Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One last thing before the news is out...

I'm kinda hoping it is some sort of a misdirection.

That said, a pair of limited series does sound exactly like something this writer would sign up for.

Accounting for that, wasn't their some talk of the "Ultimate" universe making a comeback a little while ago? That being the case would certainly line up with this writer and there being an "X"-related component.

Never mind that it would account for the copy in the ad.
    Ultimate might be back next year. The subject came up in one of the panels tonight, and Cebulski said there's a retreat in a couple of weeks, and it could be discussed there. if it happens, it would be for the 20th anniversary, which is next year.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    "Hickman is launching two x-men titles - House of X and Powers of X, with Pepe Larraz and R.B. Silva respectively."
    Sounds like they're trying to make their new House Of M. Not the same story necessarily, but the whole premise that ''everything is going to change for mutants'' and bla bla bla.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Attachment 80236

Looking pretty cool.
    Definitely looks like there is time travel and/or alternative universes involved. Honestly, it doesn't look like anything that hasn't been done with the X-Men a thousand times before, which is why I was not particularly interested in this being X-Men related. But hey, let's see how this turns out. It's Hickman, after all.

If anything, at least I can be amused at Emma Frost looking like a damn sassy kween standing between Scott and Jean. That alone makes this promotional image so worth it.

BANNED

Obviously there's not enough - or really any - info on the actual stories or even the basic concepts to comment on much at this point but Hickman alone is enough to instill confidence that this is going to be something special and I love both the artists that are involved.

I just wonder what's going to happen to the other X-books while this is going on. I really like Rosenberg's Uncanny so I hope that continues on when Hickman's minis start.

Also, if these two minis are running bi-monthly, I have to imagine that there's more from Hickman coming on the other side of them.

I mean, sure, maybe he's just committed to doing these two minis and, bam, he's out but...I don't know. Even if they're altogether mind-blowing, two six issue minis seems kind of thin when Marvel is trumpeting Hickman's return to Marvel - especially if they're both shipping bi-weekly and they'll both be done by September.

It'll be like "Hickman's back...aaaaand now he's gone."

I know this isn't going to be quite like Bendis going to DC and writing a ton of books for years on end but I just feel like Marvel wouldn't have Hickman come back if it wasn't going to be a fairly hefty commitment where they'd have him contributing semi-long term. But either way, I guess we'll find out what's what soon enough.

So pretty much as predicted, a reframing of the X-Universe. Which is what it desperately needs. I always want to enjoy the X-Books, I persevere with their shenanigans, but they are totally directionless from an editorial standpoint. A writer or two pick up the threads, push hard for a new direction, then when that doesn’t quite work out another writer does the same but in an entirely new direction. Threads get totally abandoned.

Just look at AvX. It set up a very specific dynamic which aligned everything, then somebody decided Bendis needed to be doing Iron Man and the entire focus shifted. Then we got the crazy mess that was IvX which binned the main political focus, hurt the brand, and sent important characters spinning into limbo. Then we got the various colours which could have been entirely separate lines, and they effectively forgot a lot of the themes and purpose in favour of new ones. At one point the O5 were there for a reason, then that reason became accidentally irrelevant and then they got sent back via an elaborate story that may have well not have been written for all the effect it had on the next new shiny thing.

They desperately need a focus that can drive the narrative forwards over a longer timeframe. One that takes stock of what was supposed to be happening and what the characters were designed to represent.

Powers of X is pronounced Powers of 10. Like the roman numeral.

House of X and Powers of 10.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Obviously there's not enough - or really any - info on the actual stories or even the basic concepts to comment on much at this point but Hickman alone is enough to instill confidence that this is going to be something special and I love both the artists that are involved.

I just wonder what's going to happen to the other X-books while this is going on. I really like Rosenberg's Uncanny so I hope that continues on when Hickman's minis start.

Also, if these two minis are running bi-monthly, I have to imagine that there's more from Hickman coming on the other side of them.

I mean, sure, maybe he's just committed to doing these two minis and, bam, he's out but...I don't know. Even if they're altogether mind-blowing, two six issue minis seems kind of thin when Marvel is trumpeting Hickman's return to Marvel - especially if they're both shipping bi-weekly and they'll both be done by September.

I know this isn't going to be quite like Bendis going to DC and writing a ton of books for years on end but I just feel like Marvel wouldn't have Hickman come back if it wasn't going to be a fairly hefty commitment where they'd have him contributing semi-long term. But either way, I guess we'll find out what's what soon enough.
    I hope your right and he lasts more than 6 issues.
    2 biweekly minis lasting 6 issues isnt really a trumpeting.
    More like a fart.
    Given his obvious love for the FF I would love to see Franklin involved in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

Mr and Mrs X and X-23 are cancelled, Uncanny is continuing, and we'll probably know X-Force's fate when the July solicits come out. I would expect Uncanny's roster to change as the arc running alongside Hickman's books will probably be dealing with the Age of X-Man aftermath.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    I hope your right and he lasts more than 6 issues.
    2 biweekly minis lasting 6 issues isnt really a trumpeting.
    More like a fart.
    To be fair, it could be an AMAZING, game-changing fart.

Maybe once these two series come out, people will be like, oh ok, that's all he needed to do!

I just think that there's got to be a little more from Hickman beyond those two series.

But...time will tell.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I met him at his booth at C2 E2 but of course this was before the announcement. But I did put a request/hint to him about Doom. He just smiled. But who knows? He may be on the X-Men for a while. We'd have to see the charts first!

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-24-2019 at 09:17 AM.

Oops...duplicate post

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Mr and Mrs X and X-23 are cancelled, Uncanny is continuing, and we'll probably know X-Force's fate when the July solicits come out. I would expect Uncanny's roster to change as the arc running alongside Hickman's books will probably be dealing with the Age of X-Man aftermath.
    Where did you get news that Mrs & Mr X and X23 are cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    Where did you get news that Mrs & Mr X and X23 are cancelled?
    There's no X-23 in June but it will likely relaunch because sales are good. M&MX is kinda underperforming and the June cover is final issue as hell, even saying "Happily Ever After?" in the solicit.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Hickman greets the X-Fans on Twitter. I had mentioned at the signing earlier that day how he sometimes would tease the X-Fans on his old formspring account. By coincidence he had sent this out and I hadn't seen it yet.

From what I can tell, these two books will be the main X-Books for a while. The way it was reported via tweets it seems a much bigger deal than just two mini-series.

I wonder because the wording is kind of weird, does this mean they will be alternating between House Of X and Powers Of X for 3 months, so 2 issues of each per month, or will it be 6 months where we get the 6 House Of X followed by the 6 Powers Of X directly afterward.