Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 80
  1. #1
    Fantastic Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    258

    Default How powerful will Wonder Woman be in WW84?

    A) God level
    B) Superman level
    C) Thor level
    D) Spiderman level

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,687

    Default

    I Hope for very powerful, choice B. But I am afraid we will only get what we got in the last movie, choice D.

  3. #3
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    D is par for the course and apparently how the people in charge view Wonder Woman's power levels.

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,993

    Default

    I'd say D is the least likely, as we haven't even had it yet in any of the movies thus far. Not even in the underwhelming JL, it can't be argued that Spider-Man's head would be a fine crimson mist after receiving one headbutt from Superman, let alone two.

    Seems like needless hyperbole, and unfair to Jenkins. Whose one entry so far was an origin story with the powers being unlocked and a learning curve, and she apparently had a role in getting Whedon fired. Seems premature to think her planned trilogy will keep Diana, several decades later, at the learning stage.

  5. #5
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I Hope for very powerful, choice B. But I am afraid we will only get what we got in the last movie, choice D.
    Why are you so sure that we won't get better action and feats in the sequel?

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    Why are you so sure that we won't get better action and feats in the sequel?
    It is not that I heard anything official or anything like that. Just my own feeling.

    The first movie should have shown us the power of Wonder Woman. You saw what we got. In Justice League, WW could not even come close to a half-grasped one hand on the lasso Superman. He triubced the entire League without even trying.

    I Hope we do see some great feats, but why would we see a stronger, better WW in #2? And should we then expect to see even more strength and feats in #3? Wonder Woman is strength. We should not have to wait for additional movies. The strength is there, it does not come with making more movies.

  7. #7
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    It is not that I heard anything official or anything like that. Just my own feeling.

    The first movie should have shown us the power of Wonder Woman. You saw what we got. In Justice League, WW could not even come close to a half-grasped one hand on the lasso Superman. He triubced the entire League without even trying.

    I Hope we do see some great feats, but why would we see a stronger, better WW in #2? And should we then expect to see even more strength and feats in #3? Wonder Woman is strength. We should not have to wait for additional movies. The strength is there, it does not come with making more movies.
    Because why not? aquaman had far better feats in his own movie than in the jl movie. Wonder Woman in the comics is a character that can grow stronger. There is no reason why she can't grow stronger in the movies. We deserve a great franchise. So i still hope we see great feats and action.

  8. #8
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'd say D is the least likely, as we haven't even had it yet in any of the movies thus far. Not even in the underwhelming JL, it can't be argued that Spider-Man's head would be a fine crimson mist after receiving one headbutt from Superman, let alone two.

    Seems like needless hyperbole, and unfair to Jenkins. Whose one entry so far was an origin story with the powers being unlocked and a learning curve, and she apparently had a role in getting Whedon fired. Seems premature to think her planned trilogy will keep Diana, several decades later, at the learning stage.
    Past is prologue, sad to say Patty Jenkins has shown she directs character moments better than action scenes. All you have to do is compare WW's No Man's Land to Spider-Man stopping the runaway train.

  9. #9
    Just crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    716

    Default

    Considering that in the DCEU, she has been consistently shown to have no flight (ergo depowered), hasn't had any feats that somebody like Aquaman couldn't do, I would say no.

    Above Spiderman but definitely below Thor level. Doesn't matter to me if someone tells me she beat Ares in her own movie because that was the weakest part of an otherwise good movie.

    They will have to explain how she beat a so called god, Ares, and couldn't even stop Steppenwolf until Supes showed up. And the curbstomping she and the Justice League got by Supes tells you how it is for the DCEU.

    The Cheetah just doesn't lend itself to impressive feats in terms of how the inevitable throwdown between the two of them will show. Speed and claws and little else, besides throwing objects that most hero's can do (my opinion.)

    I think thru the promo's we get a sense of the power of Shazam which I would place in the Superman level category. And he flies!!!!!

  10. #10
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I Hope we do see some great feats, but why would we see a stronger, better WW in #2? And should we then expect to see even more strength and feats in #3?
    ....Because the first film was an origin story, in which Diana not even knowing she had powers was a plot point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Past is prologue, sad to say Patty Jenkins has shown she directs character moments better than action scenes. All you have to do is compare WW's No Man's Land to Spider-Man stopping the runaway train.
    Spider-Man 2's action sequences were more impressive than Spider-Man 1's. Jenkins will have more experience directing a superhero film now, and superhero sequels generally improve upon the prior installment. She has a good shot at improving upon her action scenes. Raimi did.

    The No Man's Land scene is automatically better due to the lack of contorted Tobey McGuire face.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    Because why not? aquaman had far better feats in his own movie than in the jl movie. Wonder Woman in the comics is a character that can grow stronger. There is no reason why she can't grow stronger in the movies. We deserve a great franchise. So i still hope we see great feats and action.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    ....Because the first film was an origin story, in which Diana not even knowing she had powers was a plot point?



    Spider-Man 2's action sequences were more impressive than Spider-Man 1's. Jenkins will have more experience directing a superhero film now, and superhero sequels generally improve upon the prior installment. She has a good shot at improving upon her action scenes. Raimi did.

    The No Man's Land scene is automatically better due to the lack of contorted Tobey McGuire face.

    Hey, I am Wonder Woman's #1 fan, so I want to see her very very powerful and accurately depicted ALL the time!!

    But my opinion is that we will not see Diana with Superman level of Strength in any of the movies.

  12. #12
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey, I am Wonder Woman's #1 fan, so I want to see her very very powerful and accurately depicted ALL the time!!

    But my opinion is that we will not see Diana with Superman level of Strength in any of the movies.
    Eh, I think BvS showed her as being about where she should be, minus the flight (and when she gets the flight is something that's all over the place in the actual comics). If not quite as powerful as Superman, certainly VERY close. And a much more experienced fighter, allowing her to put in a better showing against Doomsday than Clark. Jenkins in turn did the origin story based around discovering her powers with her future from BvS in mind, and even already started to contradict it (the walking away from humanity bit).

    Whedon and JL is the weak link so far. And Aquaman started either contradicting it or quietly ignoring it (see Atlanteans being able to speak underwater instead of Mera moving water aside for them to do it in her lame JL scene). Odds are WW84 isn't going to worry too much about JL.

  13. #13
    Mighty Member richalex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Chi
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Eh, I think BvS showed her as being about where she should be, minus the flight (and when she gets the flight is something that's all over the place in the actual comics). If not quite as powerful as Superman, certainly VERY close. And a much more experienced fighter, allowing her to put in a better showing against Doomsday than Clark. Jenkins in turn did the origin story based around discovering her powers with her future from BvS in mind, and even already started to contradict it (the walking away from humanity bit).
    I agree as for her strength and speed. BVS definitely showed her as being able to keep up in strength and speed with Doomsday and Clark, especially when she put the lasso around him. (Which is why it made no sense in Justice League Clark was able to do what he did to her. They just showed us that it wouldn't be that easy.) Justice League did do right by her, in the beginning with her Super Speed and showing how fast she was, until they made her forget that speed during the fight with Clark.

    And with the Wonder Woman movie, we see her strength continuously increase as the movie progresses, to her barely able to make hand and foot holds in the tower she was trying to climb, and her entering the window and the close up of her crushing the window seal, to her running into the tank during the No Man's Land scene and flipping it over, like a grown elephant tearing up a china shop, to her taking out the top part of the Clock tower. Each time she let loose she was faster and more powerful.

    We already know we are getting a Super Speed stunt from the leaks we saw of her running down the street etc. I'm sure she will be shown as very impressive in the speed and strength category, especially since it looks like they are dropping the sword and shield from her.

    The only thing is she doesn't fly. Ether come up with her being able to glide or fly or give her the Invisible Jet and make it cool.
    Richard Alexander

  14. #14
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I agree as for her strength and speed. BVS definitely showed her as being able to keep up in strength and speed with Doomsday and Clark, especially when she put the lasso around him. (Which is why it made no sense in Justice League Clark was able to do what he did to her. They just showed us that it wouldn't be that easy.) Justice League did do right by her, in the beginning with her Super Speed and showing how fast she was, until they made her forget that speed during the fight with Clark.

    And with the Wonder Woman movie, we see her strength continuously increase as the movie progresses, to her barely able to make hand and foot holds in the tower she was trying to climb, and her entering the window and the close up of her crushing the window seal, to her running into the tank during the No Man's Land scene and flipping it over, like a grown elephant tearing up a china shop, to her taking out the top part of the Clock tower. Each time she let loose she was faster and more powerful.

    We already know we are getting a Super Speed stunt from the leaks we saw of her running down the street etc. I'm sure she will be shown as very impressive in the speed and strength category, especially since it looks like they are dropping the sword and shield from her.

    The only thing is she doesn't fly. Ether come up with her being able to glide or fly or give her the Invisible Jet and make it cool.
    Strange. Because most people agree she only did good against doomsday because of skill and gear. DCEU WW so far lacks feats outside gear. So it'd be a great improvement to see her using her powers more.

  15. #15
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Considering that in the DCEU, she has been consistently shown to have no flight (ergo depowered), hasn't had any feats that somebody like Aquaman couldn't do, I would say no.

    Above Spiderman but definitely below Thor level. Doesn't matter to me if someone tells me she beat Ares in her own movie because that was the weakest part of an otherwise good movie.

    They will have to explain how she beat a so called god, Ares, and couldn't even stop Steppenwolf until Supes showed up. And the curbstomping she and the Justice League got by Supes tells you how it is for the DCEU.

    The Cheetah just doesn't lend itself to impressive feats in terms of how the inevitable throwdown between the two of them will show. Speed and claws and little else, besides throwing objects that most hero's can do (my opinion.)

    I think thru the promo's we get a sense of the power of Shazam which I would place in the Superman level category. And he flies!!!!!
    aquaman got better feats in his movie than in jl. They ignored the awful jl movie. There is no reason why they can't do the same with Wonder Woman.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •