lackluster part of an otherwise good movie, with no real good explanation of how she went super saiyan as you say it, or to that effect, doing the same thing in subsequent movies. Going Super Saiyan would have done well against Steppenwolf. She should have even been more powerful if you are going to use the excuse that she was still learning her powers in her origin movie.
    That's the deal with team films. The big feats are saved for solo films so that everyone can shine in the team films. You see it in the Avengers, too. The big guns rarely ever big gun. Look at Endgame and what the Russos did with Captain Marvel: pushed to the sidelines to play god in the machine when needed.
    It's hard to write a movie with stakes when each hero (save Batman) could potentially solo a guy like Steppenwolf. The only one who came out of JL looking good was Superman, but that's not saying much. He actually got really burned in that film thanks to all that CGI mess.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    That's the deal with team films. The big feats are saved for solo films so that everyone can shine in the team films. You see it in the Avengers, too. The big guns rarely ever big gun. Look at Endgame and what the Russos did with Captain Marvel: pushed to the sidelines to play god in the machine when needed.
    It's hard to write a movie with stakes when each hero (save Batman) could potentially solo a guy like Steppenwolf. The only one who came out of JL looking good was Superman, but that's not saying much. He actually got really burned in that film thanks to all that CGI mess.
    And left out of most of the marketing. They pretty much used that film to wrap him up as quick as they could and get rid of him. Power wise, he was exactly where he should be compared to everyone else except Diana, and with her it was more of a problem of her going down too quickly and the lasso's nebulous powers not working. Steppenwolf and a few Parademons is too pitiful of an invasion from Apokolips to justify the formation of the JL compared to the comics, where at least they had Darkseid. It really needed to be as many of the big name Apokolips gang as possible.

Overall, as far as the DCEU specifically is concerned, Wonder Woman is faring far better than Superman and WW fans should be grateful she has a near-universally embraced solo film and a trilogy to herself. If she flies in the second film or the third, we will officially have nothing to complain about besides one blip of a film nobody (including the studio) gives a crap about anyway.

"Spider-Man" level is laughably absurd.

Since when did WW do anything close to lifting a nuclear sub at high speeds underwater in any of the films she’s been in? Let’s hope Patty pulls through with this one with the FEATS.

Fantastic Member

Default Patty Needs to Show Why WW is DC's Premieur Superheroine

WW was a good film, and it had a good story, but the action scenes were subpar if I were to compare it to her contemporaries, especially the MCU.

On the other hand, for the most part, WW fight scenes in the animation is totally kick ass. Hire them to handle WW's fight scenes.

TT

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    WW was a good film, and it had a good story, but the action scenes were subpar if I were to compare it to her contemporaries, especially the MCU.

On the other hand, for the most part, WW fight scenes in the animation is totally kick ass. Hire them to handle WW's fight scenes.

TT
    I second this. Animation Wonder Woman has usually been pretty good.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I second this. Animation Wonder Woman has usually been pretty good.
    I loved when she took those two cars and smash doomsday with it in the animated film. Can u imagine seeing that in 84? I wonder will she have Hermes speed & how that will look? Don't think she has it yet

I'm rather certain that Wonder Woman in WW84 will be exactly as strong, powerful, fast, compassionate, and intelligent as the plot requires.

And frankly, I wouldn't have it any other way. It's one thing if the plot requires passing around an idiot or de-powering ball, but the first movie certainly didn't, and I don't expect the second one to do so either.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])