Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

It feels like Rosenberg is on Uncanny for the long haul, so it would be weird to see him suddenly jump of it, and given they probably knew he was gonna be coming back since before Disassembled started, it seems even weirder he'd be on it for so short and supposedly have much more still to do. If it is an X-book, it probably is gonna be a new one with a new team that spins directly out of the end of Age Of X-Man.

But either way, I'm really excited for it, Hickman is excellent, and I love that all they have to do is put his name on a white sheet of paper and people go crazy. Just like all the "Bendis is Coming" teasers from DC books last year, sometimes all you need is a name to draw hype!

I'm not sure what Hickman could be working on, but it's definitely something on my probably list already.

On the bad side, I'm kissing the continuation of The Manhattan Projects good-bye.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'd be disappointed if it's the X-Men. I've given up on them a long time ago and don't think I want to play catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    I don't really relate to the Hickman hype personally! I'm hot-and-cold (mostly cold) on his Avengers, and if he's on X-Men, I feel like he would repeat a lot of the mistakes he made on Avengers.

Also, I'm really into what the X-Men line is doing right now for first time in a very long time. I was interested in seeing what the Age of X talent and Rosenberg had up their sleeves for the future
    Eternals might be a good fit, and if Marvel is trying to make them a "big deal", then teasing out this announcement with all this hype and with a popular creator behind them is a good idea if Marvel wants this to sell.
    I agree.....I enjoyed around half of his FF run, and was left China completely cold by his Avengers run....too much non-stop action, zero characterization.
    X-Men? Would depend on the team.
    But at least this means he's not writing Legion of Super-Heroes!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I’m his X-Men would be good...but that’s only just re-started, it’s be a little mean to cut everything off so short.
    It’s lookong like Eternals to me, and it’s something I imagined he’d write even years ago.

Whatever it is, I’m in. Only ever read his stuff (aside from Black Monday Mirrors) in trades/omnibus so it’ll be strange watching things unfold in floppies.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

If Marvel Studios is going to push the Eternals, I would love to see Hickman take on the scope of the Eternals and really go wild with them. If I can't get Hickman on the Legion of Super Heroes...then this is where I would like to see him play.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Judging by the first teaser alone and what it implies the story will be about, I do hope it's Eternals related. I'm not interested in yet another someone vs X-Men.

Extraordinary Member

I guess I just didn't realize how big of a deal Hickman was. Don't get me wrong, his FF is amazing and his Secret Wars was one of the best things Marvel ever did.

I very much doubt Marvel would waste money on promoting something as niche as Eternals after the colossal failure of the Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    I very much doubt Marvel would waste money on promoting something as niche as Eternals after the colossal failure of the Inhumans.
    They are making an Eternals movie soon, so I would not be surprised if we get some kind of book or series eventually.

All Hope lies in Hickman!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Damn.....I didn't plan on going to C2E2 this year since Hickman hasn't been going to this lately. He must have been a late booking because I didn't see him listed as a guest last month when I checked. He's listed for one panel and he'll be in Artist Alley . I've met him there a couple of times. I may try and make it out there but it's gotten crazy busy since I first met him there at the old McCormick Place section. C2E2 had to move to the larger hall 5 or 6 years ago.

The inhumans were Perlmutter project, the Eternals will be Feige and their movie will soon start filming
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

The Inhumans push began back in 2013 on the premise that it would eventually lead to a live-action movie (which was announced to be in the works between Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers Endgame). The whole program eventually came crashing down when the movie got cancelled and the runner up prize, the TV show, got the axe after just one season. The failure of the TV show was what ultimately put that last nail in the coffin on trying to make the Inhumans a big franchise in the comics.

Eternals is different. The movie is definitely happening (they have a writer and director attached and are said to be currently casting), so Marvel has a vested interest in putting out a book featuring these characters.