Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    Strange. Because most people agree she only did good against doomsday because of skill and gear. DCEU WW so far lacks feats outside gear. So it'd be a great improvement to see her using her powers more.
    Who are these "most people"? I've never heard that from anyone but people who like to complain. MOST people, including the general public thought she did better than Superman against Doomsday, and the fight showed her as hella powerful and were confused why she didn't seem the same through most of Justice League.
    Richard Alexander

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Who are these "most people"? I've never heard that from anyone but people who like to complain. MOST people, including the general public thought she did better than Superman against Doomsday, and the fight showed her as hella powerful and were confused why she didn't seem the same through most of Justice League.
    Yeah, that complaint is nonsense (and not actually common). Because that gear would do jack in the hands of anyone not at her level.
    She took hits from him even without the shield and shrugged them off. And the strength in her arm allowed her to deflect his punch with her sword, and then slice his hand off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Most people on comic forums that i have seen.

I never saw her take a hit from dd without the shield. To me is frustraiting that she hasn't shown many feats without gear. It's one of the things i want to see in WW84. More showings of her actual powers.

I never saw her take a hit from dd without the shield. To me is frustraiting that she hasn't shown many feats without gear. It's one of the things i want to see in WW84. More showings of her actual powers.
    I frequent a few forums as well as FB pages and to be honest, I have never seen this complaint before. Lots of complaints about the lack of flight, but not in regards to strength, speed, or durability related feats. I've certainly never seen it here.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This is the only place I've seen it. Forums like this as a census for how the majority feel is also not reliable. It's usually a vocal minority.

It's hard to see because everything is so fast and covered in darkness, but around the time she gets knocked down and smiles at how much of a challenge he is, I'm fairly certain she'd lost her shield at that point. The shield wouldn't be that helpful anyway. Like that shot that made it into the trailer, she got slammed back first into a rock and just looked annoyed before charging back at Doomsday. She was as powerful as she should have been.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

I have watched that scene over a million times on youtube and I’ve yet to see this alleged hit Wonder Woman took without the shield, show me a .gif or forever hold your peace

Also no one’s ever said that Wonder Woman isn’t superhumanly strong, obviously she’s super strong, however, she couldn’t have gone toe-to-toe with Doomsday UNARMED, is that so difficult to understand..

Consider the following example: if you throw me in a cage with a lion, I am surely going to get torn to shreds because I’m no match for a lion, lions are many times stronger and faster than humans. Toss me a sword and shield, now I can maybe stand up to this lion, the weapons even out the odds. Now imagine a man who can wrestle a lion with his bare hands, wouldn’t that man be considerably stronger than I am??

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    I have watched that scene over a million times on youtube and I’ve yet to see this alleged hit Wonder Woman took without the shield, show me a .gif or forever hold your peace

Also no one’s ever said that Wonder Woman isn’t superhumanly strong, obviously she’s super strong, however, she couldn’t have gone toe-to-toe with Doomsday UNARMED, is that so difficult to understand..

Consider the following example: if you throw me in a cage with a lion, I am surely going to get torn to shreds because I’m no match for a lion, lions are many times stronger and faster than humans. Toss me a sword and shield, now I can maybe stand up to this lion, the weapons even out the odds. Now imagine a man who can wrestle a lion with his bare hands, wouldn’t that man be considerably stronger than I am??
    Ummm....

Nobody succeeded in that movie unarmed.

Diana scores multiple wounds, but Superman doesn't do any damage to him at all with his bare fists.

It took Diana holding Doomsday in place with the lasso, Batman hitting Doomsday with the kryptonite shell and Superman hitting him with a kryptonite weapon to take him down

BANNED

Go to comicvine and read threads like

Is DCEU WW DCEU kryptonian level?

And again and like VonHammersmark pointed out too. She wasn't seen taking a hit from dd without gear. She doesn't have enough feats without gear, and that is something that needs to change in the sequel and future films.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Ummm....

Nobody succeeded in that movie unarmed.

Diana scores multiple wounds, but Superman doesn't do any damage to him at all with his bare fists.

It took Diana holding Doomsday in place with the lasso, Batman hitting Doomsday with the kryptonite shell and Superman hitting him with a kryptonite weapon to take him down
    That’s only because Doomsday happens to be invulnerable, the sword of Athena was the only thing, other than the kryptonite spear, that could do damage to him.

Normally, he would’ve slapped it out of her hand and proceeded to trounce Wonder Woman easily but because and only because she was doing her big-screen debut in Batman v Superman, she was spared the humiliation. Nothing could have saved Wonder Woman from the humbling defeat she suffered in Justice League though

BANNED

That’s only because Doomsday happens to be invulnerable, the sword of Athena was the only thing, other than the kryptonite spear, that could do damage to him.

Normally, he would’ve slapped it out of her hand and proceeded to trounce Wonder Woman easily but because and only because she was doing her big-screen debut in Batman v Superman, she was spared the humiliation. Nothing could have saved Wonder Woman from the humbling defeat she suffered in Justice League though
    Good writing could. Comic Wonder Woman has done well against many kryptonians, and even superman she has been able to put up a fight. Portraying her as nothing but a super human Xena is bad writing and there is no way to deny it.

Honestly I see too much emphasis on blocking bullets and attacks, I think fans are being set up for disappointment.

I want her being able to talk with animals to be a plot point.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Good writing could. Comic Wonder Woman has done well against many kryptonians, and even superman she has been able to put up a fight. Portraying her as nothing but a super human Xena is bad writing and there is no way to deny it.
    Only Whedon could have saved Wonder Woman from the a$$-whooping Superman dished out, Snyder planned it from the start, you didn’t need a crystal ball to see that coming

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

I want her to be fully realized with respect to the powerset we have mostly enjoyed since the Perez reboot and onwards.

Not the nerfed version that we see on screen now and apparently in the comics, when it depends on the writer if she can fly, if she is above midtier strength, etc...

We don't need a sword and shield version of her.

I doubt we will get the impressive feats that some are hoping for in the upcoming movie. And why do we always have to hope that she is done right, or that she might fly, even though it wouldn't make sense since her two other appearances with the JL didn't show that?

BANNED

Only Whedon could have saved Wonder Woman from the a$$-whooping Superman dished out, Snyder planned it from the start, you didn’t need a crystal ball to see that coming
    And that's what i call crappy writing. A well writen story wouldn't have Wonder Woman and the whole league portrayed as fodder to superman. That's not how it is in the comics.