Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    What if he takes over for Thor, since Aaron is leaving after War of The Realms?
    Jason will still be on Thor in July because there are still plots like King Thor and All-Black Loki that need to be tied up.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The Eternals is about the two species the Deviants and the Eternals. If it were yet another "species" thing with the X-Men, it would be both typical and anti-climactic.
    Nobody cares about them though. I know it’s a possibility given the movie but he would have to do a lot of work to get my attention on that one.

Also I desperately want to believe that the Eternals movie is a fake title for an F4 movie. Until they confirm more details I can dream.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 03-21-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Even with the timing being off I just don’t see it. Hickman is not a good fit for Thor in my opinion.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Even with the timing being off I just don’t see it. Hickman is not a good fit for Thor in my opinion.
    I thought the way he wrote him in his Avengers run was amazing, especially his epic death when he and Hyperion went out in a blaze of glory

somebody must fix Aaron's mess.

I thought the way he wrote him in his Avengers run was amazing, especially his epic death when he and Hyperion went out in a blaze of glory
    I am sure he could write him, but Hickman does the kind of plotting that works better with a grand sweeping epic with multiple groups. Think East of West. Multiple protagonists, wheels within wheels.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I am sure he could write him, but Hickman does the kind of plotting that works better with a grand sweeping epic with multiple groups. Think East of West. Multiple protagonists, wheels within wheels.
    Me thinks tis the perfect time to rope in the other Asgardians a la Sif, Warriors Three, Baldur, Heimdall, and of course Loki

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Damn.....I didn't plan on going to C2E2 this year since Hickman hasn't been going to this lately. He must have been a late booking because I didn't see him listed as a guest last month when I checked. He's listed for one panel and he'll be in Artist Alley . I've met him there a couple of times. I may try and make it out there but it's gotten crazy busy since I first met him there at the old McCormick Place section. C2E2 had to move to the larger hall 5 or 6 years ago.
    I hope that you're gonna make it, Iron Maiden!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Nobody cares about them though. I know it’s a possibility given the movie but he would have to do a lot of work to get my attention on that one.

Also I desperately want to believe that the Eternals movie is a fake title for an F4 movie. Until they confirm more details I can dream.
    I don't really care about them, that's true, but I care a lot about the Celestials and still hope that Hickman will finally build something big with them - he already started in many books : I would like him to finish the job!

I would be quite scared to read X-books again : I'm so lost... But I guess it would be a good jumping point.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    I don't really care about them, that's true, but I care a lot about the Celestials and still hope that Hickman will finally build something big with them - he already started in many books : I would like him to finish the job!

I would be quite scared to read X-books again : I'm so lost... But I guess it would be a good jumping point.
    Well this is the point. After years of meandering and IMO unfocused editorial direction the X books are not in a good place. If Marvel wanted to shake them up they could bring in somebody with a wider vision. You can just imagine how Hickman would tackle them. He would read everything ever written about mutations in evolution, and every weird morphology theory and mythology from ancient times to the seventies, and tie everything into a grand plan. It could be great.

Me thinks tis the perfect time to rope in the other Asgardians a la Sif, Warriors Three, Baldur, Heimdall, and of course Loki

That’s happening right now anyway.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I'd love for Hickman to fix the mess he left Namor and the Atlanteans, and that would fit the two aggressive species tag line. But of course, _that_ isn't going to happen.

It's clearly the Eternals. They've got a movie coming and there's nothing new for Marvel to push in the comics. It fits the two species tagline, as well as the the 2001 Space Odyssey apes twitter post. It doesn't have to interconnect strongly to the rest of the MU, like the Avengers / New Avengers / Secret Wars books did. And it could be a limited series. The last two would appeal to Hickman also, since he's got too much on his plate, and would help him avoid another Marvel burn out. And the Eternals have an immense scope, in the MU history of Earth and in the cosmic arena, that it would fit Hickman to a T.

In fact, given how the Black Order was immediately grabbed for the MCU, and his dabbling in screen writing, I wouldn't be surprised if Hickman was giving input on the Eternals movie.

The X-Men is just too much work, too much interconnection interference, and I don't see Hickman signing on for that mess.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Hickman's two creator owned books end this year and it's X-Men.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...x-men-history/

He also had a metric assload of time to prepare for this.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

maybe he can save the X-Men. the current alternate reality stuff is boring me to tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'd love for Hickman to fix the mess he left Namor and the Atlanteans, and that would fit the two aggressive species tag line. But of course, _that_ isn't going to happen.

It's clearly the Eternals. They've got a movie coming and there's nothing new for Marvel to push in the comics. It fits the two species tagline, as well as the the 2001 Space Odyssey apes twitter post. It doesn't have to interconnect strongly to the rest of the MU, like the Avengers / New Avengers / Secret Wars books did. And it could be a limited series. The last two would appeal to Hickman also, since he's got too much on his plate, and would help him avoid another Marvel burn out. And the Eternals have an immense scope, in the MU history of Earth and in the cosmic arena, that it would fit Hickman to a T.

In fact, given how the Black Order was immediately grabbed for the MCU, and his dabbling in screen writing, I wouldn't be surprised if Hickman was giving input on the Eternals movie.

The X-Men is just too much work, too much interconnection interference, and I don't see Hickman signing on for that mess.
    That post is perfect : all the reasons why I was almost certain that it was about the Celestials!

Well this is the point. After years of meandering and IMO unfocused editorial direction the X books are not in a good place. If Marvel wanted to shake them up they could bring in somebody with a wider vision. You can just imagine how Hickman would tackle them. He would read everything ever written about mutations in evolution, and every weird morphology theory and mythology from ancient times to the seventies, and tie everything into a grand plan. It could be great.
    Of course that would be absolutely great too!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Hickman's two creator owned books end this year and it's X-Men.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...x-men-history/

He also had a metric assload of time to prepare for this.
    So, two mini series of 6 issues each? A little bit short to fulfill JK's fantasy - and mine too btw.

I hope that the narrative structure will be innovative and a bit surprising!

...and let's say it : in fact I hope it will involve the Eternals too : the Celestials are also a part of the X-men mythos, aren't they? One mini for each species...
    Last edited by Abe; 03-22-2019 at 12:27 PM.