Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Honestly I see too much emphasis on blocking bullets and attacks, I think fans are being set up for disappointment.
    Wanting to see Wonder Woman performing great feats outside of shield and sword shouldn't be too much to ask. She is supposed to be a powerhouse. We can't help but have some hope that maybe, in future films we will see a Wonder Woman with more power than the one from the first film. That's all we want.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    Wanting to see Wonder Woman performing great feats outside of shield and sword shouldn't be too much to ask. She is supposed to be a powerhouse. We can't help but have some hope that maybe, in future films we will see a Wonder Woman with more power than the one from the first film. That's all we want.
    That's not we want. We want Wonder Woman to be an Amazon Goddess. Not to lift two tanks in the next movie. Cheetah and Maxwell lord are not really powerhouses to test WW.
    Already Aquaman and Shazam are doing much more impressive things than WW in their first movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    That's not we want. We want Wonder Woman to be an Amazon Goddess. Not to lift two tanks in the next movie. Cheetah and Maxwell lord are not really powerhouses to test WW.
    Already Aquaman and Shazam are doing much more impressive things than WW in their first movie.
    Who said 2 tanks? I do want her to do much more than that. If Cheetah is writen properly she should be a powerhouse. She is supposed to have the powrs of a God.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    Go to comicvine and read threads like

Is DCEU WW DCEU kryptonian level?
    It's another forum, which I suspect has a lot of the same people. I browse there and a lot of the comments are almost word for word the same as the ones from the crowd on here.

She very clearly is close to Kryptonian level in one film (which is about where she should be based on the majority of published materials, being dead even with them is not consistent enough to be a necessity)*, and the origin story is an origin story. Focusing too much on JL seems counterproductive when it's clear WB doesn't care about it.

*Still doesn't excuse her going down so quickly in JL. She's not quite as strong as a Kryptonian, but strong enough to last way longer than she did.

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    I have watched that scene over a million times on youtube and I’ve yet to see this alleged hit Wonder Woman took without the shield, show me a .gif or forever hold your peace
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoHQckv5BN8

03:51. Blow knocks the shield out of her hands, she seems to take most of it herself, and she barely has a scratch on her.

Also no one’s ever said that Wonder Woman isn’t superhumanly strong, obviously she’s super strong, however, she couldn’t have gone toe-to-toe with Doomsday UNARMED, is that so difficult to understand..
    Why is it so difficult to understand someone of Diana's background using the weapons she was raised on in a fight?

Like people are saying they want her at Perez's level, but I'd like to point out she was armed to the teeth when going into Doom's Doorway and used an ax, shield and bow and arrow to defeat Cottus and the Hydra.

That’s only because Doomsday happens to be invulnerable, the sword of Athena was the only thing, other than the kryptonite spear, that could do damage to him.

Normally, he would’ve slapped it out of her hand and proceeded to trounce Wonder Woman easily but because and only because she was doing her big-screen debut in Batman v Superman, she was spared the humiliation. Nothing could have saved Wonder Woman from the humbling defeat she suffered in Justice League though
    This was all established where exactly? Besides head cannon, which doesn't count?

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Cheetah's her arch nemesis and has kicked her ass in some of their fights in the comics. And she now has the emotional hook. She is absolutely the right test for WW and her notoriety makes her screen appearance inevitable, nobody else besides Circe would even be considered for a film.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I agree as for her strength and speed. BVS definitely showed her as being able to keep up in strength and speed with Doomsday and Clark, especially when she put the lasso around him. (Which is why it made no sense in Justice League Clark was able to do what he did to her. They just showed us that it wouldn't be that easy.) Justice League did do right by her, in the beginning with her Super Speed and showing how fast she was, until they made her forget that speed during the fight with Clark.
    I chalk Diana's fight with Superman up to the old comic book excuse of not wanting to go all out on a guy who just woke up and is confused. Diana simply held back against him, and going all out, he still couldn't hurt her. As for Steppenwolf, it was Diana and Clark who took him down together, along with Arthur. They all got last shots in.

Mighty Member

Now when we talk about "strength" or "power" it always amounts to how much the character can bench. If Diana has more of a defensive fighting style than simply being a flying brick who simply tanks everything thrown at her, I won't see her as being weak or less powerful, but being more of a tactical fighter. It's like taking a punch to the face from someone weaker over slapping their fist away from you before it connects to your face.

Mine would be THOR level. For Pete’s sake, let’s all admit that Patty Jenkins should get Diana to fly and be more battle ready without the damn sword and shield.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    Mine would be THOR level. For Pete’s sake, let’s all admit that Patty Jenkins should get Diana to fly and be more battle ready without the damn sword and shield.
    There is nothing to admit. Diana hasn't flown in any of the movies of the DCEU, and probably won't until they go in a new direction.

I will admit that she got a curb stomping from Superman and that shows the current attitude towards her and the rest of the league with respect to the alpha male in the universe.

Agreed! Has anyone heard what Patty Jenkins opinion is of Diana’s power levels? If she wants WW to succeed than why the current state of her powers? Or, was it Dan DiDio and G. Johns who are responsible?

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    Agreed! Has anyone heard what Patty Jenkins opinion is of Diana’s power levels? If she wants WW to succeed than why the current state of her powers? Or, was it Dan DiDio and G. Johns who are responsible?
    She really has no say in the power levels in BvS and JL because she played no role in making them.

And the origin film, by its very nature, is not current. So we have nothing to go on to say Jenkins doesn't want Diana to succeed throughout her trilogy. Whedon maybe, but not her.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoHQckv5BN8

03:51. Blow knocks the shield out of her hands, she seems to take most of it herself, and she barely has a scratch on her.
    As far as I can see, the punch landed on the shield with a very audible clang, and knocked it out of her hands

Why is it so difficult to understand someone of Diana's background using the weapons she was raised on in a fight?

Like people are saying they want her at Perez's level, but I'd like to point out she was armed to the teeth when going into Doom's Doorway and used an ax, shield and bow and arrow to defeat Cottus and the Hydra.
    I don’t like the sword and shield, and the fact that Wonder Woman hails from a stagnant culture where they still use them doesn’t help sell them to me because I'm disappointed they've done that to Paradise Island in the first place, it's a bit of a double whammy actually
    Last edited by VonHammersmark; 03-21-2019 at 06:07 PM.

I don’t like the sword and shield, and the fact that Wonder Woman hails from a stagnant culture where they still use them doesn’t help sell them to me because I'm disappointed they've done that to Paradise Island in the first place, it's a bit of a double whammy actually
    I think your word choice there shows some bias. Were the inuit in Greenland a "stagnant culture"? Rather, they were supremely well adapted to their environment.

I believe the Amazons can be shown as a vibrant, well-adapted, and creative culture both with modern technology and without technology.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I think your word choice there shows some bias. Were the inuit in Greenland a "stagnant culture"? Rather, they were supremely well adapted to their environment.

I believe the Amazons can be shown as a vibrant, well-adapted, and creative culture both with modern technology and without technology.
    They can use male babies as currency

As far as I can see, the punch landed on the shield with a very audible clang, and knocked it out of her hands
    Fair enough, though it's still ultimately irrelevant because she doesn't show any bruises or injury from the various things the force of Doomsday's blows knock her into. And the strength of her arm can deflect his punch.

Give Batman those weapons and he'd still be useless in that fight. They only work so well because of the power of the individual wielding them.

The pre-Crisis Amazons had tech and weren't as stagnant as they would become in later reboots...and they still used shield and swords. The Titans brought Beast Boy to Paradise Island to be healed by the Purple Ray and then fought the Titans of Myth with swords while on horse back. Golden Age Diana occasionally used shields and swords. It's not a new development.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Fair enough, though it's still ultimately irrelevant because she doesn't show any bruises or injury from the various things the force of Doomsday's blows knock her into. And the strength of her arm can deflect his punch.

Give Batman those weapons and he'd still be useless in that fight. They only work so well because of the power of the individual wielding them.
    You are arguing very strongly for a version of Diana that only happened in one movie in which her cameo was supposed to get her 'over' with the audience. So if that movie is legitimate (BvS), then the JL movie has to also be legit. We can't just pick and choose which movies to argue for, since I and others can just remind everyone of the curbstomping she got in the JL movie.

I think it is horrible what the DCEU has done to her, but it seems like this has been it for awhile since the start of the Azz run. Induced coma, give me a break.