Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    If Marvel Studios is going to push the Eternals, I would love to see Hickman take on the scope of the Eternals and really go wild with them. If I can't get Hickman on the Legion of Super Heroes...then this is where I would like to see him play.
    I could get behind Hickman on Eternals. His Avengers run sorta already was Legion

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    I very much doubt Marvel would waste money on promoting something as niche as Eternals after the colossal failure of the Inhumans.
    Ms. Marvel, Moongirl, AOS, and expansion of the Inhuman mythos came out of the "promotion." And a sh*t budget for show that was supposed to be a movie was the opposite of what a "promotion" is. The Eternals are gonna get a Hollywood multimillion dollar movie budget and will be given the "Guardians of the Galaxy" treatment. They, like the Inhumans, are Jack Kirby's creations, and I don't think Marvel sees taking risks as a bad thing. I don't think fans will attack them or use them as scapegoats like they did with the Inhumans, especially since they think The Eternals are somehow tied into how mutants will be introduced in the MCU for some reason.

Hickman and....who? There is this person called an artist. Is Hickman going to draw it as well? Will it affect his ability to get the work out on time?
    Last edited by Anthony W; 03-20-2019 at 08:20 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Hickman and....who? There is this person called an artist. Is Hickman going to draw it as well? Will it affect his ability to get the work out on time?
    Maybe they could get Rob Liefeld to do the art?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

He had a variety of artists when he was on Fantastic Four. But the thing is right now I don't think Marvel's artist roster is very deep. When he was on Fantastic Four and later FF, he had Dale Eaglesham, Steve Epting, and a few others. I'm curious to see who is the artist assigned to this new title.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'm curious to see who is the artist assigned to this new title.
    I really would like to see Hickman and Opena working together again.

But my best bet is Leinil Yu.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED

Obviously whoever is doing the art would be part of the eventual announcement.

As for it getting out on time, is that even worth worrying about before the first issue has come out - and, for that matter, before we even know what this is?

As basic as this question seems, Hickman's work often has a different graphic style. This was seen heavily in Pax Romana and somewhat in his Avengers work. I think I'd prefer seeing a different look when a different writer takes over, even though the look is the artist's role. Of course writers all have differing styles in how they relay the story to artists. Alan Moore feeds many, many details to his artists.

It's actually an interesting question for me as well.

A lot of talk about X-Men just at the beginning of a cycle. It really isn’t. It is in a holding pattern. They clearly want to relaunch and are waiting for something. Either they were waiting for the Fox deal, or they were waiting for this. Could be both.

We know from an old Interview X-Men would be his first choice but that it wasn’t a priority for Marvel back then. Soon it will be. In the lead up to whatever the MCU have planned they will need to reframe the X-Men and reprioritise them. The normal tactic is to build up a portfolio of trades so that any movie release has some immediate back catalogue material available that has a similar tone and or lineup.

Then the hint was about two species. It would now be an anticlimax if it wasn’t X-Men. So that’s where I place my stake.

i just hope that it's not Doom-related.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    A lot of talk about X-Men just at the beginning of a cycle. It really isn’t. It is in a holding pattern. They clearly want to relaunch and are waiting for something. Either they were waiting for the Fox deal, or they were waiting for this. Could be both.

We know from an old Interview X-Men would be his first choice but that it wasn’t a priority for Marvel back then. Soon it will be. In the lead up to whatever the MCU have planned they will need to reframe the X-Men and reprioritise them. The normal tactic is to build up a portfolio of trades so that any movie release has some immediate back catalogue material available that has a similar tone and or lineup.

Then the hint was about two species. It would now be an anticlimax if it wasn’t X-Men. So that’s where I place my stake.
    The Eternals is about the two species the Deviants and the Eternals. If it were yet another "species" thing with the X-Men, it would be both typical and anti-climactic.

The core concept of the Eternals was that they live in a utopian heaven and the Deviants live in an underground hell, only coming together for conflicts when their progenitors return to Earth.

The core concept of the X-Men is that they represent a species of powered individuals who share the same space, society, with a species that hates and fears them, the humans. The mutants and the humans are the two aggressive species occupying the same space, and the dominant species would be the one who adapts and evolves, which is what a character like Magneto is obsessed with.

If the Hickman teaser is talking about Eternals, it means that the concept is being drastically retooled.

The teaser is more appropriate to X-Men because it's just restating a Darwinist version of their core concept.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

It's great to see that Hickman is coming back. I really hope he's not writing the X-Men as that's a corner of the MU I tend to avoid. That said, if he is on an X book, I will follow him there.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I really hope he gets a consistant artist. One gripe I have with Marvel at the minute is how little the creative teams stick together. Very rarely a title has one sole artist for the sake of shipping twice in one month.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

What if he takes over for Thor, since Aaron is leaving after War of The Realms?