Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Hickman's two creator owned books end this year and it's X-Men.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...x-men-history/

He also had a metric assload of time to prepare for this.
    I just saw that article.

That said, it isn't like Bleeding Cool hasn't been wrong before. ;p

Though, it does fit some of my points. It's limited and not directly interconnected.

Yes, it's been a few years since Secret Wars, but I don't think Hickman used that time to research the X-Men. Hickman is about doing creator owned work that benefits him, and rightly so. He was burnt out after Secret Wars. I just don't see him signing on for a massive project like taking on the X-Men.

My money is still on the Eternals.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Add me to the camp that hopes it's not X-men related
    We need better comics

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Add me to the camp that hopes it's not X-men related
    It's not X-Men per se. But it's utterly X-Men related...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    It's not X-Men per se. But it's utterly X-Men related...
    hello rich johnston are you by any chance related to rich johnston
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Hickman writing two six issues mins bring new dimension to a long existing Marvel concept?

This could take a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Hickman writing two six issues mins bring new dimension to a long existing Marvel concept?

This could take a long, long time.
    The year is 2078. Earth is ravaged in the fires of internet flame war. The survivors huddle up in their caves, bunkers, and abandoned In-N-Out Burgers. They follow the text written in the tomes of the old ones. They have Wi-Fi. They check Twitter. And there is nothing.

And then there is something.

Hickman has just made a shitpost.

The last X-Men issue about Beast's involvement in the development of MLP:FiM drops. Humanity is redeemed, and the crimson clouds part to a bright and beautiful sun for the first time in decades.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

One reader's take...

No matter which property it is...

If it is along the same line as Hickman's "SHIELD" series, that is a win.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 03-22-2019 at 06:31 PM.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I'm still hoping it ends up being an announcement for him writing Thor, because that's the book I think he'd excel on - though I know that seems unlikely at this stage.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Incredible Member

Hickman does amazing work, and manages to juggle the multiple aspects required in team books (F4, Avengers).
    I hope he isn't doing X-men - haven't enjoyed the X-men comics since around the time of the 90s cartoon, but I will feel compelled to read it if he's writing it.
    If he does write it, hopefully he avoids all the repeat events that keep happening (Ages of apocalypse, future X-men coming back to the past, etc).

My hope would be that he's gonna be writing the Shang-Chi series. Marvel's making a movie, get him to pump up the hero. He already had a decent take on him with his Avengers run.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly, I can see why X-Men would be sort of exciting for him. There are a ton of big concepts in X-Men that don't always get lovingly looked into. The casts are huge and Marvel is definitely thinking that the X-Men need to be pushed.

My issue with the Externals is that they're even more obscure than the Guardians of the Galaxy were back in the day. And it can be argued that they are sort of related to the X-Men, meaning that Marvel might see this as a good way to push them through X-Men. It also helps if they don't even try and make them the new "mutants" like they did with the Inhumans and just admit the ways that they aren't similar.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Eternals, not Externals. It's not just a quibble, both are Marvel Universe concepts, but very different concepts.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Eternals, not Externals. It's not just a quibble, both are Marvel Universe concepts, but very different concepts.
    OK, gonna be honest, I know there's a difference, but I always get them confused. And frankly, you could combine the two concepts and most of us probably wouldn't notice.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    OK, gonna be honest, I know there's a difference, but I always get them confused. And frankly, you could combine the two concepts and most of us probably wouldn't notice.
    I mean, the Eternals were created by Jack Kirby and are awesome. The Externals were created by Rob Leifeld and ... were not created by Jack Kirby.

Seriously, I don't hate them but they're not as good.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Thinking on it, it is entirely possible Hickman could be doing both the Eternals and something to do with the X-Men. He could be updating the Eternals AND connecting them to the X-Men.

Honestly, I can see why X-Men would be sort of exciting for him. There are a ton of big concepts in X-Men that don't always get lovingly looked into. The casts are huge and Marvel is definitely thinking that the X-Men need to be pushed.

My issue with the Externals is that they're even more obscure than the Guardians of the Galaxy were back in the day. And it can be argued that they are sort of related to the X-Men, meaning that Marvel might see this as a good way to push them through X-Men. It also helps if they don't even try and make them the new "mutants" like they did with the Inhumans and just admit the ways that they aren't similar.
    The Eternals are based off the Greco-Roman myths, right down to their names. They are going to have way more name recognition amongst the general public from the starting gate, than GotG. Or Iron Man. Or Captain Marvel. Or Black Panther. Or Doctor Strange.

Since I don't even know who the Externals are, I have to disagree.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Thinking on it, it is entirely possible Hickman could be doing both the Eternals and something to do with the X-Men. He could be updating the Eternals AND connecting them to the X-Men.

The Eternals are based off the Greco-Roman myths, right down to their names. They are going to have way more name recognition amongst the general public from the starting gate, than GotG. Or Iron Man. Or Captain Marvel. Or Black Panther. Or Doctor Strange.

Since I don't even know who the Externals are, I have to disagree.
    There are pantheons of gods with similar names in Marvel already. To the novice fan or even to many of us newer Marvel fans, the Eternals are rather confusing. I don't want to think about how that would be for a movie fan.