Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

I don't want this to last too long before John's Uncanny, so I'll accept another wallet bangin' right after WOTR. Monkey's paw!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I wonder because the wording is kind of weird, does this mean they will be alternating between House Of X and Powers Of X for 3 months, so 2 issues of each per month, or will it be 6 months where we get the 6 House Of X followed by the 6 Powers Of X directly afterward.
    “X books are bi-weekly, launching in June. So there’ll be an x book each week.” Said a Multiversity, live tweet.

I can only presume there will be a gap in July given that there are 5 Wednesdays in that month, but if they want to go full on weekly there is nothing to stop them.

Does anyone have categoric proof that Uncanny X-Men is continuing in June?
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 03-24-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    There's no X-23 in June but it will likely relaunch because sales are good. M&MX is kinda underperforming and the June cover is final issue as hell, even saying "Happily Ever After?" in the solicit.
    So what you are confirming is that that poster is an absolute liar and Mr & Mrs X hasn’t been confirmed as cancelled at all?
    That is a terrible thing, why is he saying things are cancelled when they are not !!
    People should not go around this forum lying !

I want Rosenberg to be on Uncanny as long as Claremont was.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Does anyone have categoric proof that Uncanny X-Men is continuing in June?
    June will be Uncanny #19-20, which will be #9-10 of Rosenberg's solo run, so I will be extremely surprised if they decide to cut his run off that early. The fact that they've been so insistent that these two series are mini-series, makes me think that Uncanny is still going on, while still keeping vague over what's actually gonna happen in either series.

Like, we don't even know if the two minis are gonna be a retrospective/reconetxtualization of X-Men history ala Grand Design, another alternate universe story jumping right off of Age Of X-Man to prolong the current status quo, or just a completely separate story with all the characters back in the main universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    June will be Uncanny #19-20, which will be #9-10 of Rosenberg's solo run, so I will be extremely surprised if they decide to cut his run off that early. The fact that they've been so insistent that these two series are mini-series, makes me think that Uncanny is still going on, while still keeping vague over what's actually gonna happen in either series.

Like, we don't even know if the two minis are gonna be a retrospective/reconetxtualization of X-Men history ala Grand Design, another alternate universe story jumping right off of Age Of X-Man to prolong the current status quo, or just a completely separate story with all the characters back in the main universe.
    But we don’t actually know do we?

I think we can guess, given the 37 charts that Hickman has drawn up, that this is not something that Marvel will just drop as a disconnected story. This is a deliberate recontexualisation of the X-Books at a time when we know Marvel will now be focusing more on the franchise.

Whatever is going on with Uncanny, everyone in the X-Office will have known about this for months.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 03-24-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I met him at his booth at C2 E2 but of course this was before the announcement. But I did put a request/hint to him about Doom. He just smiled. But who knows? He may be on the X-Men for a while. We'd have to see the charts first!

That's really cool, Iron Maiden!

And I love the charts.

Anyway it's gonna be really weird to read X-men again : I haven't tried since Grant Morrison...
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    That's really cool, Iron Maiden!

And I love the charts.

Anyway it's gonna be really weird to read X-men again : I haven't tried since Grant Morrison...
    Same here, and a bit of the Joss Whedon run. Wondering what Hickman will do after this?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-25-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Same here, and a bit of the Joss Whedon run. Wondering whatHickman will do after this?
    It seems kind of a waste if he only is doing this for a month.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I wouldn't mind if he does some limited run series for Marvel. He did a ton of work for Marvel with the Fantastic Four, the brief Ultimates run, Secret Warriors with Bendis, then his own creator owned works.

Extraordinary Member

I'm excited for this for the same reason I didn't care for his Avengers run: Hickman clearly (and indeed said so this weekend) loves the X-Men and always wanted to write them. There won't be any question of him trying to turn the X-Men into something they're not; he's going to have fun.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I admit to being very surprised that Hickman is doing the X-Men, but if that's what he loves, go for it!

Now, I'll have to decide if I'm going to pick up the floppies, or trade wait. I guess that may depend on how much Marvel tries to gouge me for the floppies.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    It seems kind of a waste if he only is doing this for a month.
    Am I missing something? It's 12 weekly issues total, right? So three months. Not very long, but still... It would be a year's worth of comics on a regular, monthly schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I admit to being very surprised that Hickman is doing the X-Men, but if that's what he loves, go for it!

Now, I'll have to decide if I'm going to pick up the floppies, or trade wait. I guess that may depend on how much Marvel tries to gouge me for the floppies.
    I think after doing fairly iconic runs on FF and Avengers, X-Men was pretty much the only place for him to go. Almost funny that the franchise he seemingly wanted the most was the last he gt to do.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Hickman clearly (and indeed said so this weekend) loves the X-Men and always wanted to write them.
    Oh, that's good to know; hadn't heard that. I'll try just about anything by Hickman, but I was a little concerned that this project has a strong whiff of corporate cash-grab b.s. around it. If it's genuinely a long-desired passion project for him, that's reassuring.

I'd be surprised to see him do an ongoing after this; he hasn't seemed interested in company IP characters in a long time. But I'm just guessing there.

Extraordinary Member

The quote is from the C2E2 panel:

"I grew up primarily a DC Comics guy; the only book I read of Marvel growing up was the X-Men... All the books I've done at Marvel up to this point, those were fantastic jobs - but they were jobs. This is was the first book I've loved before I started doing."
    Now I'm wondering how different things might have been if Bendis had decided not to leave the Avengers and Hickman had gotten X-Men... but then he'd probably have run right into the war between Marvel and Fox in the mid-10s, so maybe it's all for the best.
    Last edited by gurkle; 03-25-2019 at 08:38 PM.